Hola!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Hola!

Post by ColJessip »

Hey guys/gals I'm pumped up on driving stick for the first time yesterday (my friends B2300). I somehow managed to stall it 3 times while shifting 1-2 never launching ... weird. It's also hard to break those auto habits of giving it a lot of gas to go.

But anyways, I'm 17 and, sadly, don't have a car. Only $5,541 in the bank. :wink: I'm looking for a not to slow manual car to learn on for a good 2 years.

Thanks everyone - now off to lurk.
Last edited by ColJessip on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Welcome, man! Plenty of helpful info here. Just ask if need something specific.

By the way, I'm 24, have a well paying job and yet have less in the bank than you do. :lol:
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Welcome! This seems to be a popular site today...two new members in just under a few hours. :D

Anyway, what would you describe as "not too slow"? And what general market are you looking for? Car? Truck? Sporty? Luxurious? And are you looking at your $5k being the total out the door price, or the down payment?
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Welcome to the site, ColJessip! :mrgreen: I did a little research for ya. :) Here's a few vehicles under $4500 with less than 75K miles in the Houston area.

Click me!
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

welcome to the site :)
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... Do you eat breakfast 300 yards away from 5,000 Cubans who are trained to kill you? :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Thanks a lot for your help guys. Well i've been looking for something that can carry my friends around and isn't extremely slow. I looked at that Auto trader link and found a 2000 Ford Focus SE Sedan for only $3,390 I'm taking a ride up to look at it tomorrow.
Nychold wrote:Oh yeah, forgot to mention... Do you eat breakfast 300 yards away from 5,000 Cubans who are trained to kill you? :lol:
Haha well try Mexicans instead of Cubans. They seem to run the shop here. There's a good amount of Cubans too though.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

welcome to SS dude.

you can do way better than a focus for 5 grand, for that much you can easily find a mint 5.0 or a good round body stang GT. look on craigslist.com, thats where the deals are at. i bought my probe for 1200 dollars. found it on craigslist.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

hockeystyx16 wrote:welcome to SS dude.

you can do way better than a focus for 5 grand, for that much you can easily find a mint 5.0 or a good round body stang GT. look on craigslist.com, thats where the deals are at. i bought my probe for 1200 dollars. found it on craigslist.
I almost forgot about the good old Craigslist going to take a look now.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

just get an integra or altima
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Welcome to the forums.

5000 can get you something nice if you look hard enough. Don't bother looking at econoboxes.
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Quick update- I'm a beast. I got some guy to drop the price of his '04 Chrysler Crossfire to $10,500. I did a carfax and the car is clean. Only ~35,000 miles too. My dad told me that he'll pay what I don't have now (he says its a deal he wont pass up), as long as I make it up in 6 months so I'll be hell bent on finding work. (Well it'll be summer.) I think I might buy it guys. I'll post pics ASAP. I fell like the adrenalin is pumping. :lol: I won't be carrying my friends though, only room for my girlfriend.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter

Post by hockeystyx16 »

whats it got in it
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter

Post by hockeystyx16 »

on other thought, i wouldnt get a 10k dollar car for a first car. id get something cheap.

im not much of a DC fan, besides the ram and the viper, they cant make a car worth shit lately. fugly cars, retarded designs, making shit people dont want, etc. my stepdad been working at chrysler for 30 years, he knows.

crossfire aint bad, but im not real fond if it.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Well, its got the basics and only that. The good thing is though. I don't think the resale will drop that much. I've always thought this was a cool car though and It's the only chance i'll get at a $10G+ car any time soon. So I really think I'm gonna buy it. The only thing that I don't want is people saying crap like "drive your parents car home" and all that stuff. But I'm very serious on buying this, so don't be to surprised If you see a new photo thread open up!