I'll take reliable and cheap (cost-wise), just because no one else has. :D
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

i like Pontiacracer's sig, it's quite true :)

last car - cheap and reliable - corolla
new car - fast and reliable - STi

now if we could just find a way to choose all thre :D
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
pontiacracer
Senior Standardshifter

Post by pontiacracer »

Sypher wrote:
potownrob wrote:I think pontiacracer's are fast and cheap. Haven't heard much about Fieros being reliable and GM wasn't putting out the best quality cars back then, but I could be wrong :) .
well from what it sound, it probably have been completely rebuilt with non-stock parts... I could be wrong too lol...
not too much of the powertrain is stock.or the steering...trashed that in january taking a turn at 80 mph in the snow...

i got the sig from what my friend told me when i was buying my first car. i wanted a cheap hotrod. he asked if i was going anywhere far from home, i said of course, my family is 300 miles away. my sig is what he replied to that comment.
fast, cheap, reliable. pick 2.
TransAm350fi
Junior Standardshifter

Post by TransAm350fi »

And it is still "street legal," eh?
Wow sorry, never checked this thread. I was gone for a while and just came back to posting on this forum. Yeah it's all street legal, I just swap the tires for the stockers. I don't go to the drags much, kinda short on cash now, my dad helped me pay for most of the stuff in there.
12.278 @113.45mph on an 87 Trans Am
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

jomotopia wrote:i like Pontiacracer's sig, it's quite true :)

last car - cheap and reliable - corolla
new car - fast and reliable - STi

now if we could just find a way to choose all thre :D
Sure there is! Only problem is, I can't tell you. Then, everybody would want one.
jaydubb
Junior Standardshifter

Post by jaydubb »

TransAm350fi wrote:What are you running in that Firebird. My 87 Trans Am has...
383 TPI stroker .165 overbored, AFR 210 Heads, Comp Pro Mag roller rockers, MSD Pro Billit Distributer, AC Delco Rapidfires gapped at.035 with MSD 8.5mm wires, B&M Shortshifter (get one, you'll love it), 3 inch cutout (best $30 i've put in the car), 3.23 posi, Weld Draglites 15x5 front 205/75-15 radials, 15x10's 5.5" BS with Hoosier Quik Time Pro DOT slicks 28x11.5, Spohn tubular LCA, Aeromotive A2000 electric fuel pump, 36 lbs injectors, hooker supercomp catback, had hooker supercomp 2055 headers at the time, sig posts the time, see what I meant when the sig says much more :D
Sounds similar to what I am building...

Is it a stick? T5, T56, or TKO?
jaydubb
Junior Standardshifter

Post by jaydubb »

LS1Leader wrote:You mean, with them slicks and skinnies he got there? :)

I've heard of people crazy enough to drive with skinnies on the street... Those wheels weren't meant to be driven on the street, and I've heard of a few cracking and failing because of it.
I agree. A friend of mine almost killed me one night at the street races. I had my car parked at the 1/4 mile mark. A mini-van turned out in front of him and another guy while they were racing. He tried to stop but locked up the skinnies. His car headed towards mine and missed me by LESS THAN AN INCH. I dont like skinnies on the street...