.....sigh.......cry me a river......shes gone.....

All things photo, moving or not.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

.....sigh.......cry me a river......shes gone.....

Post by hockeystyx16 »

friday afternoon i was on my way to work, it was raining with snow in the forecast. i was driving my usual highway route to work, as usual going about 75-80, and my good luck with cars, cops, etc, finally ran out.
i was in the left lane, coming up to a pack of slower cars in the left lane. middle lane was clear so i went to jump over into the middle lane. when i was halfway over into the middle lane i saw a car from the right lane jumping over as well, and he was also going slow. i was gonna hit him, so i jerked back into the left lane, and by now, the slow cars that i was trying to pass were like right there in front of me, i got on the brakes hard, locked the wheels up, and went sliding. i have no clue how, but i ended up sliding all the way across 4 lanes of highway, spun 180* around and massively pwned myself on the right side guardrail. air bag popped, busted my lip, and nothing else. the car got f**k pretty bad. i knocked a guarrail back at least a foot with the impact, i probably hit it going 50-60. it was a very blunt hit, i kinda skimed it, otherwise id be more messed up than i am now, just a headache, sore neck and a busted lip.

miraculously i didnt hit anybody when i was spinning across. some1 stopped and called the cops, i called my stepdad and him and my mom came out, cops got there about 5 minutes later, they were cool about everything, told me to fight the ticket and what to say in court to get it down from a failure to control (2 points) to something like equipment failure (no points). because we only had liability, were not making a claim, we got AAA to tow it to my house and in a little while im gonna go start stripping everything useful out of it, and in a few days, the bare shell is heading off to the wreckers. im keeping all the go fast stuff, and will part out everything tahts not damaged. i should get at least 100 for the parted out stuff.

anyway, onto the pics. this is where i hit the guardrail.

after we got home and i got a real camera, heres the damage. both bent stuts, ripped tie rod, and the body damage.

some more

o damn my black outline tails.

and a close up, the whole left side of the engine bay is busted in, but the heart of the beast is intact and is staying with me.

dumbass airbag, i didnt even need it

thats how hard i hit, i bent both strut bars.

itll buff out

so this was all friday afternoon. almost immediately after we got home, i got on craigslist and went looking for a new probe. i had to have another one. i also looked at stangs, but there wasnt anything good. i had 1100 dollars that i could spend on a car.

at about 2 in the morning last night i found this. called the dude this morning, drove up to detroit, and picked her up for 900 dollars. less than 24 hours after my stupidity ripped my probe out of my life, this was in my garage. its a 95

also a GT, 2.5L mazda KL-DE

this is a problem spot, the hatch is gone. but theres plenty of probes in junkyards up around here

but, theres a huge problem with it. its a slush. not to worry, that is the 1st thing to leave.

for 900 dollars, shes a great car. everything about it is so similar to mine, its white, and my 93 was also white (painted teal mist). my 93 had RF bumper held on with some screws, this one does as well. my 93 had a blown timing belt tensioner when i bought it, so does this one. this car is so similar to my 93, its almost weird.

ill miss my 93, she has been a hell of a fantastic car for me, 8 months of ear to ear smile every drive. december 21, 1992 - march 21, 2008 RIP

wear your f**k seatbelts guys, im glad i was wearing mine.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

Damn man... That looks pretty bad. First and foremost glad you're okay and you didn't hurt yourself too bad or anyone else at that. You got out of this one okay, hope this makes you ease up a little on the driving, and congrats on the new car so soon.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Wow, it's good that you're okay. It's also good that you didn't hit any other cars; nice job pulling that off.

Right when I read the title to this thread I knew what happened. :( Oh well; I suppose it's time to reflect upon recent events and move on to your next Probe. Have fun with the tranny swap.
Last edited by Warner on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

ZOMG!!! NO WAI!!!!!!!!! Good thing you made it out okay and have another car to play with so soon.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter

Post by hockeystyx16 »

thanks guys, i definitely learned a lesson. i was a little shellshocked driving my new car home today cuz it was my 1st time driving since the crash, thru the detroit traffic and contstruction, but by the time i hit I-75, it was pretty much a deja vu from last august, she feels just like my old car.

i was just downstairs, i jacked the front end of my 93 up, fired her up and went thru the gears. both wheels spun when i clutchd out in all gears, so the transmission seems to be fine, so im happy about that.

now im gonna do a compression test on my 95 and look at some other stuff to decide whether i want to put my 93 engine in it or keep the 95 engine in it. i know my 93 engine is a great engine, ill be real happy when the 95 pumps out similar numbers.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

Condolences on the loss of your '93. Glad you weren't hurt bad.

