Are you happy you were born?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Are you happy you were born?

Post by JackBauer »

This has been bugging me for about a year...

Are you happy you were born? Wouldn't you rather not exist? It would take a long time to explain how i came to the conclusion that life is trash.. i mean i've got it good..but it's un fullfilling. i race, drink, blah blah blah..and have my fun, but the whole time i'm thinking about how useless life is.. I'd blow my brains out if i wasn't afraid of going to hell.
The whole process of having children disgusts me, yuk! why have a child? 70 percent of people on the planet go to hell..chances are that baby will too..having children is the most selfish thing i can think of.

Discuss.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Re: Are you happy you were born?

Post by hockeystyx16 »

stop blazed posting
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

hockeystyx16 wrote:stop posting
Fixed
Zexel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0

Post by Zexel »

...What? I think Roman's right. Get off the drugs.

I don't think about what will happen to me after I die, or what will become of my children if I have any. Life is a journey and can be a beautiful thing, so giving life to someone else isn't selfish in my eyes.
Driving stick since April 8th, 2008.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

besides my useless spur of the moment post, ill go ahead and actually contribute

i didnt have a choice whether i was gonna be here. to quote jarhead, were here now, everything else is bullshit.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

but how is birth right? I wish i could put a curse on the night of my conception..why didn't my dead beat dad take my mom to the movies or something, i mean $h!t!

If i never existed, i wouldn't be here.. nothing is worth a crap. absolutley frikin nothing.. having children should be a crime, your bringing an innocent soul into supreme danger. And why wouldn't you worry about the next life, this one is only 80 years on average..70 world wide. If you don't believe in an afterlife, then forget that statement, just to the guy that said he didn't care about the next one.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Here we go:
There is absolutely no logical reason for the existance of people, of life in general, or anything at all. But it happened, so make the best of it.

Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me
--Jimmy Buffett
blauenlanze
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2017 BMW M240i 6MT

Post by blauenlanze »

Find a goal you sincerely want to reach, and acheive it. Lounging around all the time, focusing on just surviving whatever hardship you have, and not caring about much in life, is not good.
2007 BMW M240i 6MT
2006 Honda S2000 6MT (old)
2001 Honda Prelude SH 5MT (old)
2000 Toyota Camry V6 (old) auto
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Theres no goal I can't reach. Everything i want to do is available to me.
The thing is.. I don't know. Pretty much everyone in this thread is an atheist .. i'm gonna sound like a dumbass if i explain my logic to how i came to this conclusion.

A question to the atheists..i mean very seriously, not being an ass or trying to start a 100 page disrespectful debate, if you really believe theres no afterlife or God.. why don't you just blow your brains out? I mean lets be perfectly honest.. no matter what you do or think, if theres no intended creation, no purpose to your life.. you might as well shoot yourself tonight.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Honestly, if I knew there was no afterlife, I probably would've offed myself by now. I had some points in my life where I didn't feel like it was worth living. But for now, I'm content to stay alive, I've got a goal that I'm trying to get (read: girl) :P
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

JackBauer wrote: if you really believe theres no afterlife or God.. why don't you just blow your brains out?
Because there's things I want to experience in this life. Do you live your life ignoring everything that's going on, only looking forward to when you die and go into 'afterlife'?
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Of course your not sure.. there are very few people who truthfully believes they are 100% sure there is no God.. God has put a measure of faith in everyone. The thing that gets to me is that i know and billions other know for sure the one true God.. What has me pissed off to be honest and hating life..
That 70 percent of the population is going to hell, and i feel like some goddamn expirament and i wish i was never born..because now i've been drafted into a war i don't feel like fighting. If i was never born i would of never been a part of this..
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

noob5,000,000 wrote:
JackBauer wrote: if you really believe theres no afterlife or God.. why don't you just blow your brains out?
Because there's things I want to experience in this life. Do you live your life ignoring everything that's going on, only looking forward to when you die and go into 'afterlife'?
From a Christian perspective..you should live your life in a way that everything you do honors God.
What do you want to do in this life thats so great? you cant take it with you to the grave bud'. I'm not saying you should blow your brains out.. but theoretically if there was no god..that would be the smart way out.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense for someone to kill themselves just because they don't believe in an afterlife. I mean, there's a good 70+ years before they're supposed die (assuming natural causes, average life expectancy, etc.) and the 'afterlife' is supposed to begin. That's 70 years of life on Earth to enjoy with other people doing the things they like to do. There's more to life than religion...
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

well no, thats not a very long time..90 percent of everyone here will be dead or near dead in 55 years; assuming an average life span of 80.
This life, again if you believe in God, is very short..this is proving ground. I don't consider belief in Jesus christ religion.. more of a relationship..the thing atheists don't understand is that God talks..if you shut the hell up, and open the ears of your heart and just relax, he'll talk to you..for realz.