All things photo, moving or not.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

'88 GT Longtubes

Post by Tinton »

Start-up and revving:

Idle:

The longtube headers sound awesome :mrgreen: :twisted:. Now this car has WCF long-tube headers and y-pipe, cat delete pipe, no EGR, and an Ocelot muffler going to 4 tips. That means the exhaust is basically done, pretty much only thing I can do now is put in a straight pipe instead of the muffler :twisted: which I'm thinking about because there's a small chunk of catalytic converter rattling around in there. The car would be insanely loud then tho.

The exhaust has lost some of its rumble and its gurgling at idle, but it sounds smoother and at higher RPM's it sounds AMAZING. Very VERY loud, lol. And the best part is, the engine actually revs much faster now! There's a LOT more throttle response and it makes it incredibly easy to rev-match. Not only that but the car pulls like f**k from 3500-6000 in EVERY gear and it just doesn't seem to be gasping for breath above 5k like it used to. The stock manifolds were VERY restrictive and made the engine kinda "stumble" a little bit with sudden throttle inputs. Now its just smooth and it just makes power. As it is, the car might be faster than my MR2 Turbo :mrgreen:. With this Fiero's ported throttle body and upper intake, chip, stock CAI, etc, I think its probably making 170'ish hp and around 200-210 tq. The main restrictions on this engine are: 1. exhaust and 2. intake, fuel and ignition don't really have to be messed with that much, so I think its a bit above the stock 140 hp and 170 tq. The car's also gotten its torque back, it basically had none at all when it had 4 HUGE exhaust leaks, now it'll happily pull from 800RPM+ (basically idle) :mrgreen: .

Anyways, yeah, its been a while since I've been on here :lol:.
Last edited by Tinton on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Re: '88 GT Longtubes

Post by Leedeth »

Nice, how much did it cost?

We need some driving videos now.
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

Sounds nice. 8)
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

TITFACE LIVES!

Yea I saw these on my sub list. Sounds exotic.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Sweet. The idle sounds badass.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

Thanks guys yeah it sounds awesome, only bad part is now the car seems to be running on 5cyl sometimes....gonna have to change the plugs :P .