What happened to this place?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Re: What happened to this place?

Post by RITmusic2k »

I appreciate the offer, but I'm taken. Sorry bro!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

RITmusic2k wrote:I appreciate the offer, but I'm taken. Sorry bro!
All them Bavarians have you twitterpated.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

potownrob wrote:
RITmusic2k wrote:Hi guys!

Yeah, it's quiet here - in the last month there have been a few newcomers with questions, but THC and RP usually have the responses handled by the time I check in... so I haven't been commenting nearly as much either. We're probably all in a similar boat - still enthusiastic, but otherwise busy.
time to get busy producing new members :D :twisted: :shock:
Hey, I've already done that. µSquint will be here some day - but he can't even get his permit for another... 13 years? :lol: :lol:

I've been slammed with work and school. Normally, I'm the must do every single silly assignment regardless of value to the grade type student... I've been so busy that I have not completed everything like I normally would and it's slightly haunting me. Guess I need to work on my time management skills... and figure out how not to be tired after working 9+ hours, going to school for an hour, and seeing family for a little before attempting to work on school work.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

potownrob wrote:

Yeah, it's quiet here - in the last month there have been a few newcomers with questions, but THC and RP usually have the responses handled by the time I check in... so I haven't been commenting nearly as much either. We're probably all in a similar boat - still enthusiastic, but otherwise busy.
don't look at me!

Also the vast majority of you are guys, so unless science actually advanced to that point...i don't think that'll work yet!
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I mean I could make my own...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

wannabe wrote:
potownrob wrote:

don't look at me!

Also the vast majority of you are guys, so unless science actually advanced to that point...i don't think that'll work yet!
just to clarify, i meant find a woman and make more members. i think wannabe would have to find a man though. 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

I still come here regularly, at the very least, once every couple days. I've become more of a lurker now lol
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

I'm still around, just very busy with work and school... I've also been posting on other forums more.
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
Jastreb
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3, Blue

Post by Jastreb »

CAUTION: Sappy post ahead.

I've been feeling a bit guilty w/ respect to this website, because for a while now I haven't been active. I've always been a bit of a lurker, but in the last few years have not had too much free time, and when I did, I've been mostly on rx8club.com dealing with #rotaryproblems. I've really not given back what I took from the community when I got my first manual car back in 2008 (7 years ago, holy s**t :shock: ) and joined up after finding this through google. Back then I had only a basic concept of how to shift, didn't know about rev-matching, double clutch downshifts or heel-toe, or any of the other fun things I do daily now. But this forum has had a greater impact in my life than just learning about technique - it helped put me on a path that has changed the way I relate to cars and driving in general.

Before buying my first manual transmission vehicle (and the first vehicle I picked out for myself), I had never really thought of myself as a "car guy". Sure, I liked driving and I liked cars, but it was at a consumer level - not really caring about the details of how they worked. Driving standard. and learning to do it properly, added that extra dimension to my driving experience which was missing before. I have had bad days in my life, where the only positive experience, the only minutes of enjoyment, were shifting though the gears of my RX-8, winding it out to 7.5-9k rpm, then doing sequential heel-toe downshifts before the next corner. And the good days are that much better because of the little rewards I get every time I drive.

So I'm going to try and be more involved to the extent time allows. Because others deserve to experience driving the same way too.
2009 Mazda RX-8 R3
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Don't feel bad. All is forgiven. All formerly-active members are welcomed back with open arms.

BTW, you know we now charge a reinstatement fee, right?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Jastreb
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3, Blue

Post by Jastreb »

Money order or cashier's check made out to Rope? :mrgreen:
2009 Mazda RX-8 R3
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Jastreb wrote:Money order or cashier's check made out to Rope? :mrgreen:
I'm a frayed knot.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

ClutchDisc wrote:I'm still around, just very busy with work and school... I've also been posting on other forums more.
TREASON!! HANG HIM!!!!
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote:
ClutchDisc wrote:I'm still around, just very busy with work and school... I've also been posting on other forums more.
TREASON!! HANG HIM!!!!
That's noose to me - need some rope?
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
potownrob wrote:
TREASON!! HANG HIM!!!!
That's noose to me - need some rope?
yes