Jeep Make Rousey Housepet

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Jeep Make Rousey Housepet

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Back when Michigan had yearly smog Czechs for motorous vehicles, and the vehicle registration expired on one's birthday, I made it a point to install new spark plugs, air filter, wiper blades, oil and oil filter change, air-up the tires, make a 10 mile run up the highway and back and then drive directly to a gas station garage that performed the emissions checks and "Blow a Bunch of Zeroes".

A warm catalyst is a hard-working catalyst.

Old Pharts cars would often fail the emissions exam, even newer cars with catalytic converters, because the Old Pharts would start up the vehicle, drive it 1/2 mile to the nearest emissions tester, shut it off until the guy was ready to run the test, and on a cold engine and catalytic converter they would blow big numbers.

Oh, and speaking of the 80/20 rule, where 20 % of the vehicles make 80 % of the pollution, if one were on welfare, they didn't have to get their "Feces Orifice" car emissions tested. For the rest of us, if it failed the test, you had to get an "Emissions tune-up" for a set fee and if it still didn't pass then you were allowed to reregister anyway.

In owl my ears of driving, Michigan never had yearly vehicle safety inspections. Once in a great while, there would be a pull-over for a random safety check. I remember that folks would be required to apply their parking brakes, which nobody in the flat state ever did on a normal basis, to show that they worked. They were referred to as "Emergency Brakes" back then. Thing is, in many cases, the brake cables would bind from corrosion and not release. Then these people were stuck in the safety inspection lane until someone could come fix or tow away their car.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Speaking of repayers, Petey is a quiet-driving car again. The last item I replaced was the Watts Link and it's lateral arms on the rear suspension and now it's like new again....except for rim-leaks that can't be found or whatever else is triggering the tire pressure monitor every two weeks or so. Durn Lumina Wheels!

I'll be putting some tars and shox on muh Jeep and it will be in prime condition again. Still liking how the accelerator pedal feels after the muffler change.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Back when Michigan had yearly smog Czechs for motorous vehicles, and the vehicle registration expired on one's birthday, I made it a point to install new spark plugs, air filter, wiper blades, oil and oil filter change, air-up the tires, make a 10 mile run up the highway and back and then drive directly to a gas station garage that performed the emissions checks and "Blow a Bunch of Zeroes".

A warm catalyst is a hard-working catalyst.

Old Pharts cars would often fail the emissions exam, even newer cars with catalytic converters, because the Old Pharts would start up the vehicle, drive it 1/2 mile to the nearest emissions tester, shut it off until the guy was ready to run the test, and on a cold engine and catalytic converter they would blow big numbers.

Oh, and speaking of the 80/20 rule, where 20 % of the vehicles make 80 % of the pollution, if one were on welfare, they didn't have to get their "Feces Orifice" car emissions tested. For the rest of us, if it failed the test, you had to get an "Emissions tune-up" for a set fee and if it still didn't pass then you were allowed to reregister anyway.

In owl my ears of driving, Michigan never had yearly vehicle safety inspections. Once in a great while, there would be a pull-over for a random safety check. I remember that folks would be required to apply their parking brakes, which nobody in the flat state ever did on a normal basis, to show that they worked. They were referred to as "Emergency Brakes" back then. Thing is, in many cases, the brake cables would bind from corrosion and not release. Then these people were stuck in the safety inspection lane until someone could come fix or tow away their car.
EWER SPOSE TOO SET EWER EMERGIN’ SEA BREAKS AT LEAST WONS UH DAY!! DIDNT EWE GET DA MEMO?!?!

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.