1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 2.5L Manual

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
ihartmacz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Mustang Coupe

1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 2.5L Manual

Post by ihartmacz »

Performance: -3
Handling: -10
Practicality: Gay
Reliability: 3
Cost to own: 5
Feasibility of Sexual Encounters: 0

Performance: Hahaha. As standard the Jeep Wrangler comes with a AMC 2.5L i4 connected to a manual transmission (automatics are made by Ford and use motorcraft starters). It produces around 100hp and 135ft-lbs or torque. It doesn't like revving above 3,00RPM and is NOT smooth at all. I know the Jeep is not a performer, but SHIT, it's slow as BALLS.

The optional inline 6 is probably much better and more refined. Both are pushrod 2-valve engines.

Handling: What do you expect? Seriously.... It seems like it rolls and stays flat at the same time, very odd to corner in at above 15mph. But it's not made for that.

It's good off road with it's 4x4ness.

Practicality: Two cup holders and a clock.

Reliability: Usually it's fine, but it's gone through a starter every year that we've had it (since 1987).

Cost to own: my sister got it to do 25mpg. parts are cheap, kinda.

Feasibility of Sexual Encounters: You're more likely to pick up a chick in a Jeep, but it'll probably be impossible to have good sex with her inside of it.
1998 Ford Mustang
3.8L V6 AKA "Essex"
"Hot Doritos"
PILL
Senior Standardshifter

Re: 1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 2.5L Manual

Post by PILL »

It's a Jeep, what do you expect? That's why they are a niche market.
ihartmacz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Mustang Coupe

Post by ihartmacz »

Eh, I know. It's not like the newer ones which are made more for the everyday person than for an enthusiast.
1998 Ford Mustang
3.8L V6 AKA "Essex"
"Hot Doritos"
PILL
Senior Standardshifter

Post by PILL »

ihartmacz wrote:Eh, I know. It's not like the newer ones which are made more for the everyday person than for an enthusiast.
Yep, the new ones are a lot more refined, but are still pretty rough compared to any other vehicle you would but these days.