Yeah.

1320 feet of adrenaline
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Yeah.

Post by TomCivic »

I have a buddy who's been driving standards since he was 12 and now he wants to race. He drives a standard Audi A4, prob a 2000. I have a 2001 Civic Ex. I know his car has a lot more power but I was wondering if I have a chance to beat him for atleast a 1/4 mile.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Re: Yeah.

Post by screenname »

TomCivic wrote:I have a buddy who's been driving standards since he was 12 and now he wants to race. He drives a standard Audi A4, prob a 2000. I have a 2001 Civic Ex. I know his car has a lot more power but I was wondering if I have a chance to beat him for atleast a 1/4 mile.
Nope. Sorry to be so blunt, but his car (whether it has a 1.8T or a V6) will be quicker. Civics aren't fast cars - not even the Si model is that fast compared to other cars out there.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Oh God no- your def. going to loose. Civics- usually have a chance in the higher RPM ranges- where they usually start to pull away from most of the higher displacement, slower revving, less power up top engines. In this case- the guy either has a 1.8T- which will anhilate you- because its not a bulky engine- so it's not afraid to rev, and its got a turbo for the high rpm range. hmmm *Turbo*- VTEC *Turbo*- VTEC. Or the V6- which is in my opinion- weak on the a4- but will still anhilate you because well- it's an audi. its got more cylinders. larger displacement, and these things really matter when you race completely stock cars. With some mods- you have a chance at the v6.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

If your Civic has a huge turbo, you might be able to hang with him (not beat), but in a drag race, no way. Quattro would whoop your ass on the launch, my friend.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

With a huge turbo, you'll probably take on the v6.
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Not to mention it sounds like he's been driving Stick for a while and probably knows what he is doing. No offence, but you have no chance. :wink:
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Some food for thought... the civic ex does mid 16's with a good driver... and thats with IDEAL conditions...
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Yeah he has the 1.8t lol. Maybe if I slice one of his tires before the race I can win :-D.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

TomCivic wrote:Yeah he has the 1.8t lol. Maybe if I slice one of his tires before the race I can win :-D.
You evil man! If you're going to do that, why don't you tape a pebble to the inside of one rim? I guarantee you he won't figure that one out for a while!
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

I'm only going to slice one :-P, lol the pebble in the rim idea sounds funny, I'm going to try it.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

If you do the pebble thing, you'll probably win. His car's steering wheel will start vibrating uncontrollably, and he will be forced to slow down. This might be detrimental to his alignment, though...

If you slice a tire, he'll notice right away. Instead, you can try sticking a nail completely into a tire. Make sure it's a heavy one too - this will have the same effect as the pebble taped to the wheel. It might shred his tire at high speeds, but who cares, right?

I'm just kidding. Don't do any of this. It's dangerous.
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

The old banana up the tail pipe works too. ORRRR. you could just not race him. it will save lives and humility
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Did you race him?
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by initialeclipseshift »

wow way to shoot his spirits lol but yeah did you race him?
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Hey, it wasn't intentional. It was an honest question.