Welcome to Standardshift!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Welcome to Standardshift!

Post by Johnf514 »

This thread is for our new members to come out and say hello. Don't be shy, we know you're a noob, but we won't hassle ya for it. :wink:

Welcome to Standardshift.com!
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Peter
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Peter »

Hi, I'm new! (and accidentally already introduced myself in the "what's your age" thread...)
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

hey a sticky! i didn't know if this forum had those or not! lol. yes all you noobs please post up! especially if you drive a WRX or live in GA LOL. it's always great to get new people on here. this site has been growing fast lately, i noticed we topped 2000 the other day. congrats to StandardShift!

John: if you want ONLY noobs to post here then just go ahead and delete this :P
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

Welcome to the site Peter! you will find all kinds of helpful and friendly people here. best forum on the net i say!
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Hey! First sticky on this forum :P LOL....

Hello to all newbies. Welcome to the Standardshift community. Feel free to introduce yourselves, and if htere are any questions you have, feel free to start a new thread in the Tips section. Also, have a read at the FAQ, and the search button can help address many question or concerns you have. Again, if you still have questions, feel free to start a new thread. Or if you just having a wonderful/crappy day, feel free to rant/rave in the rant/rave section :P .

Welcome once again, and don't be shy; We were all newbies one point or another. 8)
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

damn Sypher, your welcome was better than mine :P i'm practically still a noob myself i guess! don't i get a new rank when i hit 1000?
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

jomotopia wrote:damn Sypher, your welcome was better than mine :P i'm practically still a noob myself i guess! don't i get a new rank when i hit 1000?
LOL :P Don't wanna spam up this thread, but if you feel the need, rant away 8) :P In the appropriate section of course 8)
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Sypher wrote:Hey! First sticky on this forum :P LOL....
I noticed this was a feature just today and said, "why not make a sticky for new members?" If anyone has any ideas for any other stickies, feel free to PM.

Remember, lots of happy welcoming in here folks! I want to see your smiles! :D (Do I sound like your primary school teacher yet? :lol:)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

LOl, great idea John. Lets have some fun with it, then delete all the nonsense, and make it a true thread for noobs.
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by initialeclipseshift »

not new but I can personally tell you I have learned much from these guys the time I have been here. Just like a second family lol. :cry:
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^
thePsychologist
Junior Standardshifter

Hey

Post by thePsychologist »

Hey everyone! I've been visiting this board for several weeks but only recently thought of trying to post something. I'm a student at the University of Ottawa in the third year (math/psychology).
I am not a psychologist.
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

This place is amazing. Hands down. Mind you, I don't really have any other forums to compare it to seeing as I'm not a big...forums person LOL but this place has become a bit of an obsession for me, and that can only be because the people and atmosphere here are so great. :D

Keep up the great work, guys :wink:
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RA

Post by jcprov21 »

John finally realized that he can do that lol...... Anyway welcome noobs!
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

HI, IM NEW!!! my name is Paolo!
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Welcome to StandardShift.com!

Post by Standardshifter »

This site is only as good as the content, experience and information you, the members, contribute. Please be respectful of differing opinions, right or wrong. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Read the FAQ if you haven't already. If the FAQ doesn't answer your question, try a search of the forums before posting in the correct forum.

Please do your part to keep StandardShift.com a great place to learn, share and spend some online time with fellow Standardshifters!

Edit: Links
Please refer to the glossary for many of our terms and definitons we use on SS.com.

Also, please refer to the FAQ 2.0 for commonly asked questions about standard shift driving. Thank you! :D

An excellent site discussing the basics of driving stick: http://www.nerocam.com/ManTrans.asp
-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites