So how to you sleep?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!

So how do you sleep?

sleep on your back
11%
sleep on your side (describe it because there are many different ways to sleep on your side)
68%
sleep on your stomach
21%

Total votes: 28

Brakefade
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Brakefade »

I start on my back, the on the sides, and then on my stomach. If I have trouble falling asleep I will usually play a racing game, pick the slowest car, and drive it around the longest track. That usually works for me.
Only girly men drag, throw in some curves and I'm in.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

try drinking some herbal tea...helps for me
FREE ROMAN!
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

subzero wrote:try drinking some herbal tea...helps for me
+1
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

i don't like tea...
i drink water...or milk...or caffeine. i sleep fine too. caffeine has odd effects on me...doesn't make me more hyper or "sugarized", it actually kinda does the same thing as my ADD meds...caffeine also makes scion_xA sleepy...or tired. :lol:
Mike_AR
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Acura RSX

Post by Mike_AR »

papyrus wrote: Just to clarify, I don't wake up upside-down every night (although it happens from time to time), but I do move around a lot. Sometimes when I'm having trouble falling asleep it's because I forgot to turn my fan on. I like the ambient noise and the breeze - for whatever reason that does the trick. If it's too stuffy in my room I can't sleep. Do you have a fan?

Do you exercise? That can help A LOT if you're having trouble sleeping although if you workout too close to bed time it can keep you awake.

Do you do other things in your bed like read, eat, or watch TV? If so, stop for awhile and re-train your mind that the bed is for sleeping, not hanging out.

Failing all that - a couple shots should do the trick. :P

Rest easy, MikeAR :)
Your too funny. I should try a couple of shots. You didn't even recommend beer but when straight to the heavy stuff. :wink:

White noise does help me fall asleep on difficult nights. I do have a fan but it's been cold here lately so I don't use it. Leaving the tv on at night helps too.

Usually what happens is that I start in one sleeping position and after awhile it feels uncomfortable so I change positions. The change of sleeping position is really what keeps me up because I have to start all over again in trying to fall asleep.
Life is better with three pedals
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

it depends what kind of mood a certain fireman is in :roll: :twisted:
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

:lol: Here you go again: fireman ftw!!
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

I usually sleep/fall alseep flamingo style - on my stomach/side, with one leg up. Not good if someone else is in the bed. Funny thing is, I've never consciously woken up and realized what position I was in. Just for you guys, I'm going to try and figure that out. Watch for updates. :)

I always have to have some sort of white noise in the room. 99% of the time I use a small fan. Moves air and creates the perfect "whir" to fall asleep to.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

i leave my window down in my room all the time even in the winter (maybe a crack) because i like hearing whats going on outside. this includes the trees moving/wind blowing/street racing etc.
FREE ROMAN!
violinandbass87

i woke up this am (i think on my left side still...), but my neck hurt, and my wrist hurt...so i laidin bed for a while (no work, no class today, just homework), and now they feel better :)
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Mazda3

Post by papyrus »

Johnf514 wrote:I usually sleep/fall alseep flamingo style - on my stomach/side, with one leg up. Not good if someone else is in the bed.
:lol: For as lanky as you are I'm surprised you even fit in a bed! j/k.

Mike - sounds like you're just not falling asleep fast enough. Try to wear yourself out during the day (not kidding about exercise!) and try to get tired enough to sleep somewhere other than your bed. Only get in bed when you're ready to sleep. :D
from now on, we'll take 'here' to mean 'here i am, rock you like a hurricane.' mooninites ftw!
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

mike if your want to get yourself tired to fall asleep... try swimming laps in the day. im not saying olympic size pools but a recreational pool @ a rec center or w/e should be good enough . do as many laps as you can and i guarantee you`ll be pretty tired when it comes time to go to sleep.

OR

you could run in the morning or afternoons.
circuit train at the gym or circuit training via calesthenics at home
skip rope for 20-60 minutes (try to go as long as you can without stopping)

if you are going to do any excersizing dont do it right before you go to bed unless your accustomed to doing it already. (ie doing a set of pushups/situps before bed)
FREE ROMAN!
violinandbass87

papyrus wrote:
Johnf514 wrote:I usually sleep/fall alseep flamingo style - on my stomach/side, with one leg up. Not good if someone else is in the bed.

Mike - sounds like you're just not falling asleep fast enough. Try to wear yourself out during the day (not kidding about exercise!) and try to get tired enough to sleep somewhere other than your bed. Only get in bed when you're ready to sleep. :D
what i do is stay up so late i'm very tired...it works! i have no problems falling asleep (i do not reccommend my waytho...its a good way to get behind on sleep/be late for class/miss class b/c of oversleeping) :lol:

book reading doesn't work for me...b/c i like reading...unless its a text book. you could try reading a boring txt book before bed...could help.

or like papyrus said, wear yourself out...i do...and i don't exercize...i do it thru exhaustion...(not good either).

crying also works to put me to sleep (sometimes)...but i only cry sometimes (ie stressed)
OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Mits Evo MR

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

I usually fall asleep on my stomach- We have a fairly firm mattress, and I sleep with one wussy pillow- I need a new one bad.
2010 Evo X MR- Rally Red :http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3863366
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

papyrus wrote:
I've grown accustomed to my feet always hanging over the end of the bed. It's actually a weird feeling when they don't. :wink:

Actually, I get too warm sometimes when my feet are covered. It's nice to have them outside of the sheets to help cool me down. :)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar