What happened to this place?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: What happened to this place?

Post by tankinbeans »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Just like getting back on a bicycle again, right?
I've never known how to shit those duggers properly.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Just like getting back on a bicycle again, right?
Not quite. Driving it, yes. One day and I was alright. Doing all the fun stuff like rev matching and heel toe, took me over a week to learn to speak this car's language. Took a bit getting used to having six gears, and I still find myself forgetting to pull the collar to hit reverse and finding myself in sixth gear instead.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

comingbackdown wrote:Well, my ass is back on, so tally up one more spontaneous reappearance.
Signed my life away to a credit union for a little bit and I'm finally standardshifting again. 'Bout damn time. How y'all doin'?
Still here, man, but not standardshifting anymore. At least not on a car - still have the motorcycle. Driving a half ton Ford these days.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Why do they call 'em half ton when you know they weigh more than tuna half tons?

Prolly same reason diapers say "for up to 25 lbs", but you know they really only hold about 2 lbs.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

AHTOXA wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:Well, my ass is back on, so tally up one more spontaneous reappearance.
Signed my life away to a credit union for a little bit and I'm finally standardshifting again. 'Bout damn time. How y'all doin'?
Still here, man, but not standardshifting anymore. At least not on a car - still have the motorcycle. Driving a half ton Ford these days.
I still have my bike too, but I didn't even get to ride it this year. My "get ready for the riding season' maintenance turned into some Alice In Wonderland bullshit. Down the rabbit hole I went, and she's still in pieces. Should have her back together with everything that could possibly need fixing done come Spring. God I hope the carbs don't go south over the winter... That's the one thing I dread is taking those carbs apart for any reason. That is most definitely outside my comfort zone. I know, I know, ironic that I'll do just about anything else to just about anything else but carbs scare me.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Ewe knead too go on a no-carb diet! Go buy that book by Atkins and read how to convert to fool infection.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

comingbackdown wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:
I still have my bike too, but I didn't even get to ride it this year. My "get ready for the riding season' maintenance turned into some Alice In Wonderland bullshit. Down the rabbit hole I went, and she's still in pieces. Should have her back together with everything that could possibly need fixing done come Spring. God I hope the carbs don't go south over the winter... That's the one thing I dread is taking those carbs apart for any reason. That is most definitely outside my comfort zone. I know, I know, ironic that I'll do just about anything else to just about anything else but carbs scare me.
Yeah, I sold my carbed bike and bought another with FI. Haven't looked back; the amount of time I spent fiddling with the carb - no thanks.

Let's see, this year I'm at a little over 8k miles on the bike, I think? Need to check that but I think that's in the ballpark.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

welcome back, cbd!! 4 time ss traitor here, now driving a slushbox golf and loving it. 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Post by mtheis »

I'm still around, but mostly on the IRC channel. Daily driver is an automatic Corolla and weekend beast is the old 5-spd Celica.
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002
Official lurker
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

mtheis wrote:I'm still around, but mostly on the IRC channel. Daily driver is an automatic Corolla and weekend beast is the old 5-spd Celica.
Hey!

Just saying hi.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

mtheis wrote:I'm still around, but mostly on the IRC channel. Daily driver is an automatic Corolla and weekend beast is the old 5-spd Celica.
pero qué pasó con la tercel?? ya se fue al prado?? :? :o :cry:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

It's always nice to poke back in here and know that the forum is still foruming as it was since my last absence. Hope everyone's new year was a breath of fresh air!

I'm back in California, working at a higher position with my former employer, I got married, got the car paid off, and am now driving her very preciously while we aggressively pay off our debt... at which point I'm going to put all my discretionary cash into making sure the car is as healthy and happy as possible for a long time.

Anybody else have life updates?
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

RITmusic2k wrote:Anybody else have life updates?
My wife and I had the house painted purple...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote:
RITmusic2k wrote:Anybody else have life updates?
My wife and I had the house painted purple...
weight, arr j00 saying that it wasn't ewe who peinted the haus??
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

RITmusic2k wrote:It's always nice to poke back in here and know that the forum is still foruming as it was since my last absence. Hope everyone's new year was a breath of fresh air!

I'm back in California, working at a higher position with my former employer, I got married, got the car paid off, and am now driving her very preciously while we aggressively pay off our debt... at which point I'm going to put all my discretionary cash into making sure the car is as healthy and happy as possible for a long time.

Anybody else have life updates?
glad to hear (read) the ZHP is still alive and kicking. :)