Car won't start unless clutch is pressed

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Re: Car won't start unless clutch is pressed

Post by Tinton »

I didn't read the other comments, this is a response to the original post: No duh :roll:.

Why does remote start matter anyways? I know I've had to start my cars on some cold days, but its never been cold enough to NEED a remote start feature. Its about as useless as heated seats, put on f*cking gloves and a sweater you f*cking pansies :lol:.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Tinton wrote:I know I've had to start my cars on some cold days, but its never been cold enough to NEED a remote start feature.
What do you know about cold days in Georgia?

I know a little about cold days, but not as much as folks in Maine or Canadialand (where they live in igloos -- eh?). I know days when it's -5°F, very windy, and the car is covered in an inch of ice with a foot of snow on top. I can go out there and struggle to chip away and unbury the car so I'll be able to start it so it can melt the rest, or I can start it remotely and let it melt.

More commonly, with a remote starter it's convenient; instead of bundling up thickly for the 0°F temperature and trying to drive while looking like the kid in "A Christmas Story" until the car warms up, then trying to take off layers...I can just start it when I roll out of bed and it will be warm when I'm ready to leave.

It's miserable enough with the cold, I'm not going to get up an extra 15 minutes early so I can shower, dry, get ready to go, go out and start the car, and go back in to wait.

I vaguely remember a thread where you and I took opposite sides of a similar question, I think it was about potential "shift-by-wire" systems.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

theholycow wrote:
Tinton wrote:I know I've had to start my cars on some cold days, but its never been cold enough to NEED a remote start feature.
What do you know about cold days in Georgia?

I know a little about cold days, but not as much as folks in Maine or Canadialand (where they live in igloos -- eh?). I know days when it's -5°F, very windy, and the car is covered in an inch of ice with a foot of snow on top. I can go out there and struggle to chip away and unbury the car so I'll be able to start it so it can melt the rest, or I can start it remotely and let it melt.

More commonly, with a remote starter it's convenient; instead of bundling up thickly for the 0°F temperature and trying to drive while looking like the kid in "A Christmas Story" until the car warms up, then trying to take off layers...I can just start it when I roll out of bed and it will be warm when I'm ready to leave.

It's miserable enough with the cold, I'm not going to get up an extra 15 minutes early so I can shower, dry, get ready to go, go out and start the car, and go back in to wait.

I vaguely remember a thread where you and I took opposite sides of a similar question, I think it was about potential "shift-by-wire" systems.
North vs. South = northerners are grade A c*nts, as usual :roll:.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Tinton wrote:North vs. South = northerners are grade A c*nts, as usual :roll:.
With intelligent, topical arguments like that...I really can't win this debate.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

The fact that he cant come up with an intelligent response means you already have
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

smooth move, x-lax