New To Manual and Fearful

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Any tracks near you? Just look them up and see if they have any open track days where you could bring your car and drive around the track for a small fee.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
SteveUK
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Post by SteveUK »

Be careful though. It is a safe place to open up your car and give it some, but you have to think of insurance. Here car insurance is void if you go on a track for a track day. Any accident you do not have insurance and they do not pay out.
chrono
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Peugeot 306 XSi 2.0 8v

Post by chrono »

But I suppose you can, for increased price, get a racing insurance, no?
'96 Peugeot 306 XSi 2.0L 8v
SteveUK
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Post by SteveUK »

I can only say what happens here but.....

you can buy track day inurance, but fully comprehensive is very expensive compared to only the cheap third party option. This means that peopld get the 3rd party and then crash in to someone - their car does not get fixed but the person they hit does. So you end up with the same problem - no insurance to get your car fixed.

Also here, even if you have fully comprehensive from the track you have to tell your insurer if you have had an accident. This could then, with some, push up your premium. If they find out at a later date that you did not declare an accident they can void your policy.

Like I say though, I do not know what it is like in the States.