New Car: 2008 Mazda3i Touring

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: New Car: 2008 Mazda3i Touring

Post by watkins »

I like the color. Not one Ive seen before.
However, there are TOO DAMN MANY OF YOU
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

potownrob wrote:
Sypher wrote:Now then..
2. lose the side moldings

Cheap/free mods that will enhance the looks greatly! :D
Please don't take off the side moldings, or at least look at what it'll look like if you do remove them. :cry:
Oh trust me.... no molding is MUUUUUCH much better looking. Check out John and my cars. We both deleted our moldings.. and I'm sure John is way happier with it off... I know I am :D
Prodigal Son
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Jetta, 2004 Miata

Post by Prodigal Son »

Sypher wrote:Oh trust me.... no molding is MUUUUUCH much better looking.
Perhaps, but modifying a leased car perhaps not such a good idea.
Just some guy on the Internet. Heed with care.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Prodigal Son wrote:
Sypher wrote:Oh trust me.... no molding is MUUUUUCH much better looking.
Perhaps, but modifying a leased car perhaps not such a good idea.
It's reversible
Just get some 3M molding tape and it is reattached (that's how the moldings stays in place right now anyways.. no screws or clips)
Gish
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Gish »

hockeystyx16 wrote:that sux 2 asses, throwing money away and nothing to show for it at the end
I was waiting for you to come in here and say something stupid...
And on that bombshell...

XBL: RENE5IS
PSN: Gish91
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

what is there about leasing thats not stupid? you get a new car, you pay for it, then after a while you paid out all that money and you have no car to show for it. how is that smart in any way shape or form? and with how expensive leases are these days, if you took the money you threw away leasing and saved it instead, youd end up with a very nice used car that would be yours.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Sypher wrote:
potownrob wrote:
Sypher wrote:Now then..
2. lose the side moldings

Cheap/free mods that will enhance the looks greatly! :D
Please don't take off the side moldings, or at least look at what it'll look like if you do remove them. :cry:
Oh trust me.... no molding is MUUUUUCH much better looking. Check out John and my cars. We both deleted our moldings.. and I'm sure John is way happier with it off... I know I am :D
I've seen it without the molding in person on more than one Mazda 3 (and John's I've seen in person) and I don't like it. I think it makes a decent car look like a cheap economy car. He can do what he wants with it (be careful about modifying under a lease though), but I doubt I'm the only one who doesn't like the look.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Gish
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Gish »

hockeystyx16 wrote:what is there about leasing thats not stupid? you get a new car, you pay for it, then after a while you paid out all that money and you have no car to show for it. how is that smart in any way shape or form? and with how expensive leases are these days, if you took the money you threw away leasing and saved it instead, youd end up with a very nice used car that would be yours.
Some people prefer new cars to used ones, and want a new car every couple of years without having to actually buy a new car all the time. How is that hard to understand?
And on that bombshell...

XBL: RENE5IS
PSN: Gish91
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

if your one of those people who dont care about money and dont care about throwing money away then leasing makes sense. to most people who only have so much money leasing is retarded. but then if your parents buy you an RX8 your family obviouly doesnt have financial problems
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Leasing only makes sense if you want to drive an uber expensive exotic for a year or so. Leasing a new car all the time is just stupid, just like renting a house to live in.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

Leedeth wrote:Leasing a new car all the time is just stupid, just like renting a house to live in.
how is renting a house stupid?
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
camera_man
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '97 Jeep, '12 Cruze

Post by camera_man »

Leasing work for some, not for others. I've never done it before, so I'm giving it a try.

Oh, and I'm not going to even mess with modifying a lease. Plus, I like the side moldings. :)
2012 Chevy Cruze
1.4L Turbo, 6 speed

1997 Jeep Cherokee
4.0L, 5 speed
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

wannabe wrote:
Leedeth wrote:Leasing a new car all the time is just stupid, just like renting a house to live in.
If you're going to rent all the time it's stupid, just like leasing a car. But if you're strapped for cash then it's the only option you have, leasing makes sense if you need a car that won't give you any surprises. It still only works in the short run though.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

Leedeth wrote:
wannabe wrote:
If you're going to rent all the time it's stupid, just like leasing a car. But if you're strapped for cash then it's the only option you have, leasing makes sense if you need a car that won't give you any surprises. It still only works in the short run though.
this dude wrote: When you buy a home, due to capital gain exclusion requirements, you essentially have to make the home your primary residence for at least 2 out of 5 years to take advantage of capital gain tax breaks of up to $250,000 for singles and $500,000 for married couples. Because of this and the expensive transaction costs associated with selling a house, moving from one house to another isn’t easy. For those whose lives are in flux or for those who are single without a family yet, renting is a very attractive option because it affords a lot of flexibility and allows one to not be tied down to one geographic location. Being tied down limits your employment options and commits you to a certain area. Since graduate school, I’ve had unanticipated employment shifts and I’m thankful I chose to rent rather than buy, because it allowed me to continue moving closer to my changing work locations whenever my life events changed. Renting also allows you to experience living in different types of apartments and locations without long term commitment. I’ve enjoyed living in a wide array of places, moving from ghetto roach and rat-infested apartments as a student, to a relatively posh pad now as a working guy.
what that guy is saying makes sense. Aaron and i haven't figured out where we're gonna live for good yet. we might end up moving somewhere (who knows where) for school, employment, etc. we might end up renting a house (rather than an apartment).
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Didn't know it was a lease - I would probably leave the stock as stock as possible. Although the side moldings look great off . . . :P

Car looks awesome - I love the colored grille for the '08! What do you think of it?

BTW, if you are getting some surging in light throttle/low RPM acceleration, it's time to ground your throttle body. I'd be happy to explain further if you are interested. It is literally a 5-minute mod and is completely reversible.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar