BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 UHP Summer

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Re: BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 UHP Summer

Post by six »

SO, after a few days with the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2's, I can safely conclude that these are the best tires I've ever driven on. Granted, I've haven't had much experience with numerous tire brands and specs, but I did have a high-performance car with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's on them, and these tires are better.

Unfortunately, it hasn't rained these past few days, so I can't comment on wet performance, but based on what I experienced, these should easily outperform any tire I've ever driven in the rain.

Dry Performance - One word: prodigious. Tons of grip and stability, something that is very important with a car like mine (large, powerful FWDer). During wide sweeping curves, I don't get any "squirreling" or understeer. Super stable, inspires a lot of confidence, and great feedback. Does not "track" road grooves or dug-in lines on the road. Gobs of grip during acceleration, no chirping, no wheel spinning. Got a bit of wheel-hop a few times. Braking noticeably improved, with no trembling or "nervousness." The squirelling, tracking, chirping, trembling were all present with my previous set of tires. They're all gone.

Ride - Believe it or not, the ride is great. Never harsh or punishing. With my previous set of tires, going over train tracks at a crossing would jar your teeth loose; not with the BFG's. The BFG's are composed, quiet, and well behaved at highway cruising speeds. However, when you want it, push the tires and they deliver. They're like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Nice and comfy when you want it, and a road carving demon when you need it. I have never encountered a set of tires that can do this well. The BFGs achieved it. Unbelievable.

Noise - Much quieter than I expected. Goes hand-in-hand with the ride described above. Given the performance of the tires, I would tolerate a substantial amount of noise. Glad I don't have to make the sacrifice. I know Bridgestone Potenzas are known for their noise. I had a set of Potenzas before, three times as loud as these.

Price - At $138 each, it's a steal for the performance and quality of the tires. Unbelievable again.

With the g-Force Sport COMP-2, it's like the tires are now an extension of you. It's hard to describe. You don't really "notice" the tires anymore. With the BFG's on, the car now just does whatever you want it to do. You're not constantly reminded that you have high-performance tires on your car everytime you encounter a bump or imperfection. They're forgiving when you make a mistake, but certainly delivers perfectly whenever you need it to. I still can't believe that they can achieve this amount of performance with the great ride with one set of tires. Now I know why they're ranked #1 on TireRack. Dare I say it, it's Tire Perfection. :) :) :) :)

P.S. For those of you with the previous generation g-Force Sports (which are fantastic tires in their own right)... now I haven't had any experience with the g-Force Sports, but from what I read, if you like the g-Force Sports, just wait until you try the COMP-2's.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

six wrote:Dry Performance - One word: prodigious. Tons of grip and stability, something that is very important with a car like mine (large, powerful FWDer). During wide sweeping curves, I don't get any "squirreling" or understeer. Super stable, inspires a lot of confidence, and great feedback. Does not "track" road grooves or dug-in lines on the road. Gobs of grip during acceleration, no chirping, no wheel spinning. Got a bit of wheel-hop a few times. Braking noticeably improved, with no trembling or "nervousness." The squirelling, tracking, chirping, trembling were all present with my previous set of tires. They're all gone.
How are they as you push them beyond their limit? Predictable and recoverable? No warning, sudden snap loss of control?
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
six
Master Standardshifter

Post by six »

theholycow wrote:How are they as you push them beyond their limit? Predictable and recoverable? No warning, sudden snap loss of control?
Quite forgiving. They give a lot of useful feedback. I can "tell" that I am approaching the limit before I reach it, and when I break through the limit, the tires give me enough confidence to correct quickly. Also does very well with rapid transitions. The driveway to my parents house is located right at the edge of the street, so after a quick left turn, I snap to a quick right turn. Very responsive, like a slot-car. The Generals I had felt "sloppy" compared to these.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

six wrote:
theholycow wrote:How are they as you push them beyond their limit? Predictable and recoverable? No warning, sudden snap loss of control?
Quite forgiving. They give a lot of useful feedback. I can "tell" that I am approaching the limit before I reach it, and when I break through the limit,.....
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
six
Master Standardshifter

Post by six »

LOL :lol: :lol: