Hi, Everybody!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
CaliforniaZX
Senior Standardshifter

Post by CaliforniaZX »

Welcome to the site... but aren't you supposed to start out with "HI EVERYBODY!"

$80 for two lessons??! *ponders a lucrative summer job*
Long Live.

DrNick
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Ford Fusion SEL V6

Post by DrNick »

Just a little update, I had my first stick lesson today and it was pretty damn fun! It was in a Ford Ranger - something I didn't expect, I was thinking it would be in a sedan or possibly a coupe. Overall, seeing as how I stalled four or five times over the span of two hours, I don't think I did TOO badly for my first time, haha. I think a lot of that was due to the friction point on the Ranger being really damn high, so there were some times when I'd clutch out only slightly too far and then stall out. For the most part, my shifts were fairly smooth. My instructor also made me do a LOT (we're talking 20 or 30) hill launches, so I'm pretty confident with that aspect now.

Needless to say, I think I've got it bad - I drove my Taurus to the school just fine, but I had a case of the "phantom clutch" on the way home. :wink: