SS.com Big Meet/Trip! Please sign up here! Updated pg1. 7/10

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

SS.com Big Meet/Trip! Please sign up here! Updated pg1. 7/10

Post by AHTOXA »

Update: 7/10

Chris was talking about making a list of who's bringin what, and I decided to make a list of things all people (or groups coming together) should have. I highly encourage you to bring most or all of the following items. If you don't have the means of brining some of the following, of course others will share if needed. Also, if you don't have something, like an air mattress or whatever, then post here and see if anyone can bring one for ya.

Thins all should bring, excluding obvious stuff like clothes and personal care items:

-tent
-sleeping bag
-air matress
-flashlight
-coolers for your food and drinks
-air pumps for the air matresses
-matches/lighters
-bug spray/sun block
-cooking pots
-cooking utensils
-your own food and drink (we'll share once there!)
-charcoal if you're bringing a grill

In other words - BYOE (bring your own everything)

Suggested items:

-grill. let me know if you're bringing one, because it seems like me and watkins will have our grills. I will have my trusty Webber for sure.
-toilet paper/napkins
-gallon of distilled water. always good in case your car overheats or something and you're out of coolant
-towels/beachwear (no we're not skinny dipping)
-lanterns/gas lights
-small power inverter if you have one.
-photo/video camera to document the madness
-bail money in case we get arrested :lol: (kidding)

Extra Items:

I just spoke to Watkins and we should have extra items between two of us to bring in case anyone needs something. I have an extra sleeping bag and an extra air matress if anyone needs one. THey are more than welcome to use it, just don't fart in it too much. I think watkins mentioned an air matress or two as well.

I'm willing to share my tent if need be. If you are tight on cash and buying a tent means not able to attend the meet - that's fine. As said, we'll share.

Long drive vehicle suggestions

Since most are driving for around 9-10 hours to get there, make sure to have the following in your car so you don't get stranded:
-spare tire. inflated and checked.
-coolant and distilled water
-engine oil
-tranny fluid
-brake fluid
-power steering fluid
-empty plastic gas can, just in case
-check tire pressure before you leave
-top off all fluid
-check under car for leak or other abnormalities
-cell phone car charger

Please read everything below carefuly. If you still have questions please PM, call, or email me or Watkins.

2008 Standardshift International Meet

What: SS is going on a trip! We are having a meet for everyone to attend. New members are also very welcome. This is going to be a fun filled event and is not to be missed!

When: The official dates are August 8-10 of 2008. I (AHTOXA) will be arriving there on Tuesday before the weekend. Others may arrive early as well. Since this may be a long drive for most, people are encouraged to arrive early to camp an extra day or two in addition to the weekend.

How: We will be camping for most of the time. There were people interested in taking a scenic/ aggressive drive through the mountains on Saturday as well. The smaller details such as other activities are still being worked out based on what others like and will be set and added to this itinerary as the time gets closer to the date.

Where: We are camping in West Virginia. The campground is called Five River Campground and is located in the town of Parsons, WV. For details on the grounds please visit: http://www.fiverivercampground.com/

August 5th, 2008. Tuesday.

I arrive to the campground late afternoon or early evening. I will scout the area on Wednesday with my GPS for activities in the vicinity. Offices at campgrounds usually have flyers regarding local activities. I will check it out.

Wed 6th – Friday 8th.

People are expected to arrive to the campgrounds. Activities will depend on who arrives and when. We’re mainly winging it at this time.

Friday the 8th.

Evening (time undetermined) SS cookout! We eat, we drink, and we party. It’s going to be nice to put some real faces to SS names. Bring your best dishes and show us some good food! Everyone brings their own food for the time of stay, however everyone is encouraged to share. This way we have plenty of food for everyone to go around. Bring whatever you like.

Saturday the 9th.

We go out and explore some local stuff. There will be activities, quite possibly some mountain driving and scenic stuff. I’m more than positive we can find a boat load of things to do. If you want to stay at the campsite due to a massive hangover, this is fine as well.

Saturday night we are having another SS party, to wrap up the meet.

Sunday the 10th.

Morning breakfast is in order.

After that it’s pretty much a free for all. Some may be checking out and leaving as Monday is a work day. I expect most people to pack up and leave Sunday. If a few people want to stay longer – I’m open to suggestion. Otherwise we are packing up and heading for home, hoping the hangover goes away.

NOTES:
Alcohol is allowed at the campsite and we can be away from the other campers. The site seems to be quite big. However, everyone will be encouraged to behave with respect to others in the area. We don’t want to be running around screaming when people are sleeping. We who attend do represent all of SS and we do not want to be banned from any campgrounds, towns, or states. Walmart is an exception.

