Ferrari 3000GT (lol)

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Mits Evo MR

Ferrari 3000GT (lol)

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

On my way home today, I saw a guy in a Red Mitsubishi 3000GT...which, for those who don't know, has the same engine my Eclipse does (90% of it) except for the VR4 version which is twin turbocharged and puts out 320hp. The strange thing about this car was that it had a prancing horse badge on the back of it, and yellow Ferrari Decals all over it. To the uneducated person this could very well be taken for a Ferrari. The sides do look like a subdued version of a Testarossa and the body style is very exotic car looking for its time. I thought that it was some older lady who got dupped into buying what she was told was a Ferrari...she would have gotten an AWESOME deal if you could really buy a Ferrari for what you can get a 3000GT for. Turns out, I was just driving next to some older (mid 30's) guy who was trying to mod his car in a very unique...way. I saw a Pirelli sticker by his wheel wells, he had racing harnesses on, and I saw a set of gauges on it. Why anyone who had a VR4 (if that's what it was) would not be proud of what they had and pull what this guy did is very...special.
2010 Evo X MR- Rally Red :http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3863366
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

3000GTs are sex

dodge stealth is a ugly piece of garbage. spoiler goes on the back of the trunk, not on the front. and the tailights are ugly as hell on stealth.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

hockeystyx16 wrote:3000GTs are sex

dodge stealth is a ugly piece of garbage. spoiler goes on the back of the trunk, not on the front. and the tailights are ugly as hell on stealth.
thats exactly what I think. Everyone says the stealth looks better than the 3000GT, but they are way wrong. I wanted to get a 3000GT, but my dad said mitsubishes weren't very reliable. Go figure, then he buys me a mustang. lol

why the hell would you put ferrari badges on a 3kGT?
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Oldladykiller
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Oldladykiller »

too bad its front wheel drive.
El Beefo
Senior Standardshifter

Post by El Beefo »

^^^ No it's not, it's real wheel drive. Unless it was the VR4, which is AWD.

I'd also like to add that non-VR4 ones are too heavy to be fast. I would love a VR4, but the normal ones not so much.
My motor goes round and round, not up and down.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

:?

the VR4 has been a fav of mine since way back =] theres one selling for ~30k practically brand new near by, only 20k miles on it lol. i believe it is a 95.
FREE ROMAN!
CaliforniaZX
Senior Standardshifter

Post by CaliforniaZX »

El Beefo wrote:^^^ No it's not, it's real wheel drive. Unless it was the VR4, which is AWD.

I'd also like to add that non-VR4 ones are too heavy to be fast. I would love a VR4, but the normal ones not so much.
Wrong. FWD. FW-biased AWD.

Funny how someone ressurected my old Z thread. Im still here, Eaglecatcher. Do you have a Z now yourself?
Long Live.

eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

woah, he returns!

I wish. My parents wouldn't let me get one, so I'm stuck with a mustang, but I"m working my tail off to save money to buy a Z in a few years.

I was under the impression 3000GT's were RWD?
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
El Beefo
Senior Standardshifter

Post by El Beefo »

Weird, after some research, I guess I was wrong, they are FWD.

Well that sucks, I used to not like the non VR4's just because they were too heavy for their power, but now I lost all respect for them. I felt the same way when I found out the eclipse was FWD. :cry:
My motor goes round and round, not up and down.
papercliprebel
Senior Standardshifter

Post by papercliprebel »

a friend of mine had a vr4. besides being an unreliable piece of garbage (the motor that lifts the tail broke almost instantaneously) it didn't "feel" as fast nor as nimble as a sports car should be. it drove heavy, it ate up tires like no tomorrow, and guzzled gas. good riddens to a fowl attempt. the evo however is a better executed sports car despite its econobox origins, and the gsx was more nimble.
i've never been a fan of mitsubishi's vr4 conversions. i drove an old gallant version which felt fast but was riddled with gaps and creaked like a haunted house.
Oldladykiller
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Oldladykiller »

yeah i actually considered getting a 3000gt til i found out about the FWD bullshit. they call those cars GTOs in japan.
CaliforniaZX
Senior Standardshifter

Post by CaliforniaZX »

Mitsubishi doesn't like rwd.

There are exceptions though.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/89575364ZGyVzJ
Forgotten classic
Long Live.

buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

CaliforniaZX wrote:Mitsubishi doesn't like rwd.

There are exceptions though.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/89575364ZGyVzJ
Forgotten classic
I loved the Starion. My friend had one in HS and I always admired it.

By the way, is it pronounced "STAR-e-ahn", "STAR-e-in", "stah-RHY-in" or something else? I never knew what the correct pronunciation was.
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
CaliforniaZX
Senior Standardshifter

Post by CaliforniaZX »

Its sad that they dont make affordable rwd coupes anymore. I can't believe the only company that makes an affordable rwd coupe is Ford.
Long Live.

Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Isn't the G35/350Z a RWD coupe?
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar