Audi A5

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: Audi A5

Post by Shadow »

Squint wrote:Oddly enough, especially being in Worst Virginia, I saw one of those Lexi today on my drive home. I think that they don't have the subtle curve that Audi puts on them (probably because Audi copyrighted/trademarked/something -I'm not a lawyer-). It seems they are more of a straight line, and it's just not as sexy...
Yeah, they are pretty much straight across on the IS. But so is the Audi A6. The A4 LEDs actually curve around the headlight projector, so it looks really curvy and the A5 is straight and then curves up at the ends.

Mercedes Benz is starting to get into the act as well, which lots of LED strips on their vehicles. Most of them seem to be toward the bottom of the front fascia though. Someone on the Audi forum say that there is a Kia (or possibly Hyundai) that has LED running lights that are very similar to Audi, right down to the winking when the turn signals are on. I guess the whole LED thing is going to get played out rather quickly as we see it more and more. At least BMW is sticking with it's halos. And on the newest BMWs, they made the halos a really bright white, almost bluish. Looks fantastic like that...
wantizon
Junior Standardshifter

Post by wantizon »

very aggressive. +1

I'm looking at Audi S4's too, I think BMW and Audi are the best looking Germen's.
kayubassist
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kayubassist »

hey Shadow,

nice car! those seats look a lot better than my 'fake-leather' seats. lol

How do you do the LED mod thing?
Does it require VAG-COM?
I want to do this too on my A3.
2012 Audi A3 S-Line Titanium 6MT
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

kayubassist wrote:hey Shadow,

Does it require VAG-COM?
Thanks...you just saw this thread for the first time?

Yes, you need a VAG-COM to disable the winking. There are a ton of other little mods you can do as well. For example, you can set it to open and/or close the windows and/or the sunroof via the key fob. That's a nice little feature I turned on as well.
kayubassist
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kayubassist »

Shadow wrote:
kayubassist wrote:hey Shadow,

Does it require VAG-COM?
Thanks...you just saw this thread for the first time?

Yes, you need a VAG-COM to disable the winking. There are a ton of other little mods you can do as well. For example, you can set it to open and/or close the windows and/or the sunroof via the key fob. That's a nice little feature I turned on as well.
yea I just saw this thread, this board for the first time. haha
after I wash my car this weekend, I might post some pictures of my car too.
thanks for the info. now I gotta find somebody with a vag-com.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

kayubassist wrote:
yea I just saw this thread, this board for the first time. haha
after I wash my car this weekend, I might post some pictures of my car too.
thanks for the info. now I gotta find somebody with a vag-com.
No problem. Be sure to look up the VAG-COM mods before you look for someone with a VAG-COM in your area. There are so many things you can change and they just take a mouse click to do them. Might as well get 'em all done at the same time.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

So I'm thinking of swapping out my rear bumper cover/valance for the S-Line rear bumper. I really like the way it looks.

Last edited by Shadow on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kayubassist
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kayubassist »

I think you should go quad tips lol.
s-line bumper + diffuser looks great. i say go for it.
I personally have this on my car.
I am just about to post some pics hold on...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

wing and drop
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

potownrob wrote:wing and drop
Wing? Seriously? If there's one car that doesn't need a rear wing, it's mine. The trunk lid has a lip that goes up, almost like a small lip spoiler. I'm not sure if you were kidding or not, but I'd never put any kind of wing or spoiler on my car.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Shadow wrote:
potownrob wrote:wing and drop
Wing? Seriously? If there's one car that doesn't need a rear wing, it's mine. The trunk lid has a lip that goes up, almost like a small lip spoiler. I'm not sure if you were kidding or not, but I'd never put any kind of wing or spoiler on my car.
from the side, it looks like it could use a small wing or spoiler (by wing i really meant spoiler). it was also an inside reference to roman's "rims and drop" comments, but i wasn't really kidding.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Here's a better view that shows the "lip" that is built into the trunk lid and wraps into the quarter panels on each side.

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Shadow wrote:Here's a better view that shows the "lip" that is built into the trunk lid and wraps into the quarter panels on each side.

maybe i'm just not used to seeing cars that look like that; kind of strange having worked in rhinebeck all these years with all the nice cars that come through town. that does look nicer from that angle in that last shot.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

potownrob wrote:[]maybe i'm just not used to seeing cars that look like that; kind of strange having worked in rhinebeck all these years with all the nice cars that come through town. that does look nicer from that angle in that last shot.
Whoa whoa whoa you work in rhinebeck?
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed