Burger King Rodeo Cheeseburger

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Burger King Rodeo Cheeseburger

Post by theholycow »

I was hungry and broke. I had to eat soon and I had to get it cheap. Burger King was right there. I almost never eat at BK but it made sense.

Here is a photo of what appears to be a plastic mockup of a Rodeo Cheeseburger.

I like the Rodeo Cheeseburger, which in the past I've gotten as a supplement to a combo meal with a larger sandwich. I was trying to keep the cost down so I just got 3 Rodeo Cheeseburgers instead...no larger sandwich, no fries, etc.

The Rodeo Cheeseburger, for those not in the know, is assembled from the following components:
1. Bun bottom
2. BK's non-Whopper-sized patty
3. Cheese
4. Onion rings
5. Barbecue sauce
6. Bun top

I ate them and felt ok about it. For some reason the wife wanted me to keep driving so I ate while I drove. I got barbecue on my steering wheel and shifter. I tried to wipe it off the shifter with a napkin but that just left little bits of napkin stuck to the shifter.

An hour later it hit me...a wall of tired. I plopped onto the couch and stayed there for hours, looking longingly at the beautiful perfect weather outside but not able to muster up the strength to get up and do stuff.

Practicality: 3. Convenient, easy to eat one-handed, but can be messy.

Economy: 3. They used to be $1, now they're $1.19. Their diminutive size means that a fat guy like me needs a few.

Power: 5. They have the power to knock a 220 pound man onto the couch and hold him down.

Reliability: 5. They kept me down for hours.

Feasibility of sexual encounters: 0. Forget it, have to do it another day if you've eaten these.

Taste: 4. They're actually quite good...for BK.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Re: Burger King Rodeo Cheeseburger

Post by 4onthefloor »

As much as I try to avoid it, I sometimes eat BK at work. There isn't much in the terminal to eat and if I don't bring a lunch for night shifts I don't have time to go anywhere else.

It never ends well. I always go back to work feeling dopey and with mad gut-rot.

I don't think we have the Rodeo Cheeseburger up here though.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

single stacker ftw
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

when you order from BK you have to ask that everythings fresh. it takes awhile longer to get your food but everything is 100% completely edible. i used to work at BK and i can say from experience that the majority of the people that work there dont want to cook more burgers if they have to. unless its extremely busy, the food your getting isnt fresh.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

LHOswald wrote:when you order from BK you have to ask that everythings fresh. it takes awhile longer to get your food but everything is 100% completely edible. i used to work at BK and i can say from experience that the majority of the people that work there dont want to cook more burgers if they have to. unless its extremely busy, the food your getting isnt fresh.
mcdonald's is the same way - those burgers and other patties sit in the trays for a long time - they're supposed to pull them every half hour or so but this probably doesn't happen, and it DEFINITELY didn't happen back when i worked there... :lol: :? :shock: :) :mrgreen:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

The wife was having 3 too. Our order of 6 seemed to cause them to be cooked fresh...it took forever and they tasted fresh.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Greatest cheeseburger a buck twenty-nine can buy :lol: .
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

I try to avoid fast food such as that of the hamboygah joints. And Taco Bell.

Back when I had a gallbladder, I could eat BK or McD's or Wendy's without so much of an issue (in college when I didn't feel like eating a two-side one course meal, I'd have a hamburger with fries...and then ice cream...and then a 1/2 hour on my bike..massive gut-rot...)...last time I tried to eat a hamburger (post gallbladder removal), couldn't finish it, and afterwards, my body was telling me it didn't like it. Sooo...Subway or a salad...or chicken nuggets.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I saw no Rodeo Burger at the local BK. Must come with living too close to Canada, eh?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Chris H. wrote:I try to avoid fast food such as that of the hamboygah joints. And Taco Bell.

Back when I had a gallbladder, I could eat BK or McD's or Wendy's without so much of an issue (in college when I didn't feel like eating a two-side one course meal, I'd have a hamburger with fries...and then ice cream...and then a 1/2 hour on my bike..massive gut-rot...)...last time I tried to eat a hamburger (post gallbladder removal), couldn't finish it, and afterwards, my body was telling me it didn't like it. Sooo...Subway or a salad...or chicken nuggets.
I'm trying to give up FF for a while. It's been 3 days. I have noticed since making my own lunch, I don't feel bogged down anymore though.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

FDSpirit wrote:I have noticed since making my own lunch, I don't feel bogged down anymore though.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Image

Can I haz mud (and the Jeep...and the girl?)
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Wouldnt get stuck if it had real tires on it...
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Word. Bit of a lift never hurt a jeep either.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

theholycow wrote:The wife was having 3 too. Our order of 6 seemed to cause them to be cooked fresh...it took forever and they tasted fresh.
the way that BK works is they throw 10 1\10lbs patties through a conveyer-type grill system that cooks them evenly on both sides while leaving grill marks only on one side. after they go through the conveyer cooker they drop into a greasey ass pan that never gets washed (and all the grease from every burger that gets cooked drops into there) and then from there gets put into a plastic tray that sits inbetween (basically) two hot plates that keep them warm enough to serve constantly. a rodeo burger is different from other burgers because of the onion rings really. the onion rings are the WORST things to get from BK unless you order them fresh. onion rings sit in the same metal contraption that the fries sit in, but theres a divider that splits it into 1\5 4\5. 4\5 is fries, 1\5 is onion rings (ever wonder why you always get that one onion ring in your fries? its because they basically keep them in the same container). the fries are only allowed to sit there for 10 minutes before they have to be thrown out, and at the BK i worked at, that always happened, the fries were never allowed to sit there for 10 minutes...because theres an automatic timer set that beeps like a MOFO if you dont change the fries out. the onion rings on the other hand do not, and usually end up sitting there for an hour before they're changed out.

needless to say, make sure EVERYTHING is fresh when you get something at a fast food restaurant. just because the bun is fresh and the patty is fresh, does not mean that everything on the burger is fresh...