Introvert or Extrovert

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
cwat89
Junior Standardshifter

Introvert or Extrovert

Post by cwat89 »

Which one are you? I'm 100% an introvert. My job consists of route sales and delivery. So I constantly have to deal with people and their problems all day and it is utterly EXHAUSTING to me! I can't wait to get in my car ALONE and lock the doors and get lost in thought and shifting gears and getting the heck home. Lol.
1988 Chevy S10 M5
I will never get rid of this truck!

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 A4
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Introvert or Extrovert

Post by tankinbeans »

I'm very much the "get the smell away from me with your social interaction" type. I dislike crowds, bars, malls or anything else involving a forced smile and pants.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I'm pretty much an introvert, but I can play an extrovert when needed or when consuming personality lubricant. I have a small core group of friends that's been pretty much unchanged for about 14 years, and that's good by me.
cwat89
Junior Standardshifter

Post by cwat89 »

tankinbeans wrote:I'm very much the "get the smell away from me with your social interaction" type. I dislike crowds, bars, malls or anything else involving a forced smile and pants.
Yes! I'ts gotten to where you can't go anywhere without there being a huge crowd and inevitably having to talk to someone.
1988 Chevy S10 M5

cwat89
Junior Standardshifter

Post by cwat89 »

watkins wrote:I'm pretty much an introvert, but I can play an extrovert when needed or when consuming personality lubricant. I have a small core group of friends that's been pretty much unchanged for about 14 years, and that's good by me.
That's me too. It's draining having to play an extrovert all day and put on a happy face about it. The only good thing that he come out of dealing with people is I've learned to BS my way out of situations a little better. :lol:
1988 Chevy S10 M5

watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

One of the many reasons Im in the automotive repair field is that it doesnt involve much in the way of interaction with the general public. After years of retail I found myself completely unable to handle that shit any more.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I love the yogi Berra quote "it's so crowded that nobody goes there anymore"
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote:One of the many reasons Im in the automotive repair field is that it doesnt involve much in the way of interaction with the general public. After years of retail I found myself completely unable to handle that shit any more.
yeah, and they get worse by the year. :lol: :evil:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

cwat89 wrote:
watkins wrote:I'm pretty much an introvert, but I can play an extrovert when needed or when consuming personality lubricant. I have a small core group of friends that's been pretty much unchanged for about 14 years, and that's good by me.
That's me too. It's draining having to play an extrovert all day and put on a happy face about it. The only good thing that he come out of dealing with people is I've learned to BS my way out of situations a little better. :lol:
about sums it up. there are exceptions where i actually care about what someone's saying (like, say, if it's a hot woman), but i generally have to make believe i care. i do care (in general) about helping people with their purchasing concerns and needs, but i don't (generally) want to get into their personal problems, especially if they're self-inflicted problems. :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
bobklobb
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 1999 Saturn SC2

Post by bobklobb »

Introvert, this picture sums my life up fairly well. I'd rather socialize online simply because if you don't like somebody you usually have an ignore button and presto, you never have to see them again.

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Socializing online is so much more than just having an ignore button. You choose when to engage and for how long, and then you come back later when you're ready again (but it's less exhausting so it's easier to do for longer). It's not real-time (except sometimes chat) so you get to think about what you're saying, put it all together, review it, and even go back later to edit it. There's a record to review the conversation. You get to quote specific items and respond to them individually, and include photos/links/researched material, etc. It's expected that many people will miss subtle cues and all manner of references, and if you get judged at all for it then the judgement is far more mild. All in all, it's far easier, more enjoyable, more productive, and more satisfying for an analytical awkward introvert.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
cwat89
Junior Standardshifter

Post by cwat89 »

theholycow wrote:Socializing online is so much more than just having an ignore button. You choose when to engage and for how long, and then you come back later when you're ready again (but it's less exhausting so it's easier to do for longer). It's not real-time (except sometimes chat) so you get to think about what you're saying, put it all together, review it, and even go back later to edit it. There's a record to review the conversation. You get to quote specific items and respond to them individually, and include photos/links/researched material, etc. It's expected that many people will miss subtle cues and all manner of references, and if you get judged at all for it then the judgement is far more mild. All in all, it's far easier, more enjoyable, more productive, and more satisfying for an analytical awkward introvert.

Precisely! This can also apply to email or texting. Just like I would rather email a company with a question about a product rather than call to ask about the product. Because then I can think about all the detailed questions I have versus worrying about talking to the person and forgetting half of the questions I had. I have had that happen far too often.
1988 Chevy S10 M5

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

cwat89 wrote:
theholycow wrote:Socializing online is so much more than just having an ignore button. You choose when to engage and for how long, and then you come back later when you're ready again (but it's less exhausting so it's easier to do for longer). It's not real-time (except sometimes chat) so you get to think about what you're saying, put it all together, review it, and even go back later to edit it. There's a record to review the conversation. You get to quote specific items and respond to them individually, and include photos/links/researched material, etc. It's expected that many people will miss subtle cues and all manner of references, and if you get judged at all for it then the judgement is far more mild. All in all, it's far easier, more enjoyable, more productive, and more satisfying for an analytical awkward introvert.

Precisely! This can also apply to email or texting. Just like I would rather email a company with a question about a product rather than call to ask about the product. Because then I can think about all the detailed questions I have versus worrying about talking to the person and forgetting half of the questions I had. I have had that happen far too often.
almost nothing more cringeworthy than having to call a company or someone to fix something. I'll search online to find a way to do it online before I make that call, especially at 9am when I'm falling asleep (while everyone else is waking up). My mom is the opposite in this regard; she'll practically look for excuses to call people and companies. Bill was off by 5 cents?? Gotta call to get it fixed!! :lol: :| :x
cwat89
Junior Standardshifter

Post by cwat89 »

[/quote]almost nothing more cringeworthy than having to call a company or someone to fix something. I'll search online to find a way to do it online before I make that call, especially at 9am when I'm falling asleep (while everyone else is waking up). My mom is the opposite in this regard; she'll practically look for excuses to call people and companies. Bill was off by 5 cents?? Gotta call to get it fixed!! :lol: :| :x[/quote]

Lol! My mom does the same thing and if she goes to a drive thru and they mess her order up she will leave home and go back up there and confront them whereas I just get mad and shrug it off because I don't want that confrontation.
1988 Chevy S10 M5