The Neverending Probelem UPDATED: drag racing stuff from wed

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
blauenlanze
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2017 BMW M240i 6MT

Re: The Neverending Probelem UPDATED: drag racing stuff from wed

Post by blauenlanze »

noob5,000,000 wrote:Not bad, considering the age and everything. I wonder what I'd make on the dyno... probably like 125 rwhp, 37 tq :lol:
18,000 redline yo!
2007 BMW M240i 6MT
2006 Honda S2000 6MT (old)
2001 Honda Prelude SH 5MT (old)
2000 Toyota Camry V6 (old) auto
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

psh... more like 25,000

:lol:
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

i posted the dyno sheet on probetalk and this is the 1st response, by someone who knows their stuff.
dude - that dyno is jacked. Are they increasing load to the point where you're car isn't able to make power? Looks fishy. I've never seen a PGT HP line plateau like that.
either way, i know im putting down more than 150 at the wheels simply because its a mustang dyno, and pure doesnt know anything. im not wasting time and money driving to slowmotion in columbus to put it on a dynojet and get a much more accurate number.

i also had a quick 50 roll rematch with the cobalt i put 1 car on last week. apparently hes learning how to drive or pure blew my car up, we were door to door til we cut it off about 110. supercharged cobalt is a low 14 sec car and my car is 14.6-14.7 how it sits right now, he should have no problem pulling away from me, but i still got the driver mod. if i bothered powershifting id probably pull away by a fender but i normal shifted
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

just made me a short throw. im bored of how my civic sts is stock height and 1/4 shorter throw than stock, so i did some calculations and made me a short throw

from this

to this

should be a big difference. hopefully the welds can hold my ferocious shifting but i have no doubt in them, everything else i welded before is still together, this should be no different.
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

Holy shit that looked long!!!!! should cut ur shifting time down a fair bit..... didn't u have a sts tho???
<3 fwd
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

i have the civic STS but im bored of how its as high as the stock shifter and only 1/4 shorter throw than stock. but for 10 bucks i cant really bitch. also im lazy and i dont feel like moving my wrist thru the full range of motion to shift, id rather shift with my fingertips. like you know i double clutch rev match the overwhelming majority of my downshifts so synchro resistance that people always bitch about with short throws isnt an issue

this should be 3" throw tops. i hope it fits above my exhast lol that would be a fail. im gonna have to go to lowes tomorrow and figure out a way to rig up a shifter bushing kind of thign, except that im not spending 12 dollars on new bushings from mazda. i love how crispy and notchy my civic shifter is and i will not settle for anything less with this shifter.
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
blauenlanze
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2017 BMW M240i 6MT

Post by blauenlanze »

Post a video of your shifting. Just make sure the camera doesn't get knocked over from the jerk. ;)
2007 BMW M240i 6MT
2006 Honda S2000 6MT (old)
2001 Honda Prelude SH 5MT (old)
2000 Toyota Camry V6 (old) auto
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

shifter is in. i might have to pull it back out and bend it back because i didnt think it would be this far forward, and i cant reach the 1,3,5 with my fingertips, and i have to palm the shifter into 5th to not crush my hand on the dash, and i need to be able to full hand grasp it for fast shifting and powershifting and i cant get my hand around the knob in 3rd and 5th. other than that the shifter throw is amazing, it cant be more than 3-3.5 inches between gears. my neutral has more sideways play than my gear to gear throw

this is what it looks like in reverse

3rd gear

4th gear
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Now that's an STS. Yea you need to bend it back a bit.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Yeah, I'd say a good 20* is in order, maybe more.
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

i jacked the car back up and pulled the shifter out. put it in a vise, heated it up with a torch for a few minutes then tried bending it with a piece of pipe. just as my luck would have it i broke it at the weld. no problems, weak spot took care of itself. i chamfered the edges where i had to reweld and solidly welded it back together and put it back in.

now its the same thing except all the shifter action goes on in the back half of the shifter hole. i love it. reverse needs some manpower to get into but thats worth it. now i can shift without lifting my elbow up off the center console. its awesome
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

working on knife edging the intake manifold after the air comes in thru the throttle body. besides the 2 circles that will be knif edged, there are also tons of edges and casting marks and shit within 2 inches of those 2 circles. this will improve the flow a lot when done
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

i think u need to finish the porting and put this head on ur current motor and dyno it again, i'd like to see what hp improvemnt u get. Just cleaning my throttle body and intake manifold gave noticeable differences as they were caked with shit. Are you also going to use a larger throttle body to increase flow?
<3 fwd
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

Bawked wrote:Are you also going to use a larger throttle body to increase flow?
thats a possibility.

im not putting the ported heads on my engine even tho it would make for a nice power gain, i doubt it would be worth it labor wise. heads arent hard but i dont feel like having to spend money on extra head gaskets and the other misc shit

i might rock the ported intake just to see how it feels like when ported and clean on the inside. ill undoubtedly lose bottom end because this intake doesnt have the VRIS stuff, thats in the cirular file right now. i should get at least a few top end horsepowers from the intake because the neck section is ported and flows better. but then again the runners are gonna be ported for the square port heads, and a square volume of air hitting a round hole will just create turbulence and lose power.

if i get in on this cams bulk buy they got on probetalk, ill be more than happy to rock the blower grinds in my engine thats in my car. its gonna be a while before the supercharged project is done, might as well enjoy the strong top end and the cammed out idle of the blower cams even tho they would be in a n/a engine

im pretty sure the ported heads, blower cams, ported intake and possibly a bigger throttle body will flow too good for a M62 to keep up, it would probably only make like 1-2, maybe 3 pounds of boost because the volume of air it would put out would flow right into the engine instead of get hung up in the stock restrictive heads and intake. thats why im gonna have to go with an m90. 10psi on stock heads and 10psi on my ported cammed heads should be a significant difference power wise. pressure is only resistance to flow
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

this is what i woke up to this morning. w00t tires

mounted and all 4 mustang rims cleaned up

nice tread. michelin pilot sport ps2. these will probably blow in the rain but i dont care

i love tearing apart my back brakes to replace lug studs. how fun

w00t 5 lug again

these tires are awesome. front end is glue, and im not gonna drive fast enough to break loose on the side streets in my neighborhood. i love it tho, so much better than the old goodyears and BFGs. should be much more neutral handling with less grippier goodyears on the back, but these michelins are like driving on sandpaper
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr