2014 Civic Si

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

2014 Civic Si

Post by Perpetuus »

I have a 2014 Civic Si to test this week. It has revised front suspension to accomodate the new 18" wheels.

Not sure that I like how the front looks though:

As for the rear, I have no problem with it:
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: 2014 Civic Si

Post by potownrob »

Perpetuus wrote:I have a 2014 Civic Si to test this week. It has revised front suspension to accomodate the new 18" wheels.

Not sure that I like how the front looks though:

As for the rear, I have no problem with it:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

I do say the emergency refresh on the back really did wonders for the current generation.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Not sure I like the front either. That blacked out lower lip doesn't work very well. It makes those huge fog light surrounds 'float' and it's not a good thing.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

When you drive it, you can't see the front or the back.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

That car would look so much better in black....especially in the front where it would blend in nicely with all that black plastic.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Just because I can't Always see my g/f's face in bed, it doesn't mean I want to date a buterface.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Yeah, I am not a fan of the 2-stepped front grille and the black lower piece on the front bumper. Hope it drives all right though. This is the really the sportiest Honda you can buy right now.
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

AHTOXA wrote:Just because I can't Always see my g/f's face in bed, it doesn't mean I want to date a buterface.
That's why DOG invented paper bags....unless she's so ugly that she's a Wolf Woman and when you wake up the next morning with your arms around her, you gnaw off your arms so you won't wake her as you head out of her apartment.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Hmm.. so I have been driving this car for a few days now. I can't say I like it better than the 2013 model, but here is what I noticed:

Less twitchy and better on-center steering feel
Higher cornering speeds possible (tires are 10mm wider each)
The wheels are heavier (18" vs. 17" from before), and this makes the car feel heavier on the road. The car is more planted but feels somewhat funny going over bumps.
The extra 4hp (205 hp vs. 201 hp) was not noticeable.

More pics to come! Sorry, just cell phone pics for now

Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Took my nice camera out today. Just 3 basic pics, but I am happy with them.

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Perpetuus wrote:Took my nice camera out today. Just 3 basic pics, but I am happy with them.
interesting pics (even with the odd composition), car needs car wash though.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

potownrob wrote:
Perpetuus wrote:Took my nice camera out today. Just 3 basic pics, but I am happy with them.
interesting pics (even with the odd composition), car needs car wash though.
I know, car is a little dirty. I've been taking photography courses, you see :wink:

Anyway, I've walked around this car a few times and I think the perspective with the first pic is the way the designers wanted to convey the lines on this car. The completely smooth sloping roof, the large spoiler, and the concave looking wheels are nice touches.

Noticed that unsightly bump underneath the right side mirror? It's the camera for lane changes.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Honda’s Showing Some Fighting Spirit

WardsAuto data confirmed that indeed a new Civic is right around the corner, due in fall 2015 for ’16.

“How odd, but finally Honda’s showing some fighting spirit!” were my first thoughts about the news of a new Civic, a mere four years after the current generation was released.

In the 1980s and 1990s, when Honda became a force in the U.S. auto industry, it had aggressive product lifecycles, with four years between generations of the Civic, routinely the best-selling compact car in the U.S.

But in the past 10 years Honda has lengthened its lifecycles. There was a nearly 6-year gap between the last two Civic generations; the current Honda Pilot CUV has been on the market for 6 years and counting.

http://wardsauto.com/blog/honda-s-showi ... article_14
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

so this is the car i almost got over the accord (?!?!)...i've gotta say the thing was a hoot to drive (granted i didn't drive it nearly as long as perpetuus did, but i did take 2-3 testdrives including one lengthy one), and more comfy and nice riding than I expected. i barely fit in the thing though...in the end, glad i got the accord. 8)