Nobody wants to race me....

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
tehfade
Senior Standardshifter

Nobody wants to race me....

Post by tehfade »

But everyone acts like a flaming toolbag around my car. I get ricers who rev on me then turn off, I get people at gas stations who talk quit about their POS ricemobile, I get morons who try to cut me off, people who scream at me to slow down because my car is loud, and every time I find a cool car on the road, they just don't want to go. Not to mention the people who tailgate me for miles for no conceivable reason. Once, I even had a Prius start weaving to try to keep me from passing him as he was doing 35 in a 50. Fart-sniffing eco-fag.

Anyone else get this crap? I'm putting it down to the awesomeness of the Goat giving everyone else around me small-man syndrome. :twisted:
I drive a Phantom Black 2005 GTO M6. I commute in a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

i get a lot of d-baggery from drivers too. probably more than you b/c of the wing. when people don't know what a GTO is they probably figure it's just some normal coupe. when people don't know what an STi is they figure it's a riced out Civic. :roll:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

The thing is that most people probably only know about the classic Goats, or at least prefer them over the new. Small-man syndrome happens too often. Thats why I take pride in flying past Lambos and Lotuses etc every time I see one driving slow. Overcompensating morons.

Nobody knows about the STI, but those who do worship it or fear it. I had the same problem with my RS. People were douches around me, especially ricers (until I would blast away from them). Gold rims and a wing from a 747 are no way to be stealth.
lordhamster
Junior Standardshifter

Post by lordhamster »

I like the understated looks of the GTO.

The Darned STI is such a great car, and they had to go and ruin it by factory ricing it. I would have bought one were it not for the damned wing.
Infiniti G35 6 speed coupe
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

No problems in the Mazda3, but in the Camaro folks would try to take me on. Not sure what the fuss was all about.

When test driving a Prelude for my brother two weeks ago, we were raced three times in the course of 2 miles. Grant it, the thing had a loud exhaust, gutted cat, and I had to keep revving it to keep it from stalling.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

lordhamster wrote:The Darned STI is such a great car, and they had to go and ruin it by factory ricing it. I would have bought one were it not for the damned wing.
you could always swap trunk lids for a wingless or WRX spoiler, or buy a wingless trunk and swap them back and forth when you want. the wing is at least functional, producing lots of rear downforce at highway speeds and above.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
lordhamster
Junior Standardshifter

Post by lordhamster »

jomotopia wrote:
lordhamster wrote:The Darned STI is such a great car, and they had to go and ruin it by factory ricing it. I would have bought one were it not for the damned wing.
you could always swap trunk lids for a wingless or WRX spoiler, or buy a wingless trunk and swap them back and forth when you want. the wing is at least functional, producing lots of rear downforce at highway speeds and above.
The problem is, my wife wasn't going to let me get away with spending 30K+ on a car, that I then had to modify immediately...

Unfortunately, I needed to appease her with a nice interior for the car, a nice look and good performance. I really like the looks of the new Evo coming out, that looks like a good combination of looks/performance.
Infiniti G35 6 speed coupe
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Evos are the DUFFs of the rally world. Im not really a fan of the STI wing, but it is functional, and it sure as hell is a status symbol.
tehfade
Senior Standardshifter

Post by tehfade »

I like understated cars; that was one reason I got the GTO. Actually, I did consider an STI, but I drove a GTO first, and I fell for it, so the rest is history.

If I were going to get an STI though, it'd be the STI Limited....it trades the wing and rims for better heated leather seats and a sunroof (I think). Much better, IMO.
I drive a Phantom Black 2005 GTO M6. I commute in a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.
Solotw
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Solotw »

Speaking of GTO's I saw one today, it was red... I smiled as I drove by.

:lol:

Never seen one before in person.

Don't dump on me too much for asking this but why are GTO's called Goats?
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I love STi's. I'm gonna buy a Z, and then an 04 STi. By thte time I get around to it, they should be decently priced, and hopefully I could have a Z and an STi.

and then I'm gonna continue collecting Z's.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

eaglecatcher wrote:I love STi's. I'm gonna buy a Z, and then an 04 STi. By thte time I get around to it, they should be decently priced, and hopefully I could have a Z and an STi.

Call in the scientists! I think eagle has learned how to sh*t cash! (j/k)

I can understand wanting a Z, but... Collecting them?

You'd better keep your insurance records squeaky clean, or your car insurance will be in the $*that's a fcking lot of money* per year range if you get a bunch of cars...

To tehfade:

Anybody who doesn't know what the GTO is will down it... Until those 400 ponies leave them choking on the dust... The GTO would chew up and spit out pretty much any Honda, so ricers have no right to talk.

(I've been in a goat. They kick ass.)

If all goes well, I'll have an '04 or an '05 someday. I'd also love to pick up and restore a '74. The older ones are teh sex. However, if you start revving at some moron at a stoplight in a '74 GTO, he's gonna know that he's pretty much screwed if he can't match the pony factor. With the new GTOs... I've heard stories of "Dude, it looks like a Cavalier. Let's race it!" followed by "What the? f**k... What is that thing?!"

That's one of the best thing about the new goats. Stealth. However, more and more people are starting to get to know them, so the stealth factor is beginning to wear off. Ricers still don't know shit about them though.

Also, anybody who complains about the GTO being loud can go f**k themselves with a rusty spork. I LOVE the sound of that engine. Even at 1,200 Rs, it sounds like the demon seed of natural born sleepers.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

comingbackdown wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:I love STi's. I'm gonna buy a Z, and then an 04 STi. By thte time I get around to it, they should be decently priced, and hopefully I could have a Z and an STi.

Call in the scientists! I think eagle has learned how to sh*t cash! (j/k)

I can understand wanting a Z, but... Collecting them?

You'd better keep your insurance records squeaky clean, or your car insurance will be in the $*that's a fcking lot of money* per year range if you get a bunch of cars...
collecting them? why not?

theres a guy on 3ZC.com who has a garage, and has like 7 or 8 Z's that he's fixing up. Its crazy.

I wont be able to collect them until I get out of college and get a real job, and a house, and by that time, I'll be like 30 years old, because school and med school is gonna take so much time.

I'd rather have a collection of Z's than a ferrari though.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
tehfade
Senior Standardshifter

Post by tehfade »

Solotw: It's supposedly either that someone read GTO as GOT and pronounced it as "Goat"-----or it's an acronym for Greatest Of All Time. I tend to go with that. 8)

Comingbackdown: Thanks! I once overheard the neighbor's girls talking about how loud my car is... "That car is so loud!", "It's the GTO---EVIL CAR!". :twisted: :lol:
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

stupid ricers think thats a grand prix your driving.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT