Potownrob's 02 Impreza 2.5TS

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Potownrob's 02 Impreza 2.5TS

Post by potownrob »

Sorry for the hold-up on the real pics, guys. Been busy with work and ironing out the pre-existing problems with the new car. Without further ado, I present you with some pics of my new car:

Sorry for all the garbage, boxes and needle receptacles in the background; way too lazy to crop them out let alone recompose... :lol: :twisted:

edit: anyone know what that box thing hanging in the right rear window is all about?? it's connected to some cable and it looks like it's supposed to be glued to the window... :? :idea: :)
Last edited by potownrob on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: Potownrob's 02 Impreza 2.5TS

Post by Shadow »

Looks really clean...congrats. Must feel great to have a clutch pedal again, huh?
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Nice! Looks like it would be a fun road trip car.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Shadow wrote:Looks really clean...congrats. Must feel great to have a clutch pedal again, huh?
yeah, it is nice to have the clutch back. first couple of days i had trouble with the clutch, as in i wasn't used to it nor the gas pedal, but it is getting better now.

edit: thanks 8)
Last edited by potownrob on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:Nice! Looks like it would be a fun road trip car.
other than not having cruise control and sounding like a tractor (which i'm getting used to), yeah 8)
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Are those steel wheels with hubcaps or aluminum wheels with dust shields?
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

potownrob wrote:Sorry for the hold-up on the real pics, guys. Been busy with work and ironing out the pre-existing problems with the new car. Without further ado, I present you with some pics of my new car:

[snip]

Sorry for all the garbage, boxes and needle receptacles in the background; way too lazy to crop them out let alone recompose... :lol: :twisted:

edit: anyone know what that box thing hanging in the right rear window is all about?? it's connected to some cable and it looks like it's supposed to be glued to the window... :? :idea: :)
Looks like everybody's getting new cars. It looks ridiculously clean, what's the mileage? Doesn't look like a helluva lot.
It's probably some cell-phone-signal-booster. I ripped something similar to it out of the Benz shortly after I bought it. Mine was just an antenna for one of those in-car doohickeys.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Shadow wrote:Are those steel wheels with hubcaps or aluminum wheels with dust shields?
those are steelies with caps. the 2.5TS was technically the lowest end Impreza for 2k2 and I think the only one to not come with rims. Of course, I didn't read that it was below the 2.5RS til I bought it...
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Needle receptacles? :shock:

If it was a 1992 instead of a 2002 I'd say that doohickey could be half of a through-glass cell antenna...much less likely on a 2002. Have you followed the wires or looked for any identifying model/serial numbers?
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

1974Alfa5spd wrote: Looks like everybody's getting new cars. It looks ridiculously clean, what's the mileage? Doesn't look like a helluva lot.
It's probably some cell-phone-signal-booster. I ripped something similar to it out of the Benz shortly after I bought it. Mine was just an antenna for one of those in-car doohickeys.
it has 128k miles on it (had 1279XX when i bought it). it was and still is a risk taken buying it, especially without all of the service history (only have some of it). Interesting theory about the dongle thing; i was thinking more along the lines of a sensor for the rear defroster?? i've seen that or something similar in pics of other TSes...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

theholycow wrote:Needle receptacles? :shock:

If it was a 1992 instead of a 2002 I'd say that doohickey could be half of a through-glass cell antenna...much less likely on a 2002. Have you followed the wires or looked for any identifying model/serial numbers?
nah, i'm not into following wires; i'm thinking of gluing or taping it back up there just so it looks good and in case it's needed for the defroster (yeah, right).

edit: the needle receptacles are from when my mom did infusions to treat her MS.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Lookin' good! Yay for Subies! I'm pretty jealous of that hatch space you have there.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Warner wrote:Lookin' good! Yay for Subies! I'm pretty jealous of that hatch space you have there.
thanks and it's an honor coming from an sti owner :) . not sure how i will use the hatch space as i've never had a wagon before.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

This is turning out to be an interesting car to drive. The tractor sound of the engine is something else (for good and for bad). It is quicker than I expected, and it seems to have more personality than all of my past cars, other than maybe my 93 Accord, but that was a special car (junkyard special anyone??) 8) :) :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:

In case anyone's wondering, I picked up the 9 dollar shiftknob (it's leather!!) and 5 dollar neoprene steering wheel cover at walmart :)
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Post by 4onthefloor »

I've never really been a fan of bugeyes, but they are solid cars. Wait until next winter and you'll find out what a Subaru is all about.

If you are unsure of the maintenance history, check to see if the timing belt has been replaced. It should've been done around 110k and you don't want that to go on you.

I don't think it's below the RS it's just the wagon version of it. I don't know what the tractor sound is, must be the exhaust. We have basically the same engine, except mine has the AVCS on it, and mine definitely doesn't sound like a tractor.

I'll let you know if I can think of anything else to keep in mind.

Finally the Subarus are taking over.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230