Fit but you know it (2013 Fit Sport)

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
rei
Junior Standardshifter

Fit but you know it (2013 Fit Sport)

Post by rei »

FB pics for now, will likely go out and take some nicer ones later / after it rains / after i'm done tooling around for hours

The photos are especially bad as I decided to just try and 'miss' my license plate instead of editing it out and the angles looked way better when I was holding the camera

2013 Fit Sport 5MT. Nothing looks funnier than a sticker advertising SOHC
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Fit but you know it (2013 Fit Sport)

Post by AHTOXA »

Nice car, man. Congrats!
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
rei
Junior Standardshifter

Post by rei »

Thanks a lot. I don't think I've set the clutch on fire yet : )

Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Nice pics, but it does look funny that you can see everything right up to your plate. Not sure if you know it or not, but it is incredibly easy to block your plate in pictures you post on the Internet. You don't even need any special software (like Photoshop or anything) to make your plate numbers disappear. You can simply open your pictures in Microsoft Paint and black out your plates by "painting" over them. Takes a few seconds at most...
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

Nice car! Let us know what kind of mpg you get out of it!
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

Shadow wrote:Nice pics, but it does look funny that you can see everything right up to your plate. Not sure if you know it or not, but it is incredibly easy to block your plate in pictures you post on the Internet. You don't even need any special software (like Photoshop or anything) to make your plate numbers disappear. You can simply open your pictures in Microsoft Paint and black out your plates by "painting" over them. Takes a few seconds at most...
That's exactly how I do it too.
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Hey, speedo readout is kilometers per hour. Are you in Canada? Ontario I suppose. Nice big oak trees too.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
rei
Junior Standardshifter

Post by rei »

Shadow wrote:Nice pics, but it does look funny that you can see everything right up to your plate. Not sure if you know it or not, but it is incredibly easy to block your plate in pictures you post on the Internet. You don't even need any special software (like Photoshop or anything) to make your plate numbers disappear. You can simply open your pictures in Microsoft Paint and black out your plates by "painting" over them. Takes a few seconds at most...
Yeah, this was mostly just laziness on my part, wanted to just hit the post-to-facebook button on my phone.

I am in fact in Mississauga, Ontario. I'll get you guys mileage numbers when I fuel up, I'm kind of expecting with my stick-inexperience to hit something between 7-8 L/100km (about 30 mpg) - then again years of driving a diesel have made me apprehensive of anything above 4000 RPM so I don't expect my mileage to be too awful (I really dont expect to get the 13.6 l/100 km my readout is giving me now, which would be 17 mpg. It'll balance out : ) )
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

I'm sure your mileage will be fine even though you have limited experience. I'd think it would take a lot of over-revving to really kill the mileage in that car. Once it's broken in you'll likely hit really good numbers.

I really like how that instrument panel is backlit. That's a really cool blue.

Congrats on the new car.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Additionally, a brand new car's fuel economy will improve as it breaks in.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

...and before it "breaks in", there is more friction to overcome, so your fuel mile should improve after you get some miles on it.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Nice car! I almost bought a Fit.

On the plate discussion, why do people block their digits? I mean, it is exposed anyways.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

bk7794 wrote:Nice car! I almost bought a Fit.

On the plate discussion, why do people block their digits? I mean, it is exposed anyways.
I think we might have discussed this before (or I might be thinking of a different forum), but I'll tell you that people have been known to track down a car by using the plate number and steal stuff from it. A good example is a guy who posted detailed pics of the $8000 audio system in his car, complete with a picture of his license plate. The thieves got his address from his plate number and stole his audio equipment during the night when the owner was home sleeping.

Personally, I have no problem showing my plate:

Or do I?

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

It is not proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the thieves didn't get a lead from elsewhere.

I have no isse posting my plate. But I just have a regular car. If someone wants to steal it, fine, I have insurance for that. I dont have anything to steal from it.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

AHTOXA wrote:It is not proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the thieves didn't get a lead from elsewhere.

I have no isse posting my plate. But I just have a regular car. If someone wants to steal it, fine, I have insurance for that. I dont have anything to steal from it.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the exact same theft that I mentioned, but with the story I'm talking about (it was local here in NY), the thieves were caught and they admitted to getting the address from a plate number pictured on the Internet. In fact, a security guard (and a friend of the thieves) at the local community college got into trouble too because he's the one that ran the plate number for them. Apparently, the security department has the ability to run plate numbers through a DMW site and get the registered owner's information.