When was the last time you drove Auto?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!

How long since you drove an automatic?

I drive one all the time
25%
A few days
24%
A few weeks
24%
A few months
18%
A few years
5%
I never drove one
4%

Total votes: 55

MustangGT
Senior Standardshifter

When was the last time you drove Auto?

Post by MustangGT »

I haven't driven an Auto in 3 months, since I got rid of my old car. I remember when I had both at the same time, even though I was driving stick for only a few days, it felt weird as hell getting back into my Automatic - my left foot kept trying to clutch in - and it felt the same as if when you're thinking there's one more step at the top of a stairway and instead there's just air.
It'd probably feel 10 times stranger now...
V8 Mustang - the stereo's under the hood...
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

drove my fiancee's auto about a week ago. it was the first time i'd driven an auto in several months and it was definitely weird at first.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

I drive one about every other day or so. My g/f's car is a bit older than mine, so we basically consider it our beater car, and use it for all of the around-town stuff (shopping; seeing local friends; etc).
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Sadly, mom and dad don't have a stick, although dad will tolerate mine. he used to have an old 3spd column shift... He said "Those were great, until the shift linkage wore. Then they sucked."
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Drove a loaner when my car was in the shop to be fixed. And it was weird...I never realized how trained my body was to shift until I tried to clutch in on an auto Corolla. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Nychold wrote:Drove a loaner when my car was in the shop to be fixed. And it was weird...I never realized how trained my body was to shift until I tried to clutch in on an auto Corolla. :lol:
:lol:
I know what I'd do then.
"Holy quit, there's air down there? Where my clutch?"
I wish I could be freaked out driving an auto...
Wow, I'm so anti-slushie...
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

i drive one six days a week. The Ford Ranger at work has an automatic transmission.
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

I'm still wait'n on tires are camber links for the tC, so i've been driving an auto camry for a few days now...man...trying to clutch on an auto isn't good :)
ucfchickity
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Honda Fit Sport

Post by ucfchickity »

I usually only drive auto when my roomie ends up having a little too much to drink. I don't usually drink when I go out, so I almost always end up being the DD, and she drives an auto. It's bizarre; I never realize how used to shifting I am until I put her car in D and that's the end of it. Or I go for the clutch and nothing's there. :-D
Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal.
chrono
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Peugeot 306 XSi 2.0 8v

Post by chrono »

Unfortunately I don't have a manual car right now, but that's gonna change in less than 9 months :)
For now, I'm getting to drive a manual once in a while, other than that only my automatic Ford Focus.
'96 Peugeot 306 XSi 2.0L 8v
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

ucfchickity wrote:I usually only drive auto when my roomie ends up having a little too much to drink. I don't usually drink when I go out, so I almost always end up being the DD, and she drives an auto. It's bizarre; I never realize how used to shifting I am until I put her car in D and that's the end of it. Or I go for the clutch and nothing's there. :-D
It even more bizarre when you go for the clutch and the brake pedal is there. :? I did that once a few years ago...wow...hehe...abs definitely works.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

zender05 wrote:
ucfchickity wrote:I usually only drive auto when my roomie ends up having a little too much to drink. I don't usually drink when I go out, so I almost always end up being the DD, and she drives an auto. It's bizarre; I never realize how used to shifting I am until I put her car in D and that's the end of it. Or I go for the clutch and nothing's there. :-D
It even more bizarre when you go for the clutch and the brake pedal is there. :? I did that once a few years ago...wow...hehe...abs definitely works.
I did that in my tC by accident too. :oops: :lol:
chrono
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Peugeot 306 XSi 2.0 8v

Post by chrono »

Nychold wrote:
zender05 wrote:
I did that in my tC by accident too. :oops: :lol:
My friend who lives 5 minutes away was once late by about 10 minutes (after he told me he's on his way already). Turned out it took him some time to figure out why were the brakes much stronger than he was used to :)
'96 Peugeot 306 XSi 2.0L 8v
MustangGT
Senior Standardshifter

Post by MustangGT »

It also feels weird when you're breaking to a complete stop, and the car doesn't stall on you...
V8 Mustang - the stereo's under the hood...
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

MustangGT wrote:It also feels weird when you're breaking to a complete stop, and the car doesn't stall on you...
Actually, it's interesting you brought that up. When I was stopping my loaner Corolla, it felt like the car was about to stall. And being the stick driver I am, I'd mash my "clutch" to the floor, just out of habit. Anyone else notice this? :lol: