*New Language, Context, & Attitude (Now in Effect)*

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Re: *New Language, Context, & Attitude Policy on Standardshift*

Post by Johnf514 »

watkins wrote: Current content - dont delete things that may be in offence of the policy. As older material, they do not fall within the required time field for the new rules. Also, many said posts are also very informative. If anything, PM the offending poster with a link to the post, and have him/her edit it on his/her own so it still has the correct context. I still recomend not touching them however.
We will not retroactively edit any posts. This policy moves forward as of Friday, August 1st. However, it should be known that members caught edited old posts for the sake of inserting inappropriate material will be subjected to the policy, as that is just a blatant violation and is kinda silly, really.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

I just hope this doesn't become a witch hunt. Find someone you don't like, wait for them to screw up, reinterpret what they mean, then call mod-11. I'm pretty sure the majority of the long time active members are mature enough not to do it, but who knows what the future will hold. :?
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Johnf514 wrote:
watkins wrote: This also has nothing to do with rebellion. It has to do with friendship. If you grew out of friendship, then may God have mercy on your soul.
I consider this to be my online home, and the members here my online family. Just as I consider my friends from years ago my family. Does it mean the exact same as lineage? No, but as they teach on Sesame Street, families come in all kinds, shapes, and sizes.
I really like this post. I feel as if Standardshift is a family as well. Maybe not in the traditional sense, but we are a great little community to be a part of. And that is why we want our very public community to appear inviting, mature, and organized to those interested in joining.
Thanks
Johnf514 wrote:
watkins wrote: Current content - dont delete things that may be in offence of the policy. As older material, they do not fall within the required time field for the new rules. Also, many said posts are also very informative. If anything, PM the offending poster with a link to the post, and have him/her edit it on his/her own so it still has the correct context. I still recomend not touching them however.
We will not retroactively edit any posts. This policy moves forward as of Friday, August 1st. However, it should be known that members caught edited old posts for the sake of inserting inappropriate material will be subjected to the policy, as that is just a blatant violation and is kinda silly, really.
Good to know. A lot of older stuff is classic SS material that we may want to dig up some day for some reason.
Nychold wrote:I just hope this doesn't become a witch hunt. Find someone you don't like, wait for them to screw up, reinterpret what they mean, then call mod-11. I'm pretty sure the majority of the long time active members are mature enough not to do it, but who knows what the future will hold. :?
Mhmm. And I know Im being a pain in the ass about this overall, but Ive been on forums where a new policy designed as a way to cut down on undesireable actions turned into a bloodbath. I dont want that to happen here.
Johnf514

Post by Johnf514 »

Nah, there won't be a "witchhunt." We aren't targeting any members specifically. We will just be reading the posts as we usually do and citing the violations as we see it. There won't be any inquisitions or anything of that nature.

Again, the objective is to get people to police their own posts. It's not terribly difficult, I promise. :)
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
Johnf514

Re: *New Language, Context, & Attitude Policy Now in Effect*

Post by Johnf514 »

FYI - the new policy is now in effect.
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
IMBoring25

Re: *New Language, Context, & Attitude (Now in Effect)*

Post by IMBoring25 »

lewis, those who do it know they're doing it. If you don't know you're doing it, you're not. Some people have, in the past, used words that are filtered, but defeated the filter by substituting a 1 in place of an i or by means of some creative UBB coding, so that the filtered word (Or a very close approximation thereof) would appear in their post.
clutchpedal100
Junior Standardshifter

Post by clutchpedal100 »

Please clarify what is considered swearing. Where I come from some words that may be considered vulgar are not. Otherwise I do support the new policy. Thanks Standard Shift!
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Basically (I think) you can type whatever you want and let the filters take care of it, but you're not supposed to bypass the filters.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:Basically (I think) you can type whatever you want and let the filters take care of it, but you're not supposed to bypass the filters.
For instance... You can say "f**k the f**k f**k!" but, if you totally circumvented the filters so it said "f*ck the f*cking f*ckers!"¹ you'd be in trouble.

1: Change the "*"s to "u"
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I bleef there is a by-pass valve that lets oil thru when the back-pressure gets too high. I'm not sure if it only comes on when the filter is plugged, or any time you're at high rpm.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

lol
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Johnf514

Post by Johnf514 »

If it was in that seven dirty words sketch that George Carlton did, its dirty. If the language is something you wouldn't say to your sweet grandmother, its dirty. If the words demean another race or culture, its swearing. C'mon folks you got this!
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

But shit still isn't censored right?

ETA: Good, good. Also, johnf, how've you beenf?
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

John's back???!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!????????

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen:
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

o.O JOHNF!
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff