Do stickers really add HP?

1320 feet of adrenaline
mesaboogie18
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T 5speed

Do stickers really add HP?

Post by mesaboogie18 »

So let me get this straight b/c I've read many reviews about NOS and XR racing stickers adding like 50-100hp. Is it true? Cause I've seen lots of cars around here on the island with racing stickers on the windshield and they always fly right by me and my stock little Hyundai...I can't keep up with them. I'm thinking of adding a NOS sticker on my back windshield. Does the size of the sticker make a difference of HP? I had a state farm insurance sticker on my old car and I swear it slowed it down. I took it off one day and my car felt like it had 100 extra horses on tap. Maybe a streetglow sticker on my front windshield will help increase aerodynamics while I'm at it. Everyone says that Nitrous is the cheapest way to go fast but I think I'll try the stickers first. How much extra power will stickers give my car? Can adding too many stickers blow my engine?
2004 VW GTI 1.8T

"Forgiveness is between them and God...I arrange the meeting"
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

just stick with name brand logos an you should be fine. dont stick stickers of generic or cheap brand names. the power potential with stickers is almost unlimited, but you have to keep in mind that you still need to see out the windows. that's probably the only limiting factor. Type R and VTEC stickers should be #1 on your list. they add 50hp each and will make your car run like a honda. then go with a name brand suspension company sticker like TEIN or eibach or Koni, or maybe even all three. they will improve handling a lot while adding 10hp each.

these are just some suggestions. there are many many logos to chose from!
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

go for aftermarket names like HKS, GReddy, NOS etc.

basically the stickers are a great subtitute for the products made by each company; an HKS or GReddy turbo kit or a nitrous oxide set up etc etc.

each sticker is a great bargain considering the price you pay for such huge gains.

dont forget to get yourself a proper tune after you add your stickers to maximize output and efficiency of the new horses in your ranch.
FREE ROMAN!
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

you can also improve your stereo sound by adding Kenwood or JL or Polk etc stickers. no hp gains but you get about 20 watts RMS extra for each sticker. put on enough and you can shake the wheels off it!

oh and if you get one of those "thin blue line" stickers you become invisible to the police, allowing you to drive however the hell you feel like it. i need to get one of those for sure!
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Hell, I've taken to putting GNC and Atkins stickers all over my body just so that I'm 10-15% healthier and can bench 30-40 more lbs!
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

Johnf514 wrote:Hell, I've taken to putting GNC and Atkins stickers all over my body just so that I'm 10-15% healthier and can bench 30-40 more lbs!
brilliant. 8)

off topic: A King's Ransom pwns.
FREE ROMAN!
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Not just brand names either. VTEC, VVT-i, MIVEC, Hemi, Turbo, GT-R, SS, and Type-R stickers have been known to add 50-100 HP. My goal is to have every one of these stickers on my car. 1,000 quick HP with nothing but glue.

BTW, what's a "thin blue line" sticker, and where can I get one??
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

subzero wrote: off topic: A King's Ransom pwns.
Dude! Thank you, I'm so glad ya like it. Feel free to add me/us/the band on MySpace. We're looking to start doing state-wide shows in the next month, and hopefully an album by April/May. Maybe even a nation-wide tour by late summer if all goes well! :D
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

Johnf514 wrote:
subzero wrote: off topic: A King's Ransom pwns.
Dude! Thank you, I'm so glad ya like it. Feel free to add me/us/the band on MySpace. We're looking to start doing state-wide shows in the next month, and hopefully an album by April/May. Maybe even a nation-wide tour by late summer if all goes well! :D
:shock:

john's a touring rockstar? sweet!

:lol:
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

This thread makes me want to Punch a baby :x
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

Paolo300zx wrote:This thread makes me want to Punch a baby :x
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Happy Friday, folks. :lol:
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

six wrote:Happy Friday, folks. :lol:
haven't had a friday post in a while...what happened?

i'm thinking of putting little heart stickers on my car...how much hp do u think they'll add? i'm thinking of putting them on the car on the inside tho...don't wanna mess up my paint :lol:
JRicoCTG
Senior Standardshifter

Post by JRicoCTG »

it shows how long my friday really was. i almost thought this thread was serious. it willbe a really bad day if it is a serious thread. lol.
There's No Rehab for Stupidity.

1994 Mazda MX-3
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

JRicoCTG wrote:it shows how long my friday really was. i almost thought this thread was serious. it willbe a really bad day if it is a serious thread. lol.
I bet not as long as mine. 36 hrs with no sleep and going.