Yello!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Zexel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0

Yello!

Post by Zexel »

I've already been posting here a bit, but I figured I'd properly introduce myself. I'm Carrick from Massachusetts. 18 years old, doing the college thing. I work at Best Buy which is great cause of the discount on car electronics. :twisted:

I'm currently still driving my first car which is a '94 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe left over from my brother. It's a slushbox unfortunately, but I didn't have much of a choice. I'm in the market for a Scion tC...still looking for the right one.

Oh, and I found out about this site through Paul34(whose name is Ashish I guess? Doesn't make sense with his choice of username but I dunno. :shock: ) who linked it in a topic on HowardForums.com. So yeah...I like cell phones(owned 5 different one since April '07) and cars.
Driving stick since April 8th, 2008.
Soulwound
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 Honda Civic Si, SSM

Post by Soulwound »

Hey welcome to the site! Good luck on finding a tC you want..

ps: watch for falling glass. 8)
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Hey Carrick! Glad to have you with us. Ashish/paul34 (go figure on the username) has been with us quite a while, and is a great resource for stickshift/cell phones/valet parking/lots of stuff. :)

Don't feel bad about the automatic car. After the engine in my 1999 Camaro 5-speed died, I spent the better part of 2 years in a Ford Taurus. Oh how I longed for a stick.

The tC is a great car (aside from buster's experience with shattering glass). I've driven Ashish's, and really like the sporty handling and comfortable interior. You will too!

Looking forward to more of your posts, and welcome. :mrgreen:
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Re: Yello!

Post by VTECaddict »

Zexel wrote:I like cell phones(owned 5 different one since April '07)
what have you had? im a major phone geek too, though my turnover rate isnt quite as high as yours.

i started with a Motorola V600 with at&t wireless like 3+ years ago? then two years ago cingular bought out at&t wireless, so i migrated to a cingular plan and got a Sony Ericsson W600i under contract. it kept breaking, so i sold it and bought a Motorola RAZR V3i iTunes. used that till december 06 ish, then sold it and bought a Sony Ericsson k790a. used that till october 07, when i sold it and got an AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTN II). then in december i got a Motorola RAZR V3xx as a backup phone when i renewed my contract (hey, it was free). :D
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Welcome fellow tCer. (That's pronounced ticker, not T-C-er. :lol:) Or at least future fellow tCer. Not much else to say here, since I've seen you around and you're not asking "How do I make my 1-2 shift smooth?" or "Is my clutch going to be okay?" It's actually kind of refreshing. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Zexel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0

Re: Yello!

Post by Zexel »

VTECaddict wrote:
Zexel wrote:I like cell phones(owned 5 different one since April '07)
what have you had? im a major phone geek too, though my turnover rate isnt quite as high as yours.

i started with a Motorola V600 with at&t wireless like 3+ years ago? then two years ago cingular bought out at&t wireless, so i migrated to a cingular plan and got a Sony Ericsson W600i under contract. it kept breaking, so i sold it and bought a Motorola RAZR V3i iTunes. used that till december 06 ish, then sold it and bought a Sony Ericsson k790a. used that till october 07, when i sold it and got an AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTN II). then in december i got a Motorola RAZR V3xx as a backup phone when i renewed my contract (hey, it was free). :D
Well I'm with Verizon. My first phone was an LG VX6100 that I had for 2 years. Then I used my New Every Two on a Moto RAZR Maxx Ve. I sold that around October and bought a Moto RAZR2. Sold that in November and bought an LG Voyager. Returned that I got a BlackBerry Pearl which is where I'm at now. But the CDMA variant of the BlackBerry Curve is coming soon, so whenever Verizon gets it I'll most likely be getting that.
Nychold wrote:Welcome fellow tCer. (That's pronounced ticker, not T-C-er. Laughing) Or at least future fellow tCer. Not much else to say here, since I've seen you around and you're not asking "How do I make my 1-2 shift smooth?" or "Is my clutch going to be okay?" It's actually kind of refreshing. Laughing
Yeah I have yet to drive a stick shift soooooo...when I start I'll try to keep my clutch paranoia under control. :wink:
Driving stick since April 8th, 2008.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Welcome to the forums.