Things like this...well...lesson learned, I'm sure. Enjoy the "new" car.
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter

Post by hockeystyx16 »

yea, i definitely learned a lesson on this one, a very expensive lesson, that car meant much more to me than the money i put in it. nothing ripped my 93 out of my life but my own stupidity.

driving past the 2 green streaks on the guardrail that got knocked back at least a foot, every time im on the highway going to that side of town, that will remind me.

i just ran the compression numbers in my new car, and it looks like im 2 for 2 in finding solid KLs. check these out
1 - 189
2 - 185
3 - 185
4 - 184
5 - 190
6 - 187

these numbers are closer than my 93 motor. so im keeping the 95 motor in my 95 and ill definitely keep my 93 motor, thats a solid engine, but at this point, as soon as i get my money situation stabilized (im down to about 180 dollars to my name right now), that looks like its in for a rebuild. some dude on probetalk is selling some custom H beams for a KL and as always, i never have the money at a right time. o well.

ill probably have the transmission, clutch and flywheel pulled off the 93 tonight, before the malaysian grand prix. guess ill go ahead and start the 5 speed swap thread as soon as i get some pics.
Last edited by hockeystyx16 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

I'm glad you're okay. It sucks losing something that is a part of your life, and you will be the more mature person because of it. I know by the way you talk about the Probe that it is more than just a "car" to you. When doors close in life, others open; here's to your 95 Probe *hands you a beer* :P
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

I'm glad you're alright, Roman. It's sad to see her go, but you'll have the same opportunities with the '95. How's the mileage compare?

It's good the engine and tranny are alright. Surprising, amazing maybe, but wonderful. :) (that's what the smiley is for)

As for what happened to your baby, :cry:

Recently I've realized how beautiful they are. I've seen like, eight in the past week. I'm glad to see another one in your hands. You'd be incensed at the condition of some of the ones I've seen... *shudders*

Not trying to sound callous, but... lesson learned. It's a bad experience, and a horrendous loss, but #1 you're alright, #2, you've seen what can happen when something goes wrong, and #3 you've got another beaut of a car to work with.

I'm glad you were wearing your belt... If you hadn't... I don't wanna think about it.

So, are you gonna sell the auto tranny, or are you gonna sit there and N-Bomb it till it goes "CRRRRRRRRNKCHCRUNCH!"?

I'd sell it, get some scratch to work on the car with. Damn that interior looks nice. Dammit. Now you've got me wanting something that cool to drive around. *grumble grumble, need cash, grumble grumble whine*
That interior is pristine... 'Cept for the little bit of average dirt I see, it looks pristine. Get 'er fixed up, get the tranny swapped, etc. Give that interior a nice detail... Damn that's nice.

So, how'd it feel driving a slushie?

I'm glad you're alive, and I'm glad you've got another Probe.
Two motors, too.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter

Post by hockeystyx16 »

yea, these cars grow on you. the looks, the handling, just the way the car feels when you drive it, its addicting. for a cheap wrong wheel drive sports compact, its a car and a half. thats why i went out and got a new one.

my 93 had 147k miles on it, just turned 10k miles since i bought her. besides the lifter tick it might as well been a brand new engine, she ran perfect.

the 95 has 113k on it, and the compression numbers are even better than the 93. i wont have a true picture of the engine condition til i pull off the valve covers and drop the oil pan and stuff like that, and til i drive it around for a while, but on the way here, it ran good. no interior rattles at all, all speakers work and sound good (unlike the 93), i dont know if the AC works or not, if it dont work, yall know what happened to the AC in the 93 lol.

it would be a sin to junk a high 180s compression all within 5% of each other engine, im definitely keeping the engine out of the 93.

driving a slushie back was bad. just plain bad. theres not any other way to get into it, it was just bad. slow, crappy, slushy. heavy, will be a good riddance. i wont bother blowing it up because i need a car to drive to school monday, ill just pull it and will put it up on probetalk for like 20 bucks picked up. ATXs are heavy, wheres my MTX weigs like 70 lb.

interior on the 95 is real nice, no rattling at all, no lose pieces, its a 95, so its got 1 piece door panels. im probably gonna end up throwing my gray leather seats in it, but the bolsters on these seats work so much better. i like leathers tho

so im gonna go down and keep taking the 5spd off my 93, i got 2 and half hours til the malaysian GP, if i dont have the trans and everything 5spd laying on the ground by then, then im just plain lazy.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

damn dude, when i saw those pics i literally said "holy sh/t" out loud.

glad you're ok man, nice pickup. $900, that's awesome
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

The white one looks better anyways :lol:

Glad you're ok
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Glad you made it out alive. Sorry about the car, but the new one looks just as sick.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

ROMAN. WTF WTF WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

God damn how could you? Holy shit!

Holy....shit.

:shock: :shock:

Your car didn't even last a year...wtf.

Why are the rims mismatched on your old PGT?

Nice find with the new Probe...good luck. I hope you keep this one in one piece.
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

FAIRIES!!! Holy sh1t dude, pulled up my rss feed and first thing I saw was a busted probe and I was like NOOOOOO!! good sh1t you're alright dude, enjoy the crap you post here :D

The atx -> manual swap better have pics I know of a few probes I could get cheap but they are atx seeing the swap might make me want to buy a probe and do it :wink:

Seriously build up your 93 engine and S/C it or atleast turbo it, be good to have a spare engine laying around for parts. Anyway get the slush out, the manual in and get some pics :D

ps: don't ban me mods... I bypassed for a good reason... f**k don't cut it for this.[/b]
<3 fwd