2014 Acura RLX with All-Wheel Steer

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

Re: 2014 Acura RLX with All-Wheel Steer

Post by Perpetuus »

bk7794 wrote:I'm interested knowing about those jewel headlights. How was the light coverage and all that?

Mostly because I find Acuras have some of the hardest to deal with Xenon headlights. Not sure if it's something in how they are aimed but when they drive behind me I feel like they have their high beams on but when they pass the road coverage isn't all that much further than my low beams.
Light coverage was just fine with the jewel headlights. However, from inside the car, it is hard to distinguish them from xenon headlamps.

On that topic, lots of drivers with xenon headlights get flashed at more often than drivers without them. In some cases, it's valid because the headlights were out of adjustment and pointed too high. In other cases, it's a simply matter of driver education (some people are not aware of the brigthness of xenon headlights), or when a car is coming at you while going up a hill, etc.

Also, keep in mind that in North America where we drive on the right hand side of the road, the left headlight beam is aimed lower to not blind incoming drivers, while the right headlight beam is aimed higher for better visibility. I suspect there are scenarios where someone might find themselves on your right hand side (i.e.: coming at you from a left turn, etc.) where the beam might not be so friendly.
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG