Yeah.

1320 feet of adrenaline
Prodigal Son
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Jetta, 2004 Miata

Post by Prodigal Son »

If you can't win, change the rules. Challenge him to a fuel mileage contest. Put the same amount of gas in each car and see who can drive furthest. You'll kick his butt.
Just some guy on the Internet. Heed with care.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

What if he rents a Prius for that day?
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Well I think he blew his clutch lol. We didn't even race. I was just cruisin' with him and he dropped the clutch at this stop sign and it just redlined. It smelt like burnt popcorn :-X. I ended up racing a Jeep Cherokee on the way home though, no contest :-P.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

TomCivic wrote:Well I think he blew his clutch lol. We didn't even race. I was just cruisin' with him and he dropped the clutch at this stop sign and it just redlined. It smelt like burnt popcorn :-X. I ended up racing a Jeep Cherokee on the way home though, no contest :-P.
Ouch! There goes his clutch. :oops: :twisted:
Prodigal Son
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Jetta, 2004 Miata

Post by Prodigal Son »

TomCivic wrote: I ended up racing a Jeep Cherokee on the way home though, no contest :-P.
Did you happen to pass a drag strip on your way home?

Don't race on the streets. It is illegal and highly dangerous.
Just some guy on the Internet. Heed with care.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

I try to beat people off the line while being as subtle as possible (read: no tire squeal or racing the engine). I've killed a couple Corvettes this way! I stay under the limit, though.
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

screenname wrote:I try to beat people off the line while being as subtle as possible (read: no tire squeal or racing the engine). I've killed a couple Corvettes this way! I stay under the limit, though.
did the corvettes know you were racing? :P
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Paolo300zx wrote:
screenname wrote:I try to beat people off the line while being as subtle as possible (read: no tire squeal or racing the engine). I've killed a couple Corvettes this way! I stay under the limit, though.
did the corvettes know you were racing? :P
That's the thing. I did it subtly, so they had no idea. It's always fun being the first one off the line.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Prodigal Son wrote:
TomCivic wrote: I ended up racing a Jeep Cherokee on the way home though, no contest :-P.
Did you happen to pass a drag strip on your way home?

Don't race on the streets. It is illegal and highly dangerous.
I may have phrased that wrong. I beat him to the speed limit (50 mph) after the light turned green :-P.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Where's the fun in beating a Jeep in a drag race?
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I get a kick out of when some ricer flies off the line after the light turns green, and I'm a lane over, and then he is waiting at the stoplight for a long time, and when I get there, I see the light turn green and just keep going, and then he gets passed and gets blocked in, and then I beat him to the next light. hehe stupid ricers
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

eaglecatcher wrote:I get a kick out of when some ricer flies off the line after the light turns green, and I'm a lane over, and then he is waiting at the stoplight for a long time, and when I get there, I see the light turn green and just keep going, and then he gets passed and gets blocked in, and then I beat him to the next light. hehe stupid ricers

LOL i love doing that. i purposly screw over idiots like ricers, or drivers who are really agressive.