Timberland Madison Summit Boots Review

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Timberland Madison Summit Boots Review

Post by potownrob »

I've had a pair of these since late September/early October, and just picked up a new pair in Black. This is one of the most durable boots I've had, wearing it day in and day out for work and just all over.

Performance: 8/10
Other than a little slippage here and there, these are high performing boots!! I haven't untied them since the first week I got them; just slip them on and off. Not too heavy and direct enough to be able to modulate a clutch, brake and throttle pedal without too much drama. Probably not the best hiking boots or the best for running from the cops, but I try to stay away from aggressive tread patterns and neon running shoes so they look better at work. Most of my shoes and boots get worn out quicker, the sole separating from the shoe body, the shoe looking ragged, the leather ripping especially on the toe, the inside of the shoe looking like it got bombed, the heel getting worn at an angle (since apparently i walk funny), etc., but these have held up way better, especially for 6 months of daily usage - only real wear has been to the outside of the body from rubbing into things, and it's not even that bad; i could still make them look very presentable for most situations with a good cleaning and polishing.
Features: 9/10
They're boots. They have laces (not that I use them), solid sole, nice elastic thing on the back that helps me put them on easy, they're short enough I don't have to untie them.
Comfort: 7/10
Very comfy for boots, let alone boots that hold up to this kind of usage. Not the softest heel padding or whatever it's called, but WAY better than real dress shoes/boots and noticeably more comfy than my Timberland Pro boots. Not as comfy as most Sketchers or Dr. Scholls or other bootleg boots I've had, but those would've looked like bum shoes 2 months ago (they do NOT hold up!!).
Economy: 9/10
They cost me 69 USD (at DSW) and they were worth every penny and then some. I could've gotten a cheaper boot, but I would've had to replace it much sooner. The new black pair cost the same except now they charge tax on boots, so I paid like $75. I know they will last just as long, and I can still use the old ones when I'm not working at the hotel (or if I stop being lazy and polish them).
Interior: 7/10
Not the most comfy padding but not bad, no wheres as bad as dress boots. Inside wear has been minimal - the Timberland got worn off the bottom, but the inside walls look good still.
FOSE: 9/10
I'd probably get some if I came out from behind that desk and they saw my boots
Overall: 8/10
Get Some!! :D 8) :o
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Re: Timberland Madison Summit Boots Review

Post by 4onthefloor »

I wear a pair of these bad boys for work:

but I have to take my shoes with me too because I can't feel the clutch. I used to drive in my old boots, but as soon as I got these I either stalled all the time or just cooked the clutch to all hell.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I would disagree with your features rating. A well-featured pair of boots has steel toes, steel sole insert, are waterproof, have a slip-resistant tread, etc. I dont buy boots without at the very least steel toes and waterproofing.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote:I would disagree with your features rating. A well-featured pair of boots has steel toes, steel sole insert, are waterproof, have a slip-resistant tread, etc. I dont buy boots without at the very least steel toes and waterproofing.
that depends on what you need in a boot - for service industry and general usage (i don't do construction or work too much on cars), they have all the features i could need other than maybe waterproofing; steel toes would get in the way of what i wear them for, weighing them down, etc.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I dont even feel the extra weight.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote:I dont even feel the extra weight.
you probably got used to it. if i put on my timberland pros, let's just say i'm not going to be moving very quick or comfortably :lol: :o :twisted:
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I use hi-tech altitude 4 as my hiking boots. Super grip and ankle support when going gets rocky.

'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

AHTOXA wrote:I use hi-tech altitude 4 as my hiking boots. Super grip and ankle support when going gets rocky.

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&s ... h=221#i=11
Fixed your link.

Hi-Tec makes good stuff, including my favorite light-duty casual hiking boots. I don't see anything remotely resembling them on their website so I guess they haven't made them for many years. I love mine but don't want to beat them up so I basically only wear them on vacation. They're lightweight, fit perfectly, and not as hot/unbreathable as most non-sandal footwear.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD