Do stickers really add HP?

1320 feet of adrenaline
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Re: Do stickers really add HP?

Post by coolguy »

mesaboogie18 wrote: I had a state farm insurance sticker on my old car and I swear it slowed it down. I took it off one day and my car felt like it had 100 extra horses on tap. Maybe a streetglow sticker on my front windshield will help increase aerodynamics while I'm at it.
Now take that oil change reminder sticker OFF too then you will have a total of 200 extra horses on tap! :idea:
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Since it's friday

02SATURN5SPD
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 02SATURN5SPD »

K&N filter only adds HP if you put the sticker that came with it on the window.
I transferred the K&N filter from my previous Saturn ATX to my "new" Saturn MTX. Running it incognito. No sticker. No added HP.
02SATURN5SPD
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 02SATURN5SPD »

No need for oil change sticker. My car has an Oil Life Monitor. "Change Oil Soon" flashes on the dash. I let it go past the 3k interval on my 2000 Saturn after 100k. 90% freeway driving (6k interval). Light flashed around 5.5k. Still ran strong at 219k. Got a coupe. Couldn't take ATX any longer and got the MTX car.

I'm not driving nearly that much on the freeway these days with my current Saturn. I'll have the oil changed at 3k just to keep the extended warranty people happy. Then spread it out longer depending on my hwy/city driving. I get-r-done at a Valvoline quick oil change place. Valvoline Durablend 5w30.
02SATURN5SPD
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 02SATURN5SPD »

Why Durablend you might ask? I get a $7 Valvoline rebate on every oil change that brings the cost down to what the regular All-Climate goes for. Win-Win.

I had the "710" changed last weekend. Mailed in the rebate. I'll get a $7 check in 6 to 8 weeks.

Take the check to the bank and have the teller say "Well, well, sir! We'll need TWO signatures on a check THAT size." - Bill Engvall

JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

i get a 75 percent discount on all oils from working at jiffy lube. now thats a deal
02SATURN5SPD
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 02SATURN5SPD »

dklkse wrote:
Paolo300zx wrote:This thread makes me want to Punch a baby :x
Makes me want to punch a clown. :lol:
02SATURN5SPD
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 02SATURN5SPD »

scion_xA_gf wrote:
six wrote:Happy Friday, folks. :lol:
haven't had a friday post in a while...what happened?

i'm thinking of putting little heart stickers on my car...how much hp do u think they'll add? i'm thinking of putting them on the car on the inside tho...don't wanna mess up my paint :lol:
Just don't let your BF drive the car or people will get the wrong idea.

A guy's wife at work sells Mary Kay Cosmetics. Nothing humiliates a man more than driving a pink car to work when his pickup won't start.

I feel bad for Hamster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hobjuxi3pxI
02SATURN5SPD
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 02SATURN5SPD »

This post intentionally left blank
ptcroozer
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ptcroozer »

JackBauer wrote:i get a 75 percent discount on all oils from working at jiffy lube. now thats a deal
yeah but how often do you change your oil? why don't you stock up on it and resell it to SS members? :wink:
this is my regularly scheduled monthly post.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

I change oil every 5000 miles. Hey- i don't mind helping you guys out, if you want, just mail me the money and i can sell you synthetic for the price of regular.
ptcroozer
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ptcroozer »

is Jiffy Lube crazy... you could turn around and sell that oil to everyone you know and it will cost them a fortune. there's no point to mailing it across the country, but it sounds like all I need to do is find someone who works at a local Jiffy Lube if they're all doing that. if I can get oil at a deep discount I might start finding other uses for it... hey I just suddenly remembered that I've always wanted to have a fried turkey for christmas :)
this is my regularly scheduled monthly post.
Gish
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Gish »

Oh, don't forget to add conflicting stickers, such as NOS, ZEX, and other nitrous stickers all on one car. People will think you have 12 different nitrous systems, so will leave you alone.
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by initialeclipseshift »

Mustang GT40 wrote:Oh, don't forget to add conflicting stickers, such as NOS, ZEX, and other nitrous stickers all on one car. People will think you have 12 different nitrous systems, so will leave you alone.
lol dont 4get the NXE stickers
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

what are you talking about guys? Fake thread, psh yeah right. Those stickers are the most powerful mods you'll ever see. Especially when you put nismo stickers on your riced out CRX, thats good for like 80hp per. Don't take my word for it, just ask anyone.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs