My new car! 16 WRX

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2016 WRX 6MT

My new car! 16 WRX

Post by Ewilon1988 »

Been asking questions for a few months and kept forgetting to add a picture of my car. well here's my car I ask a lot of questions about lol. 2016 WRX Pure Red

potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: My new car! 16 WRX

Post by potownrob »

Ewilon1988 wrote:Been asking questions for a few months and kept forgetting to add a picture of my car. well here's my car I ask a lot of questions about lol. 2016 WRX Pure Red

:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

very want! :cry:

much excite!! :D

totes adorbs!!! :lol: :roll:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

Well thank ya buddy! :mrgreen:
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

The more I think about it, the more I think we should start a home delivery service. Hehe
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

Lol what you mean ?
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Ewilon1988 wrote:Lol what you mean ?
When people write in about buying their first manual and need to get it home. We could drive it home and answer any questions as they come up. Lots of fun could be had by all.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

I actually agree with you. I bought my car 40 miles away from where I live. Luckily I was excited to have the car and that was enough to keep me satisfied because that was not a smooth ride home.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Post by 4onthefloor »

I've got a 2017 WRX on the way. My second Subaru. Did you have them add the STi wing or did you buy that after?
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

I added it after. I was never a spoiler person but for some reason I love it on the subarus. They look naked without it. And congrats on the new subie bro!!
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

I agree... I was really interested with this car- I actually had it number 1 on my short list but the dealerships around here were way too "shady". They were regularly pulling bait and switch techniques for factory orders and I was too hesitant to pull the trigger. I did a ton of research on this vehicle though on both the stock/aftermarket side of things.

How do you feel about starlink and the radio sound quality? I was inquiring about the 2015 at the time and the radio was literally a double DIN unit that looked like it was out of a 2002 Mazda Protege. Red is kind of rare for this car around these parts...

I was leaning towards WR Blue or White... the classic WRX colors but the red looks great. When I see this car on the road I get jealous sometimes.
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

Teamwork I absolutely love it. The aftermarket parts are practically unlimited. I HATE the starling system with a passion. I have the 6.7in screen(or something like that), but it's soooooo buggy. I hooked up an iPod to it and every time I cut off the car it would make me re attach the iPod and stuff just to get it to work and sometimes that didn't even work. I just use my iPhone now since I have to unplug that anyways when I leave the car. It takes forever to respond too. I was deciding between the dark blue and red before I got to the dealership and was actually going there for the Blue, but once I got there my gf and I fell in love with the red. They didn't have the light blue(classic Subaru blue) in stock. I would have 1000% picked the light blue had they had it. I actually didn't have to sign a waiver or anything to drive it. They were so laid back and nice.
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

Ewilon1988 wrote:Teamwork I absolutely love it. The aftermarket parts are practically unlimited. I HATE the starling system with a passion. I have the 6.7in screen(or something like that), but it's soooooo buggy. I hooked up an iPod to it and every time I cut off the car it would make me re attach the iPod and stuff just to get it to work and sometimes that didn't even work. I just use my iPhone now since I have to unplug that anyways when I leave the car. It takes forever to respond too. I was deciding between the dark blue and red before I got to the dealership and was actually going there for the Blue, but once I got there my gf and I fell in love with the red. They didn't have the light blue(classic Subaru blue) in stock. I would have 1000% picked the light blue had they had it. I actually didn't have to sign a waiver or anything to drive it. They were so laid back and nice.
I wouldn't feel so bad because my MIB I system exhibits pretty much the same issues. I'm not sure if it's a connection or program issue but it's really 50/50 shot if the Ipod needs to be re-connected or not. It's pretty frustrating all things considered... and it doesn't use a USB, some proprietary cable garbage which equates to A) Really bad battery recharging traits, B) Unreliable connection, C) These cables cost $32 a pop. 2016 changed over to MIB II and USB based interfaces... but I heard the flaws are still present.

What intrigued me about the 2015 WRX was the capability to replace the unit because it was so ancient and really only housed radio functions. Most of these interfaces house on board computers for the diagnostics and ECU data that it's impossible to switch out. That was the best thing... I could do whatever I wanted but I was on the thresh hold of getting a 2015/2016- was right on the inbetween. I'm not sure if the Ford had connectivity problems or poor quality sound but god... Subaru and VW need to wake up and get with 2016. It's embarrassing.
I actually didn't have to sign a waiver or anything to drive it.
I was extremely turned off by this as well. I had to jump through hoops/sign papers/negotiate a price before I could even test drive it. They acted like it was a 911 Porsche or something. My test drives were a bit different though for the main 3 cars... I wanted to split time "testing" it and have someone else test drive it (most likely a sales guy/service rep) with me present. I knew the basics at that point but I couldn't really drive that well or was refined so I wanted to see the outside perspective of someone who really could "get on it". The guy for the WRX was a pretty bad/inexperienced manual driver in hindsight. Was pretty rough all around... the guy who split time with me with the Focus ST owned a Mitsubishi Evo X and he loved this proposition. I didn't get a chance to test drive a GTI in stick form because every dealership I went too was DSG.
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

You would think that Subaru and VW would be up to date with the radios in the car considering the other up to date technology they have. Eye sight and lame change stuff etc etc. I'm shocked you had to jump through hoops like that. I guess it just depends on where you live
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Ewilon1988 wrote:You would think that Subaru and VW would be up to date with the radios in the car considering the other up to date technology they have. Eye sight and lame change stuff etc etc. I'm shocked you had to jump through hoops like that. I guess it just depends on where you live
teamwork forgot to mention he went in wearing a Nirvana T-shirt and his hat on sideways :lol: :oops: :P

not to mention he's still a teenager :evil: :lol: :cry:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

Lol how old? Because I'm only 27. I am also a 6'3 German with blonde hair and we all know that people don't deny the Germans! Jk jk