Another Day, Another Idiot Driver (Misc Thread for Stories)

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Another Day, Another Idiot Driver (Misc Thread for Stories)

Post by jomotopia »

well it seems almost a weekly occurrence that i get flicked off, honked at, tailgated, or otherwise abused on the road for no apparent reason. i figured we should have a thread like the Misc Thread for these idiot/a**hole driver stories for everyone to post in. keep it all in one place and share each other's misery/outrage/annoyance.

today's story to start it off: stupid bitch, on her cell phone of course, in a Scion xB with a cracked up body kit. 2 left turn lanes, i'm in the right she's in the left. after the turn i'm accelerating behind the car in front of me, and she tries to cut me off with no blinker. she realizes she can't make it (i would have had to slam on my brakes) and swerves back into the left lane. then she turns on her blinker and when i go by she flicks me off. wtf? it's my fault you tried to cut me off? if you had used your blinker in the first place i would have let you in (of course you could have just gotten behind me in the right-most left turn lane in the first place :roll:). but after you almost run into me i'm not gonna let you in. and then you flick me off. thumbs up! :roll:
Last edited by jomotopia on Wed May 02, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
scionkid
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 04 xB

Post by scionkid »

Oh, try a suicidal bitch.

I was in my big bus on the right lane and I have to merge to the left due to construction (there are only 2 lanes in my direction). I saw a big empty space for my large vehicle so I put on my signal and move over to the left. This lady in a red Cheeroke, who was about 1.5 bus length behind me, guns it and tried to get in front of me. Since I was running out of road, I just ignored it and moved over. She then slammed on her brakes and honked. I don't understand how she would ever get in front of me when she was so far behind.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

scionkid wrote:Oh, try a suicidal bitch.

I was in my big bus on the right lane and I have to merge to the left due to construction (there are only 2 lanes in my direction). I saw a big empty space for my large vehicle so I put on my signal and move over to the left. This lady in a red Cheeroke, who was about 1.5 bus length behind me, guns it and tried to get in front of me. Since I was running out of road, I just ignored it and moved over. She then slammed on her brakes and honked. I don't understand how she would ever get in front of me when she was so far behind.
She had a flux capacitor from KaleCoAuto installed, and was ALMOST to 88, but you cut her off. sucking fireman. :lol: :lol: ;)

I don't have really bad instances...just a lot of stupid minor crap that I probably take a little too seriously. But I think it's the little stuff that matters more, cuz it just slowly grates on you instead of the once in a while "OMG my heart just stopped" moments.
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Coupe31705
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Coupe31705 »

Here's mine for the day...i was driving(i got my license by the way...but that isnt for this thread)...and this guy didnt endanger me at all...but he was in the middle lane of a three lane road(each way) that goes thru a city...and the speed limit is 35(it should be 40)...and he's going about 25...and every1 is going around him...and so i pass him...and then all of a sudden he flies by at like 45...its like he finally looked down from his conversation and was like...o crap! i'm going slow!...and then sped up...but started talking again...and started going too fast...you know how conversations can do that to some people.
Wanna give me insurance $$$?
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

duuude, i drive 5 hours a day. ON BUFORD HWY. NOONE has insurance OR A LISCENCE, .
Last edited by JackBauer on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

cant think of any spectacularly bad observations off the top of my head, but every day on the way to school and back i drive in crowds of rich preps in their nice expencive cars (that their parents bought for they 16th bday ofcourse) who think they own the road.

shit like lane jumping, driving/passing in the center lane, cutting people off and missing their car by a foot, all that kind of stuff, i see it every day

im almost used to it by now. then some fast and the furious ricer in his automatic civic with a park bench on his trunk, el cheapo steel wheels and primer color walmart bodykit, people like that make me wish i had a loaded 12 gauge under my seat. or a box of eggs.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

JackBauer wrote:duuude, i drive 5 hours a day. ON BUFORD HWY. NOONE has insurance OR A LISCENCE, JEsus, i swear.
LOL

i feel ya
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

I'll get my ass flamed for this, but I'll post anyways.

