burnouts on an AWD ?

1320 feet of adrenaline
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

+1 on that. Find a freshly paved, wet parking lot to try it out on. I'd hate to see anyone damage their drivetrain right off the bat.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
MustangFan424
Senior Standardshifter

Post by MustangFan424 »

If you try to do a burnout on a AWD you will really mess up your drive train.
-Phil
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

It's safe to do it in sand or snow, but don't do it too much. AWD systems are there to help the car grip the road, and they do their job well. The drivetrain will take lots of stress if you try to do a burnout.
idunno09
Junior Standardshifter

Post by idunno09 »

IT IS SO MUCH FUN TO DO!!! I went out in my buddy's bronco that he was getting rid of because it was gonna cost way more to fix it than just give it up, so we decided to have a little fun :twisted:

At first we just took it off of some dirt jumps and stuff then we decided to go to an empty parking lot... Lets just say that if you go to a walmart and the ground is chewed up with dark black lines comin away somebody had some fun.
1975 Super Beetle-4 Speed 0-60mph in 2 weeks!
1984 Mazda B2000-5 Speed
1991 Dodge Colt-auto :(
Mike_NugeSi
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Mike_NugeSi »

alright....to do a burnout on an AWD..u first put the car slooowwlly to a wall...any wall u choose....bumber to wall...and just rev it decently and dump the clutch.....*chinese voice* there you go .......your doing a burnout :) enjoi..
<br>
.....its kinda hard to show sarcasm when your typing it :P
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

AWD cars shouldn't be doing burnouts anyways.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

LS1Leader wrote:I wouldn't recommend it, but try putting bleach underneath the tires, or just get it slippery.

You'll most likely burn your clutch or something else trying to burnout in an AWD car, but if you have enough power, it's doable, and very beautiful to watch.
Bleach sounds interesting. Wouldn't that make you pass out though?
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Ammonia makes you pass out, not bleach. Bleach will make you smell like a swimming pool, though.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Wouldn't bleach do bad things to the paint? I thought chlorine (not the gas stuff, the stuff you put in pools) makes you smell like a swimming pool. Chloroform should make people pass out - I don't recommend doing donuts on that stuff.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

theres a vid of a guy burning rubber in his audi TT, I think everyone has seen it pretty much, so I'm not gonna post a link, it would just be a hugely redundant repost, but he actually is moving forward, just his wheels are spinning and generating smoke like crazy. Its really cool to see but not something to be done very often because it can, and WILL kill your car
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

I just peeled out on my driveway with an automatic PT Cruiser (rental car). It left two 3-foot long skid marks on my driveway. I stamped it out with my shoe.

That's actually my second brain fart today. When I was parking the car earlier, my foot went for the "clutch" and caught the brake pedal. Oops...
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

screenname wrote:Wouldn't bleach do bad things to the paint? I thought chlorine (not the gas stuff, the stuff you put in pools) makes you smell like a swimming pool. Chloroform should make people pass out - I don't recommend doing donuts on that stuff.
I don't know, but it's an old-school burnout trick.
Bodder
Senior Standardshifter

Re: Depends

Post by Bodder »

blaze0303 wrote:well are you talking about AWD or 4WD? because there is a big differeance
Could you explain? I havnt really ever looked or heard about a difference.

Thanks,
Ian
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Re: Depends

Post by Sypher »

Bodder wrote:
blaze0303 wrote:well are you talking about AWD or 4WD? because there is a big differeance
Could you explain? I havnt really ever looked or heard about a difference.

Thanks,
Ian
4wd means that all 4 wheels are turning at all time, and usually have locked differentials and locked torque displacement. AWD means that (on some cars) only 2 wheels drivet he car, and when extra traction is needed, power can be transfered to the other drive wheels. Alos, they (the computer) can control how much power is applied to each end, or in some ccases, each wheel.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

have you guys ever seen a golf cart do a burnout? It was funny, my friend had one, and parked it up against a wall, and floored the gas. The back wheels just kept spinning and spining. It was quite entertaining.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs