4onthefloor's new wheels

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Re: 4onthefloor's new wheels

Post by 4onthefloor »

potownrob wrote:did you ever get an intake? i was thinking of just doing a K&N drop-in filter in my 02 but I'm not sure if it is worth it. The car is powerful enough for me as is, but a little more throttle response would be welcome (note: i am still getting used to the gas, brakes, clutch etc.)
I never did an intake. As far as I can tell you get little to no gain on the N/A engines. I can spend my money elsewhere.

Some updates on my car:

1) I'm having some really bad DBW throttle lag. I also have acceleration hesitation under 2500rpm that I suspect is related to the DBW throttle. I'm currently looking into a tune/reflash to see if I can cure this.

2) I installed a new shortshifter and bushings. It didn't do exactly what I was hoping it would, but it's definitely better than it was.

3) I am currently experiencing an intermittent snag with my oil pressure dummy light, so it's coming out. I have an oil pressure gauge on the way.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

4onthefloor wrote:I never did an intake. As far as I can tell you get little to no gain on the N/A engines. I can spend my money elsewhere.

Some updates on my car:

1) I'm having some really bad DBW throttle lag. I also have acceleration hesitation under 2500rpm that I suspect is related to the DBW throttle. I'm currently looking into a tune/reflash to see if I can cure this.
the reason i mention the k&n filter is that it did help with throttle response (along with being able to hear the engine) on my maxima.
2) I installed a new shortshifter and bushings. It didn't do exactly what I was hoping it would, but it's definitely better than it was.
i might do that sometime down the road. i have an ebay round ball leather shiftknob on the way (ordered before i saw the walmart shifter) which will lower the shift height and throw a little; not sure how it will work out though.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter

Post by 4onthefloor »

Here's my plan for the not-too-distant future:

1) Fix the bogging/acceleration hesitation issues (I'm tired of trying various fixes, I'm bringing it to the dealer)

2) Fix the noisy-ass heat shield

3) Install oil pressure gauge (it's on order, just waiting for it to arrive)

4) HIDs

5) Drop (have to look into the best way to do this)

That should about do it for now.

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Please don't do drop in HIDs. At the minimum, halogen projector housing. Those don't have the optimal reflectors but they will not glare into oncoming traffic.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

i think they have factory JDM HIDs for the imprezas, at least they did for the bugeyes
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

I'm assuming he could just get some OEM STI HIDs. They look the same, so maybe they'd fit. That might just be what he's talking about.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter

Post by 4onthefloor »

AHTOXA wrote:Please don't do drop in HIDs. At the minimum, halogen projector housing. Those don't have the optimal reflectors but they will not glare into oncoming traffic.

My OEM headlights are halogen projector housings. Ideally I'd want to get a set of STi housings but that'll get pricey. I'm going to look into retrofitting my current housings or see what some of the other Subarus with HIDs in stock housings looks like.

If I can't do it without causing a lot of glare, it'll stay stock.

For the money I will probably forgo the HIDs and spend the money lowering the car.

JHamilton
Master Standardshifter

Post by JHamilton »

4onthefloor wrote:
potownrob wrote:did you ever get an intake? i was thinking of just doing a K&N drop-in filter in my 02 but I'm not sure if it is worth it. The car is powerful enough for me as is, but a little more throttle response would be welcome (note: i am still getting used to the gas, brakes, clutch etc.)
I never did an intake. As far as I can tell you get little to no gain on the N/A engines. I can spend my money elsewhere.
Do Subies use speed density or MAF tuning?
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6MT
2011 Ram 1500 CC Laramie 4x4
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter

Post by 4onthefloor »

JHamilton wrote:
4onthefloor wrote:
Do Subies use speed density or MAF tuning?
Mine is MAF to the best of my knowledge. I don't know about the WRX/STi engines.

bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

I love the shifter, steering wheel and really everything about the car. Looks good!
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter

Post by 4onthefloor »

I'll post up a video, maybe tomorrow, of the difference between the stock shifter and the shortshifter I put in.

Car is going in next week to fix the aforementioned issues.

I also received my oil pressure gauge and will be posting some pics/vids of the install as soon as I figure out the best way to install it/mount it.

bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

4onthefloor wrote:I'll post up a video, maybe tomorrow, of the difference between the stock shifter and the shortshifter I put in.

I also received my oil pressure gauge and will be posting some pics/vids of the install as soon as I figure out the best way to install it/mount it.
Sweet, you have a youtube account? I like this car..a lot. You are also a good car photographer.

But still got to say I Really like the civic though...4 new tires would kill me on a college student salary.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter

Post by 4onthefloor »

bk7794 wrote:
4onthefloor wrote:I'll post up a video, maybe tomorrow, of the difference between the stock shifter and the shortshifter I put in.

Sweet, you have a youtube account? I like this car..a lot. You are also a good car photographer.

But still got to say I Really like the civic though...4 new tires would kill me on a college student salary.
I do have a youtube account......I just wish I could remember the info to log in.

The pics were just some quick ones that I took with my cell phone camera. Nothing special.

4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter

Post by 4onthefloor »

Just got through installing my oil pressure gauge. It reads a little funny, but as long as I know I've got pressure I'm happy.

bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

4onthefloor wrote:Just got through installing my oil pressure gauge. It reads a little funny, but as long as I know I've got pressure I'm happy.

Looks good!