2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Manual

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
Supe
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Manual

Post by Supe »

I've always wanted to write a review for my car so here goes.

What was I looking for? Graduating from University and working in a professional field I wanted something practical, respectable and something with some power but something within my means. I wanted the four doors, and of course the one thing I kept in mind was it had to be stick.

My decision came down to the accord and the altima. Very close but I went with the altima. What won me over was a few things. I didnt like getting the accord knowing that a new model was due the next year. I liked the styling better (a very personal preference) and the options in the altima by far beats the accord.

Under the hood
This is a major winning point for the altima. It pushes 270 hp which is more then enough for me. One time on a highway I went to pass on a single lane and noticed 6 cars in front, so seeing that the road was clear I decided to pass them all. It was easy, quick, and by the time i passed the car in front I was going 160 km/h, oops :) The car is fast. Its a very easy drive in that the car sometimes feels like it drives itself, so despite the big engine its not exactly a performance type car (something that might change after a few mods).

As far as fuel economy, I get 11 L/100km which is below the posted economy. But personally fuel economy wasnt ever a major priority or I would have got the 4 cylinder.

Inside
This is where a lot of the fun is. I greatly appreciate how well the bluetooth setup works in this car. People on the other line dont even know its a hands free system. The 7.1 speaker system is a nice touch. There is a center channel on the dash which actually makes a major difference. The absolute best feature of this car is the keyless everything. You walk up to the door or trunk press the button and you're in. Get inside press the starter and go. You never take your keys out, ever. And the kicker, if you put your keys in your car and lock the door, it starts beeping and wont lock. You just cant lock your keys in your car or trunk.

I do wish that I got the nav unit. The quirky thing about Nissan is you cant get the nav unit if you get the manual transmission. Thinking about going aftermarket but dont want to lose or replace the great bluetooth system I mentioned.

Conclusion
After almost 2 years of owning this car, my conclusion is that I love it. I've had zero problems with the car since I've got it. If you're wanting a sedan that still has a sporty feel to it, the altima is a great car. Nissan really did a good job here.
Last edited by Supe on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Re: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Manual

Post by theholycow »

Wow, 270hp, manual transmission, and 3300 pound curb weight. Nice combination for the price. Make it RWD and I'm sold.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

the only thing that bothers me about these cars is how the rear sags down a lot so it looks like you're driving around dead bodies in your trunk. seems to be common with the newer altimas/maximas. if i remember correctly, the old 4runners had similar issues.

aside from that, i really like these cars. have any pics to share?
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
Supe
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Post by Supe »

You got it, I didnt want to bag on my car too much because I love it, but that is the number one thing that bothers me about the car, is the front wheel gap. Its funny because you only know if you're a car person. I mentioned it to my gf and she thinks im crazy that I even care. But once the guys on the altima boards pointed it out, the car looks like its pointing to the sky.

But really, if you're biggest gripe is something aesthetic, thats not bad. And its not something that an aftermarket mod cant fix, waiting for coilovers to come out :lol:
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

I'd guess that it's for the aforementioned functional reason, plus people wanting "Cali lean", which is apparently stylish.

permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

theholycow wrote:Make it RWD and I'm sold.
they do, its called 350z or a G35

VQ sound FTW
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

i dunno what your listening to Ashish, VQs sound amazing. the more exahust you take off, the better it sounds

G35 no mufflers. sound incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiIatI3MPWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbWrGfoqQ9o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKaJkM5zRQw

i wish KLs would sound like the first vid does. nissan stole the awesome KL sound from mazda, but they kinda improved it in some areas and made it worse in some areas. im still partial to the KL exhaust lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asMEKqFnglk&fmt=18
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

permabanned wrote:
theholycow wrote:Make it RWD and I'm sold.
they do, its called 350z or a G35
I was talking about the Altima. If we're going to talk about other models, I'd need to post more specifications.

Not that I wouldn't roll either of those cars, but here's disadvantages they have for me (just quick thoughts off the top of my head) vs. the Altima:
Price
Insurance
Practicality (350z)
Turns heads (I prefer a sleeper)
permabanned wrote:i dunno what your listening to Ashish, VQs sound amazing. the more exahust you take off, the better it sounds

G35 no mufflers. sound incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiIatI3MPWs
:lol: That's supposed to sound good? It gave me flashbacks of installing drywall with one of these:

Classic American V8 sound for me, thanks. That, or so quiet that nobody will notice. My VW's sound embarasses me.