Cusco Lower Control Arm Braces

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Cusco Lower Control Arm Braces

Post by Standardshifter »

4/5

I've got the front and rear Cusco lower arm braces on my Legacy GT a few months after I bought the car back in late 2004.

Not one for bling at all, and most Subaru folks state that with the strut supports so close to the firewall, there really isn't any need for any type of brace. But I plan on keeping the car for a long time, and slowly do more racing-type events with it. These braces bolt in multiple places which I would think would offer more of an improvement versus the single point top braces, and they are under the car, so I don't get harassed for ricing out the engine bay. :P Figure might as well keep the chassis as close to factory tight as can be from the beginning, so on they went.

Can feel a slight difference with the braces over bumps. More of a thunk from the suspension/tires, they are certainly working harder, a good thing. Car feels a little more settled on a bumpy corners as well. Haven't run hot into any corners, so I can't say if balance/steering feel has been changed at all, but it does feel a little different...hard to describe. Could I pass a double-blind test? Probably. Is it a big difference? No.

-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Re: Cusco Lower Control Arm Braces

Post by VTECaddict »

i'd consider getting this for my car, but it bolts to the frame rails where i scrape sometimes. i dont want something to reduce clearance even more. :(
2006 BMW 330i 6MT