Bawked's Honda Replacement

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1991 mr2 sw20 n/a 5 speed

Bawked's Honda Replacement

Postby Bawked » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Soooo I got sick of fwd, even though the Euro R is quite a nice car. It's 1400kg and doesn't have enough torque.

So a 3.2L V6 should sort that issue, and maybe some AWD for fun :twisted:

This thing has the best standard exhaust of any car which is under $20k, it has a flap in the exhaust which keeps it quiet at low speeds. Which you can override control of by adding a switch.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/PCtz_YZFFv4[/youtube]
<3 fwd

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '16 Ecoboost F150

Re: Bawked's Honda Replacement

Postby AHTOXA » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:47 pm

Very nice! I recently went with my first AWD as well (not counting part time 4WD rigs), but mine is nowhere near as fast. :D
'16 Ecoboost F150
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
'17 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5+
'08 Giant Trance 1 (old school 26'er)

Squint
Master Standardshifter

Postby Squint » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Nice! Though you might consider revisiting your forum signature... :lol:
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!

potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '16 Golf TSI SE

Postby potownrob » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:59 am

hold up, i'm confussed!! didn't you just get a euro accord to replace an early 90s accord, or am eye missing you up with another member from the land down under?? :? :o :x :?:
BUT DEM FAHGLEITZ!! :shock:

For Pizza!!!!

Bawked
Master Standardshifter

Postby Bawked » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:45 am

potownrob wrote:hold up, i'm confussed!! didn't you just get a euro accord to replace an early 90s accord, or am eye missing you up with another member from the land down under?? :? :o :x :?:

I still have the euro r, its for sale at the moment. Suspension too harsh and at the end of the day its still a FWD Honda.
<3 fwd

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Postby potownrob » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:53 am

Bawked wrote:
potownrob wrote:hold up, i'm confussed!! didn't you just get a euro accord to replace an early 90s accord, or am eye missing you up with another member from the land down under?? :? :o :x :?:

I still have the euro r, its for sale at the moment. Suspension too harsh and at the end of the day its still a FWD Honda.
BLASPHEMIES!!!! :o :shock: :evil:

:lol:

just kidding; i can totally understand that reasoning. i think my accord is just about perfectly balanced between handling, ride and comfort, maybe a little firm for my liking overall. if we had type Rs up in here, you'd probably be hearing more complaints from us about the sportier hondas. the closest we get now is the civic si, and maybe something else i can't think of. oh, the acura ILX a-spec or whatever, but i hear that's not as sporty as it may appear to be.

For Pizza!!!!

Bawked
Master Standardshifter

Postby Bawked » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:34 pm

potownrob wrote:
Bawked wrote:

BLASPHEMIES!!!! :o :shock: :evil:

:lol:

just kidding; i can totally understand that reasoning. i think my accord is just about perfectly balanced between handling, ride and comfort, maybe a little firm for my liking overall. if we had type Rs up in here, you'd probably be hearing more complaints from us about the sportier hondas. the closest we get now is the civic si, and maybe something else i can't think of. oh, the acura ILX a-spec or whatever, but i hear that's not as sporty as it may appear to be.

haha I must be getting old!

If it was a 500hp gtr with suspension that hard, you wouldn't hear me complaining, hell it could have no suspension. But its a 1400kg (3100lb) honda with a decent interior, its not fast enough to have stiff suspension.
<3 fwd

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Postby potownrob » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:06 am

Bawked wrote:haha I must be getting old!

If it was a 500hp gtr with suspension that hard, you wouldn't hear me complaining, hell it could have no suspension. But its a 1400kg (3100lb) honda with a decent interior, its not fast enough to have stiff suspension.
well, that is probably a matter of opinion. what one person thinks is slow could be fast to the next guy... either that, or you don't have enough curvy mountain roads :?: :?: :? not trying to cause a riot, just saying :lol:

For Pizza!!!!

Return to “Members' Cars”