best way to speed

1320 feet of adrenaline
Junior Standardshifter

best way to speed

Post by newbie »

what is the best way to drag or drive fast...

what im basically asking is ...wat is the best way to upshift when drag racing... or trying to drive heaps fast
Froz3n00
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Froz3n00 »

just like normal, but at redline

oh... and to start... rev to about 3000-4000 rpm, and then just drop the clutch (let it out really fast) then floor it
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

go for a hard launch... if your draging look at your trachometer(you need this if your draging so if you don't have one get it and make sure it's calibrated to your engine) just like froz3en00 said shift at redline or just before the redline

but

if you just like to drive fast and your not draging just rev high...somewhere about 3000-4000 rpm(depending on your car) or listen to your engine roar(listen to the sound in the videos... especially the "putting it all part 1 & 2" and the two new video if you don't know how to "listen" to your engine and if you don't have trachometer)
:twisted:
craz1337
Junior Standardshifter

powershift

Post by craz1337 »

If you reall really really want to drive fast and you have a good car that can take some abuse... dont let off the gas when you clutch... just keep the gas down full and do everything else normally... clutch, shift gear, let off on clutch(but this causes huge amounts of wear on the clutch because the engine is still applying large amounts of force while its slipping).

Otherwise get within 1000 RPM of your redline(or if you're really crazy even higher... dont blame me if you pop something in your engine or throw a belt) if you dont have a tachometer then find the gear ratios to calculate the shift points based on speed.(or buy an aftermarket tachometer, some of them even come with racing shift lights-- light comes on when its time to shfit)
hardcorePLUR
Junior Standardshifter

Post by hardcorePLUR »

to get the true power out of your vehicle, know it like the back of your hand. turn off your backstreet boys cd, stop babying yourself with the AC, open your windows and listen to the roar of the engine. notice the rpms when you get the extra kick of power from the car. then figure out where you have to shift to get your car back to the maxium power rpms range. you can also look at the specs on your car to see the max output for your engine (this will not work if you have modded your car, unless you have put it on a dymo). remember the sounds also so you aren't looking at the tactometer (if you are going over 100mph, you can travel over 100 ft in a sec, a lot can happen in 100 ft). BTW don't be stupid. practice driving on a go-kart course to get your reaction time up, and play Need for Speed: Underground, it can be some of the best training for reaction time.
TIMING IS EVERYTHING. a tenth of a second at 100mph is 14.7ft, that's a car lenght!
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE.
"burn the tires and light the fires" -indepence day
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

yhea i think the video games help but you just can't feel it in reality. i mean like your running 200+km/h on the road you see the car run the background blur you hit the nitro but you don't really "feel" the speed.. it's totaly diffrent..
Junior Standardshifter

Post by newbie »

i want to shift quickly...but the thing is my gears are really hard to put in...like the gear stick is really stiff and like stiff to move around...

is there anyway i can fix this
The YoYo Freak
Junior Standardshifter

Post by The YoYo Freak »

You're going to have to get a short-throw shifter to be able to shift the lever quicker. I know that on my car, the shift lever can only be forced so quick, or else you'll grind the gears.

I don't really see the point in trying to drive really fast anyways. Speed limits are there for a reason, you know.

Jared
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

try double clutching
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

Ha...........there is a simple reason some people like to drive fast: THEY LIKE THE FEELING OF IT :wink: !
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

i think it's the need for speed feeling
mulvihill
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mulvihill »

So you mean to say that if i sit on my ass and play need for speed i can train? sweeet :lol:
0-60 in.......still counting....
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

I don't like to drive fast. I like to accelerate fast.

Driving too fast can be dangerous. Accelerating fast is fun :)
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

NonChalant wrote:Accelerating fast is fun :)
Amen to that! AWD FTW
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Prodigal Son
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Jetta, 2004 Miata

Post by Prodigal Son »

NonChalant wrote:I don't like to drive fast. I like to accelerate fast.

Driving too fast can be dangerous. Accelerating fast is fun :)
I've never understood the attraction of pure acceleration. The attraction of speed I understand, though I am largely past the age at which I feel it, but the attraction of mere acceleration escapes me entirely. Where's the jollies in it?
Just some guy on the Internet. Heed with care.