New Member - Lancer Evolution X

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
aznxkaiser
Junior Standardshifter

New Member - Lancer Evolution X

Post by aznxkaiser »

Hello!
I bought my Evolution X about 3weeks ago, and this is my first stick shift car :)
It is Octane Blue and I come from an automatic RX8. I loved the RX8 but automatics should not be coupled with sports cars...It ruined it for me. I researched for about a year before I bought the Evo (Well I read up on the previous ones and then later on I read the reviews on the X) and test drove it for about a couple min...stalled it once :cry:
This forum seems really chill...a lot of subie owners too :twisted:
Will post up pics later
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Re: New Member - Lancer Evolution X

Post by VTECaddict »

yeah, this place is like a mini nasioc. watch your back. :lol:
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
sjthuss
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Toyota Corolla

Post by sjthuss »

welcome
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

nice car :D better than the ugly new STi
<3 fwd
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Welcome to the forums.

What trim, GSR? See, what you need to do now is strip it down and turn it into an RS, and ditch the A/C.

Why didn't you get an IX?
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Bawked wrote:nice car :D better than the ugly new STi
But still ugly as sin and nowhere near as excellent.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

ignore the sti/evo thing...i don't care

welcome :D

i'll take any car...as long as its a stick...:P
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Welcome to the site, aznxkaiser! :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the X and hearing about your driving experiences. :)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
aznxkaiser
Junior Standardshifter

Post by aznxkaiser »

It is GSR (The only one out right now...MR is going to be the SST and coming probably end of this month or mid next) and I love it. Why didn't I get a 9? Lets see...most of the 9's in CA are abused since you can only get them used. The mileage isn't too low on them either. I looked at the 9 MR SE and the 9 SE, and for those prices on a USED car, I did not find it appealing. Besides, when I sell this car 4 years down the road, the 9 will be 2 years older than the X.
I test drove the 135i, the 08 STi, the Evo 9, the VW R32, and the S2000 CR and I found the X to be the best among them.
Watkins - Do you have something against Evos? Lol....Your Saab is probably considered uglier to the general public. And slower.

Acceleration: I test drove the 9 right before I test drove the X to feel the difference between the two. First off, the 9 was a bit more rugged. The X was nowhere as comfortable as the 135i/R32/STi but it wasn't as bad as the 9. Low end torque is a definite improvement and after the factory reflash, the turbo kicks in and pushes you in your seat all the way to 7.2k RPMS. The X is definitely no slouch. Besides the 135i/9, the X felt faster than the rest. There is virtually no turbo lag too.

Handling: Mitsubishi perfected the handling on the X. The previous gen (the USDM 8 and 9) did not have the AYC which is a new technological improvement in the X. Literally, the car is on rails. You have to go test it out to actually "get" what I am saying, but the X can pretty much outhandle ANY of the previous gen evo's and any of the cars I listed above. The chassis is also much stiffer this time around. The X is definitely a handling God.

Looks: Looks pissed off in any angle, shark-like front end and that Alfa back end, sexy in my opinion. Most people actually give me a thumbs up and comment on it as not many are on the road. I never had anyone say the car looks ugly, most chicks thought it was hot too 8)
My GF wasn't pleased after hearing those comments though..
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

Verry Niice i like
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

aznxkaiser wrote:Watkins - Do you have something against Evos? Lol....Your Saab is probably considered uglier to the general public. And slower.
Yes, actually. I am a diehard Subaru fan. I absolutely hate Shitsubishis. Personal preference.
I highly doubt my car is considered more ugly that the new Evo. Considering the number of people Ive personally had comment positively on the styling of my car, versus the number of people Ive heard saying the Evo X is unatractive in any situation, I'll actually have to disagree entirely.
Only a complete idiot would think my car is faster. Its a luxury cruising car, not a road legal rally racer. Common sense.

Id also avoid insults against a person's car or character this short into your stay here. We're a tight-nit bunch, and though we jab each others ribs, it takes some time before a new person is fully accepted into the dysfunctional family network. There are too many examples of members gone wrong. Terrence, for example.
aznxkaiser
Junior Standardshifter

Post by aznxkaiser »

Huh? What is the reason behind your blatant dislike for the Evo? or Mitsubishi in general? Its just a car....The Subaru VS Mitsubishi thing also died off years ago. If I see an STi I don't ever flip him off, we just give eachother a thmbs up and go on our ways.

Luxury Cruising car? Didn't even know Saab was considered a luxury vehicle. Don't they always advertise that their cars are jet-like? By the way, I never insulted your car in the first place. You were the one to suddenly out of nowhere say how ugly the Evo is. If you don't like it then why not say it in another thread or keep it to yourself, no real reason to shit on someones parade right? If you like Subaru so much why do you drive a Saab? Because of the short lived 9-2x?

:roll: Grow up....No need to bash anothers car based on your personal odd-hate for Mitsubishi cars.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

aznxkaiser wrote:Watkins - Do you have something against Evos? Lol....Your Saab is probably considered uglier to the general public. And slower.
lol

i like the new evo, it blows the new sti out of the water in a big way, but i wish they came with 4g63 and not the piece of sh1t 4b11. caliber srt4 engine that needs resleeving for any serious power is FTL
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

aznxkaiser wrote:Huh? What is the reason behind your blatant dislike for the Evo? or Mitsubishi in general? Its just a car....The Subaru VS Mitsubishi thing also died off years ago. If I see an STi I don't ever flip him off, we just give eachother a thmbs up and go on our ways.

Luxury Cruising car? Didn't even know Saab was considered a luxury vehicle. Don't they always advertise that their cars are jet-like? By the way, I never insulted your car in the first place. You were the one to suddenly out of nowhere say how ugly the Evo is. If you don't like it then why not say it in another thread or keep it to yourself, no real reason to quit on someones parade right? If you like Subaru so much why do you drive a Saab? Because of the short lived 9-2x?

:roll: Grow up....No need to bash anothers car based on your personal odd-hate for Mitsubishi cars.
I dont like Mitsubishi. Thats all there is to it, regardless of my love for Subaru. Among other things, they have never built a car I find all that interesting.

Yes, luxury. Saabs of my era were direct competition against BMW and Audi. 9-3/3 series/ 9-5/5 series. Thats not just coincidence, thats targeting. I also didnt come out of nowhere. Theres always a banter going on among us about Subaru and Mazda. If a Mitsubishi comes up, its brought into the fray. So sorry I didnt add the :wink: for you. Maybe you should go learn the site dynamics before you make assumptions, eh?

The 9-2X is no Saab. Its a Subaru with different badges. And I dont like it. I happen to drive a Saab because I wanted a stick, and my Subaru, which I did actually own and drive for two years, was a slush. It takes too long to find a 2.5RS stick near me, so I went for a Saab, which is also one of my favorite brands.

So I would recomend that you grow up, get to know the forum and how it works, and then if you have a problem make a big deal about it.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sed ... comparison

IX ftw, strap an AYC system onto it and I bet it'll get higher skidpad times than the X.