70hp, baby 8)

*goes off to the corner to cry*
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

Ironichumour wrote:70hp, baby 8)

*goes off to the corner to cry*
wow...i thought i had low hp...:( sorry...:lol:

i now know what you (and others) mean when you can't accelerate fast enough...

i wish i had a stick...lol
Prodigal Son
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Jetta, 2004 Miata

Post by Prodigal Son »

70 hp + MT > 82 hp + AT
Just some guy on the Internet. Heed with care.
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

Yeah, because even though my hp is that low, I can make better use of what I do have with the standard than if it was a slushie....oh God, it wouldn't move at all if it was!! :shock:

Meh...at least both our vehicles (I say "vehicle" because mine is definitely an overgrown lawnmower rather than a car) move....somewhat :lol:
Prodigal Son
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Jetta, 2004 Miata

Post by Prodigal Son »

Ironichumour wrote:Yeah, because even though my hp is that low, I can make better use of what I do have with the standard than if it was a slushie.
If I had a second car for fun (which I don't and probably never will) it would be something with less than 80hp. That is a car that you can drive to its limit, and in which you can push yourself to your limits, all without breaking the speed limit. If the point is to master the machine, a low power car makes it possible to actually master it, and tease out out it the full limits of its capability, without breaking laws, limbs, of bank accounts.

Of course, if the point is to go from 0 to 60 in the shortest time possible, then you would want something else.
Just some guy on the Internet. Heed with care.
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

I absolutely agree with you, Prodigal. I'm actually very happy that I've done this much learning on the Civic. I've discussed it with my dad, and the purchase of that particular car was not an accident. However, even he agrees that I am ready to move on to a more powerful car at this point so that I can continue learning new things. Not that either of my parents are going to pay for a car for me, though...in fact, my mom is keeping the CX now and I only get to drive it when I visit every few weekends. Oh well :lol:

I kinda wish it was worth it to do an engine swap and everything with the Civic. Something I love about that car is the simplicity of it....no ABS, no power steering (or power anything haha)...and the fun handling of a hatchback. I love that feeling of being in tune with the car and the road and just driving...wow lol I'm probably sounding cheesy now. But anyway, if it had more power, better brakes, suspension etc...I think I would really have a lot of fun with it and not get frustrated as I sometimes do now.
violinandbass87

Prodigal Son wrote:70 hp + MT > 82 hp + AT
yeps.....

:cry:

*goes off to ironic's corner and cries*
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

^ Not a bad corner, eh? I've even got some pillows and stuff there...yeah the crying sucks, but at least it's in comfort!

Sorry....I've been studying for the past 7 hours or so and I think I'm finally going insane.
violinandbass87

Ironichumour wrote:^ Not a bad corner, eh? I've even got some pillows and stuff there...yeah the crying sucks, but at least it's in comfort!

Sorry....I've been studying for the past 7 hours or so and I think I'm finally going insane.
it is comfy...thanks!

its ok ironic...everyone is entitled to go crayz after 7 hours of studying....:shock:
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

I bet Ironic's Civic CX would beat my Hybrid in any kind of race. My car might have 15 more horsepower, but weighs nearly 700 pounds more. Cars this slow should be illegal.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Different speeds can feel the same depending on what kind of car your in. I think the best rush is when your going so fast that your car starts to fall apart, that'll get ur blood rushing.
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
Trinsic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Trinsic »

50 HP and a five speed. This three banger needs to scream to make power, so it scoots pretty decently when I wind it up. If it had an AT, it would never rev above 3 grand and it would move like a brick... Which it's not at only 1700 pounds. :wink:

What do you low HP bruthahs and sistahs drive? :lol:

My lightweight tin can is in my sig. 1995 Metro 2 door.

And if it'll make you feel better, the first Porsches had less HP and weighed more than our cars. :P
Hey, it's faster than a Porsche 914. :P
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

95 Civic CX...I've taken to calling it the "green beast" (when I'm not calling it an overgrown lawnmower lol)
violinandbass87

if ironic and i (70 and 82 hp respectivly; stick and auto respectivly) were to race...she'd win, right?
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I'd put my money on ironic on that race. Especially if it was a real race, not drag stuff, just for the sheer advantages of a stick.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs