Purple
No votes

Total votes: 5

Draklen
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Hyundai GenCoupe

ARK 2.0T Single Exhaust Vid

Post by Draklen »

Curious what you think. This is an almost ready prototype on my Genesis Coupe. They also are doing a dual exhaust version for the 2.0T also.

I personally like it. The angle is a tad extreme but what ever heh. It sounds great.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: ARK 2.0T Single Exhaust Vid

Post by watkins »

Why would there be a 3" catback with only a 2.5" downpipe? Thats poor planning and against all turbo tuning logic
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Draklen »

I'll ask. I think it's because of the turbo. It's the size of a peanut and the air flow is craptastic.

pic of the turbo
TD04

Should be more like
TD05
Last edited by Draklen on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I like the way it sounds, at least through my crummy, small laptop speakers.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Draklen »

watkins wrote:Why would there be a 3" catback with only a 2.5" downpipe? Thats poor planning and against all turbo tuning logic
Here you go.
ARK wrote:The reason why we made the Downpipe and test pipe 2.5 were due to a series of reasons.

First off, there is a good amount of drivers now aware of having their vehicle smog legal. Especially in CA. To retain the cat, the downpipe would have to go back to its flange size to mate up with the cat. This would mean that for that small distance between the header/downpipe to Cat/downpipe, it would have to increase in piping diameter and have it taper back down to fit the OEM cat. Therefore, we made a testpipe for those who want no restriction in their system.

Secondly, the genesis is still a fairly new car. It would be a little while longer before the mass becomes more interested in upgrading their turbos. I for one would try and get the most out of the stock turbo and eventually move onto a bigger one in the future.

Once that demand is there, we will make a 3" header back system.

We are very confident that our system now have significant gains. I know just by driving it. To feel that type of change, i can safely say that the system produced at least 10whp.

Dynos will be done eventually to prove my statement above
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Sounds pretty good. Yeah, the angle is a little crazy, but it's not obnoxiously large or loud, which is always a plus.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Draklen wrote:
watkins wrote:Why would there be a 3" catback with only a 2.5" downpipe? Thats poor planning and against all turbo tuning logic
Here you go.
ARK wrote:The reason why we made the Downpipe and test pipe 2.5 were due to a series of reasons.

First off, there is a good amount of drivers now aware of having their vehicle smog legal. Especially in CA. To retain the cat, the downpipe would have to go back to its flange size to mate up with the cat. This would mean that for that small distance between the header/downpipe to Cat/downpipe, it would have to increase in piping diameter and have it taper back down to fit the OEM cat. Therefore, we made a testpipe for those who want no restriction in their system.

Secondly, the genesis is still a fairly new car. It would be a little while longer before the mass becomes more interested in upgrading their turbos. I for one would try and get the most out of the stock turbo and eventually move onto a bigger one in the future.

Once that demand is there, we will make a 3" header back system.

We are very confident that our system now have significant gains. I know just by driving it. To feel that type of change, i can safely say that the system produced at least 10whp.

Dynos will be done eventually to prove my statement above
Interesting. However that makes the 3" exhaust pointless at this point.