Just a couple of cars I saw lately

All things photo, moving or not.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Just a couple of cars I saw lately

Post by Rope-Pusher »

noob5,000,000 wrote: It was a gray color, like this:

Not that there's anything wrong with being gray.
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

saw something fast and red today while walking to work. so fast i couldn't get a picture. can't find the emblem from the rear anywhere online either, and car friends can't figure it out either!

It was silvery (emblem was) and had a standing up horse (like the ferrrari horse) but there were silver lines thru it (or so it appeared from many feet away. damn fast cars!)

could be the ferrari logo. after perusing google's image search for "silver car logo with horse" there apparently are some that are a standing horse....
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

wannabe wrote:saw something fast and red today while walking to work. so fast i couldn't get a picture. can't find the emblem from the rear anywhere online either, and car friends can't figure it out either!

It was silvery (emblem was) and had a standing up horse (like the ferrrari horse) but there were silver lines thru it (or so it appeared from many feet away. damn fast cars!)

could be the ferrari logo. after perusing google's image search for "silver car logo with horse" there apparently are some that are a standing horse....
Could this be it??

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

it is hard to get a picture of the rear of a car (any car, tbh) on google. all i saw was the butt. no google, i do not want pics of the front or side quarters, that doesn't help!

Unfortunately my memory only remembers it as red and shiny and fast looking..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/ ... x6_too.jpg was trying to remember if it was this, but i can't.

Crafting and stuff
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

http://auto.ferrari.com/en_US/wp-conten ... etro_1.jpg this logo. that one. maybe that car. idk. memory fail

Crafting and stuff
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

wannabe wrote:Unfortunately my memory only remembers it as red and shiny and fast looking..
Image was trying to remember if it was this, but i can't.
Fickset
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

I happened to be standing near the road as a brand new C7 Corvette Z06 came by, slowing down for the upcoming red light. There were some nice crackles and pops coming from the exhaust during engine braking.

1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

there are a few people in my area (or at least who drive thru it) with maserati's. (i'm not even in the most expensive area of/surrounding gr!)

Crafting and stuff
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

noob5,000,000 wrote:I happened to be standing near the road as a brand new C7 Corvette Z06 came by, slowing down for the upcoming red light. There were some nice crackles and pops coming from the exhaust during engine braking.

i've seen these! OMG Thats what it is...

Crafting and stuff
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Yesterday evening, I went up to the Culver's Restaurant on Lapeer Road, just past the Palace (where the Piston's play B-Ball). They have a cruise night every Tuesday thru the summer. Wildest car I saw was a 1st Gen Chevy Corvair with a big-block V-8 where the rear seat used to be. When it got to be 7:30, everyone started to leave and the DJ played "Happy Trails to You". That Corvair was waiting at the traffic signal and I looked away. Then I heard a bit of tire squeal and a roar and as quick as I could turn around I couldn't see it any more.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

How very Michigan of you, RP. Culver's might be from Minnesota, but I totally associate it with Michigan as well.

There are a couple of Tesla's around town that I've been seeing often. A red and a grey one.

And I can hear the Lambo that's near campus whenever it's driving around. The guy isn't crazy on the throttle, but it has such a unique sound that even if you're only partially giving it gas (as I've witnessed driving behind it), it still makes a decent amount of noise echoing between buildings.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Culver's is pretty nom. Teslas...bore me. I see them everywhere and the Model X makes me want to puke my nuts out.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

So in michigan, some of our highways are split with legal u-turns in them, so you don't turn at a light, you go north to go south, or south to go north. Also some of our highways, like the east beltline (also known as m37 and m44) and m59 (hall street, on the east side of the state), have multiple J-turns (or michigan turns) between lights.

Tuesday, after work, i was walking up the e beltline to get to knapp meijer so i could buy bread before catching the bus home. I jay-walk across a j-turn. But this shiny blue new camero was going vroom VROOM VROOOOOOOM south on the beltline. he stopped. then he did a j-turn before the light to go north and did vroom VROOM VROOOOOOM north on the beltline, to another j-turn (he was speeding, btw. only heard 3 shifts, but he was going faster than the 55mph speed limit) to go south. Wtf dude. racing yourself? so he vroom VROOM VROOOOOOM'd south. i thought he would turn to go north again, so i stopped walking to watch. nope. i heard him (more softly, as he was going south) vroom VROOM VROOOOOM south to who knows where.

Had he continued speeding/racing i probably woulda called the non-emergency sherriff/police line. not cool. don't race on state highways. Not impressing me....other than with the stupidity.

Crafting and stuff
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

wannabe wrote:So in michigan, some of our highways are split with legal u-turns in them, so you don't turn at a light, you go north to go south, or south to go north. Also some of our highways, like the east beltline (also known as m37 and m44) and m59 (hall street, on the east side of the state), have multiple J-turns (or michigan turns) between lights.

Tuesday, after work, i was walking up the e beltline to get to knapp meijer so i could buy bread before catching the bus home. I jay-walk across a j-turn. But this shiny blue new camero was going vroom VROOM VROOOOOOOM south on the beltline. he stopped. then he did a j-turn before the light to go north and did vroom VROOM VROOOOOOM north on the beltline, to another j-turn (he was speeding, btw. only heard 3 shifts, but he was going faster than the 55mph speed limit) to go south. Wtf dude. racing yourself? so he vroom VROOM VROOOOOOM'd south. i thought he would turn to go north again, so i stopped walking to watch. nope. i heard him (more softly, as he was going south) vroom VROOM VROOOOOM south to who knows where.

Had he continued speeding/racing i probably woulda called the non-emergency sherriff/police line. not cool. don't race on state highways. Not impressing me....other than with the stupidity.
If you go to I'75 and Big Beaver Road - Exit 69 - you can spend the afternoon circling the cloverleaf freeway ramps by using the short links between them in the right-most lanes of Big Beaver Road. A lot of vroom-vrooms and tire screeching to be had, but just remember - the cop shop is within earshot of these ramps, just Northeast of the intersection.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.5625943 ... 6.5z?hl=en
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Is the big beaver shaved?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!