300ZX, or Bike? Now its a poll!

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!

Bike or Z

Bike
37%
Z
63%

Total votes: 35

eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

300ZX, or Bike? Now its a poll!

Post by eaglecatcher »

Ok, I think everyone on here knows I'm nuts about 300ZX's. Anyways, I'm in the process of saving money to buy a new car when I go to college, and I've wanted a bike for a while, but I don't think I could afford buying a new car, and a bike.

I could stic with my mustng, and buy a bike, or I could sell the mustang, and buy a really nice Z.

What do you guys think? Mind you, this is in about 2-3 years, so it could be a while, but I want to start thinking now.
Last edited by eaglecatcher on Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nervous
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nervous »

IMO, go for the bike. I mean, you can't exactly bring the bike with you everywhere like your car, but you already can drive Auto and Manual, why not go for the bike? I mean, there's nothing like the rush of a bike in the open air!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

thats what i'm thinking. I'll take 50+ mpg over 16mpg too. I'm still not sure though. maybe, I'll save up enough money, and sell the mustang, and buy a bike and the Z, but I doubt that will happen.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Nervous wrote:IMO, go for the bike. I mean, you can't exactly bring the bike with you everywhere like your car, but you already can drive Auto and Manual, why not go for the bike? I mean, there's nothing like the rush of a bike in the open air!

yes there is. hearing the turbos spooling at 7000RPM with the top down on a warm summer night, flying through tehe twisties. :twisted:
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

YOUR TURBOS ARE STILL SPOOLING AT 7K RPM!

lol, jk

If my finances allow, i'll definitely buy both, I'm just not sure which one I would buy if I could only have one.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

eagle, if it matters any...my vote would definitley be for the 300zx (read: teh sex).
FREE ROMAN!
CaliforniaZX
Senior Standardshifter

Post by CaliforniaZX »

I would go for the Z... Theres somthing about going at 80mph with nothing to protect you except a leather jacket and a helmet.

Sorry My bud died this way.
Long Live.

marcman1987
Senior Standardshifter

Post by marcman1987 »

The insurance will rape you on either!
We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!... Think Globally, Act Locally!
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Then again... with this age group, the insurance will rape you for ANYTHING.
Gish
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Gish »

Ok, let's put it this way. For guys in your age bracket riding between 2-4 am, the chances of them dying are 45,000 times more likely than normal, everyday car driving. While a motorcycle may seem cool now, trust me, a car is a MUCH better decision!

What will you do in the rain when you have a bike?
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

Personally id go with the Z, i used to have a Kawasaki Vulcan 800, and living where everybody is in such a rush to get everywhere on crowded s treet, i damn near killed myself on that thing,

+ the Z is a damn nice car
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

marcman1987 wrote:The insurance will rape you on either!
Actually, I looked and if I was crazy enough to only get liability, it wouldnt' be all that expensive, but liability isn't what you need on motorcycle insurance, injury protection is what you need, and thats what's the most expensive.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

Mustang GT40 wrote:Ok, let's put it this way. For guys in your age bracket riding between 2-4 am, the chances of them dying are 45,000 times more likely than normal, everyday car driving. While a motorcycle may seem cool now, trust me, a car is a MUCH better decision!

What will you do in the rain when you have a bike?
Thats why i would keep my mustang if I got a bike, to ride if it was raining, or at times when bikes aren't exactly feasible.

It also wouldn't be my main mode of transportation. I would ride it on the weekends for just rides, or on short trips and stuff when I don't need to carry anything. I could ride it to classes too so I could just carry my back pack.

My friends dad has a Honda CBR1000, and he has never even fallen off or scratched it. he always wears full gear, and I don't think he's ever even thought about doing a wheelie. He really only rides it on the weekends, so its got barely any miles on it also. He is probably the most conservative person I've ever met though. he gets his excitement out of his porsche boxster S.

Thats how I see myself, but thats what everyone says.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

I vote nether :P

I'd rather get a R32 for teh price of a Z32
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

i'm not crazy about the R32. I'm in love with Fairlady Z's though. Such a cool name.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs