New Member - Lancer Evolution X

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Re: New Member - Lancer Evolution X

Post by Nychold »

Wow...I go away for a few days, to chill with my girl, and this happens? Watkins tries to b*slap a newbie? And fails! :lol:

Welcome aboard, you lucky Evo-X driving SOB. /jealousy :lol: J/K man...it's a sweet looking car. The only thing I don't like about the newer Evo-Xs is that gray front grille part. I know it's the "in" thing after the Audi R8 and all the other extremely-super-high-OMG-ultimate-ultra-obscenely expensive sports cars, but it looks unfinished IMHO. I'll wait on buying one until they offer that painted with the rest of the car as an option. :D
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

view it with the sun behind it and it blends in with the upper and lower grille to look like a giant gaping hole. pretty crazy. :D
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Nychold wrote:Wow...I go away for a few days, to chill with my girl, and this happens? Watkins tries to b*slap a newbie? And fails! :lol:
I dont bitch slap noobs, I leave that for certain people's mothers. :wink:
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

watkins wrote:
Nychold wrote:Wow...I go away for a few days, to chill with my girl, and this happens? Watkins tries to b*slap a newbie? And fails! :lol:
I dont bitch slap noobs, I leave that for certain people's mothers. :wink:
I will take that as a compliment, good sir. Hey watkins, guess who inspired my avatar? She's a great lady...
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

I think the rest of the SSers might segregate us at the meet if we keep this up :lol:
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Wheels and Drop.

But seriously, nice car. At first, I didn't really like the styling of the new Evo's but it's really grown on me, especially after seeing it in person a couple times. Have fun with it.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Seems like the dust has settled, but I'll point it out: there's no need to diss someone's car just because it's a company you don't like. I'm not a particularly huge fan of the Evo, but I think the car looks pretty damn good, and will run circles around my Mz3. And your Saab. 'Nuff said. :)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
aznxkaiser
Junior Standardshifter

Post by aznxkaiser »

Thanks for the "warm" welcome guys...
Seriously the X haters are mostly those who haven't driven it yet, it truly is an evolution from the 9. If you guys hold a meet nearby, maybe I should drop by and show you what I mean.
Thank you John, I had an Rx8 before and my friend has the Mz3 Hatchback, I know for a fact that Mazda truly knows what a sports car is. Best sports-family car you can get for under 20g's, better than the Lancer :wink:
I hope I didn't cause too much of a ruckus but all I wanted was to join this awesome forum, not to quibble with veteran members over a meaningless thing.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

aznxkaiser wrote:I hope I didn't cause too much of a ruckus but all I wanted was to join this awesome forum, not to quibble with veteran members over a meaningless thing.
Hey, we like to quibble. :lol:
Seriously, no harm meant, no harm done. Welcome to insanity, where your reservation is for a lifetime.
aznxkaiser
Junior Standardshifter

Post by aznxkaiser »

Hey, we like to quibble. :lol:
Seriously, no harm meant, no harm done. Welcome to insanity, where your reservation is for a lifetime.[/quote]

Thanks. I meant no harm either, lets just forget about all this happening :)
I love Saabs by the way, they have wacky placement for the ignition and actually go like jets.
But nothing can beat the Mazda advertisement of the Jamaican guy singing ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMMMMMMMMM. Or the touching Japanese song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTM0Tict ... re=related
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Hyundai GenCoupe

Post by Draklen »

Welcome to the site.
I looked at both Lancers and Imprezas when I was looking for a MT car. I just happen to find a used WRX first.
The 08 Evo and 08 STI are both ugly but I'd still buy either one if I had the money. From what I've read, they both have their goods and bads. When stock, Evos are more track oriented and STIs are more street/rally oriented. It's just what you want in a car.

And there's no need to bash each others cars. Let just stick to bashing crappy auto drivers and ricers that aren't on this site. :lol:
aznxkaiser
Junior Standardshifter

Post by aznxkaiser »

Shoulda waited for the new Lancer Ralliarts...Those things are going to destroy the current WRX market...
aznxkaiser
Junior Standardshifter

Post by aznxkaiser »

More pics

Just for the Nissan fans.... a GTR R32 VSpec II
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

What's that car on the left? I've seen it before but I can't remember what it is.