Other odds and ends:
-If you're of the musical persuasion, by all means bring your instruments.
-Fun stuff- Bring some. Pack of cards, Uno deck, whatever. If you have it and you think it will be fun to have, pack it.
-Supplies- At this point please plan to bring your own bedding, chairs, and cookware. If you have anything useful for other people (tents, additional chairs, etc.) please make a note of it in your post.

Contacts:
I will be adding myself as one of the main contacts since I will likely arrive there before everyone else. All are welcome to call when they arrive if you can’t find me at the site or don’t know where to look. You’re welcome to call with ideas, suggestions, propositions of if you’re running late.

I (Watkins) will also add myself to the contact list. Between the two of us you should always have someone to get a hold of to answer any questions you may have.

Anthony Zanegin (AHTOXA) cell: 773-490-2000
Chris Watkins (watkins) cell: 978-809-8418 Also feel free to IM or email me. Both are listed.

Signup list:

This shall remain as the first post. Please PM me (AHTOXA) your dates of arrival and how many people you will be bringing with you. I will add you to the list of guests. This is important for final reservations stage. Also post or PM any relevant information regarding equipment you will bring. Please sign up as soon as possible so that we can make sure to reserve the best place at the site.

People attending:

Anthony Z. (AHTOXA) + 1 Guest. August 5th – 10th.
Chris W. (watkins) + 1 Guest. August 6th/7th -10th
Aaron B. (comingbackdown). August 7th-10th (arrival date tentative)
Kelly V. (wannabe). August 7th -10th (arrival date tentative)
Jared G. (NjSi) + 1 Guest August 6th/7th - 10th (departure date tentative)
Rob H. (potpwnrob) + possible guest August 5th - 9th
Last edited by AHTOXA on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Re: IT IS OFFICIAL. SS.com is going on a trip!!! Sign up here!

Post by wannabe »

Aaron and I will be there (that's 2 people)
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
pmacutay
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 VW Golf

Post by pmacutay »

It's on my birthday weekend, and it's in West Virginia.
A bit of a drive from over here in Cali. Totally wish I could go, sounds like it's gonna be hella fun. Can't wait to see the aftermath.

Someone (most likely Tony) drink something for me while you're all there, haha. :]

And I still think Roman should go do a 5spd swap on some unsuspecting slushie driver while they're camping there...
95 VR6 Golf Sport
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

Total Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 49 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 379.29 miles

Sorry, thats a wee bit too far for me. Maybe next time though. Sorry guys.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Those of you that remember me, hi. Those of you that don't... I've missed quite a bit. Lots of new members here, I see. Hi to all of you, too.

I'm coming out of retirement for this meet. It'll be one hell of a drive, but I'll do it with my girlfriend.

My god, it's been a while.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

NjSi wrote:Total Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 49 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 379.29 miles

What? Thats weak.
I go 7-8 hours for school, and 12 hours to the meeting.
Pack your bags, maggot! Youre comin with us!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

yay! another girl! w00t.
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

I wish I could be there, but that's about a 1200 mile drive for me. :( I expect lots of pictures/video!
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

it's over a 9 hour drive for me, not sure if i will be able to make it or not. when do you need the total list by for reservations?

screenname! welcome back! :D
screenname wrote:I'll do it with my girlfriend.
hehehe, that's what she said! :mrgreen:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

jomotopia wrote:it's over a 9 hour drive for me, not sure if i will be able to make it or not. when do you need the total list by for reservations?
Yes you will.
We dont really need totals yet, but it would be nice to keep the campground informed
jomotopia wrote:screenname! welcome back! :D
Lesbians... HAWT!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

jomotopia wrote:it's over a 9 hour drive for me, not sure if i will be able to make it or not. when do you need the total list by for reservations?

screenname! welcome back! :D
We would like to make reservations within the next 3-4 weeks. Maybe even earlier.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

watkins wrote:
Yes you will.
We dont really need totals yet, but it would be nice to keep the campground informed
jomotopia wrote:screenname! welcome back! :D
Lesbians... HAWT!
I'm being welcomed back, I see.

I'm male, thanks. No lesbians here.
Should have phrased that better. Correction: I'll drive to the meet with my girlfriend.
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

watkins wrote:
NjSi wrote:Total Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 49 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 379.29 miles

What? Thats weak.
I go 7-8 hours for school, and 12 hours to the meeting.
Pack your bags, maggot! Youre comin with us!

that is a bit after my birthday so ill have some extra cash for gas...and i do drive just as far sometimes....what the hell, put me down!
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Re: SS.com Big Meet/Trip! Please sign up here!

Post by watkins »

Score one for the home team!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Re: SS.com Big Meet/Trip! Please sign up here!

Post by AHTOXA »

People, if you would like to sign up for this, please read directions in the first post and PM me with all the info. If you just post a reply here stating that you want to go, you will NOT be included until I receive a PM.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650