I hate school buses. The other day I was driving pretty...fast in my '86 SE. I come up to this right turn, its a green light for us and I know that no one will be coming, so I go through almost as fast as I can, making the tires squeal. I get out of the corner and get into a steep uphill where I'm accelerating at WOT in 2nd gear. Just about the time I'm getting ready to hit 3rd, I crest the hill, and on the other side of the road is a school bus :oops: . Knowing that I gotta stop, I slam those brakes and lock up the front wheels (dry pavement, going uphill, who says my brakes suck? lol...). I instinctively released them and reapplied hard to keep them from locking, but not before I had a nice cloud of blue tire smoke around my car. Luckily no kids were crossing the street to my side, but the ones across the street were yelling "tear it up!!!" trying to get me to burn some more rubber :lol:
StrangeWill
Master Standardshifter

Post by StrangeWill »

As soon as she flicked you off you should have paced her.
scion_xA
Senior Standardshifter

Post by scion_xA »

I saw this guy in a ford taurus put his car in neutral on an incline and let it run into some ladies in another car on purpose. He tried to do it again, but it was flat. I was on my way to borders and so was he. When I saw him he gave me the creeps.
2006 Scion xA
Mods: TRD Short Shifter
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

scion_xA wrote:I saw this guy in a ford taurus put his car in neutral on an incline and let it run into some ladies in another car on purpose. He tried to do it again, but it was flat. I was on my way to borders and so was he. When I saw him he gave me the creeps.
That's kinda freaky.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

reminds me of desperate housewives. heck, if I could run into eva longorias car, and write her a check for that much, and then get married to her, why not?

haha.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

I was leaving the house to go to work this morning, and I end up waiting for three cars to pass by. I don't remember the first one, but there was a moderate gap between him and the SUV behind him. Most SUVs are driven by a-holes, so I wait for him, and the 300C behind, then pull out. We all go around a windy S-curve, and come out to a straight away. It's only 30 MPH, but everyone speeds down that road. So this 300C is just plastered on the SUVs bumper, then decides he wants to pass in a non-passing zone. I shake my head, and say what I usually say: "Man, where's a cop when you need one."

The SUV starts gaining speed, and begins tailgating the 300C, and my eyes go wide. I'm about to witness a murder. Sweet!! :lol: Anyway, they both pull off the road, and I slow way down...and as I pass the SUV, I noticed the flashing blue lights in the grille. The SUV was actually an unmarked police vehicle.

:lol: :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

^^ haha nice.

one time quite a while back i was on the interstate and this burgundy Impala cut me off. i laid on my horn, and whipped around close to his bumper at full throttle (this was in the corolla though). when i got past him he lit up the blue lights briefly and then turned them back off. i guess he was saying "sorry i cut you off but watch it b/c i'm a cop!" :lol:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Prodigal Son
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Jetta, 2004 Miata

Post by Prodigal Son »

Tinton wrote:I'll get my ass flamed for this, but I'll post anyways.

I hate school buses.
Well, since you are expecting it, here it is. Your story has nothing to do with school buses and everything to do with driving beyond the limit of your vision. You should never drive so fast that you cannot comfortably stop within the limit of what you can see. Does that mean slowing down for blind crests, even perhaps below the posted limit? Yes it does. Annoying, but it can save your life.

A school bas is pretty tall and has flashing lights on it. If you couldn't see it over the crest of the hill, there could easily have been stopped cars or people crossing the street much closer to you than the school bus. If it took the limit of your braking to not hit the bus, you would have had no chance not to hit something nearer.

If you drive beyond the limits of your vision, you are eventually going to hit something. This is really part of road craft 101. You must be able to stop within your sight distance.
Just some guy on the Internet. Heed with care.