Hello everyone!!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
Clutch-Cortez
Junior Standardshifter

Hello everyone!!

Post by Clutch-Cortez »

Hi..

I actually just came across the site recently while browsing around curious as to if a place like this, a forum for people who like to drive stick, actually existed hehe; I'm happy to say, it does! :)

I recently started driving again, having bought my first car in a long time and I'm loving it! Its a 1989 Honda Accord LX with a 5-speed manual. Its an absolute blast to drive and I'm starting to think I'll never want to drive an automatic again. I had some experience with a stick, but I feel I've really been coming into my own over the past month of driving this, learning as I go, making mistakes, but alas, loving every second of it.

When I first started driving it, after not having owned a car for a long time (or a stick for that matter haha), I had stalled it about 10 times the first week, possibly rode the clutch a bit too much but I think I'm pretty comfortable now.

I'm looking forward to being a part of your community and hope to maybe get some pointers from the more experienced crowd!

Cheers :)

I've included a pic of my car.. this is the only one available at the current moment, but I think it looks alright.

theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Re: Hello everyone!!

Post by theholycow »

Welcome.

That is one very clean 1989 model.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Welcome! You do know that the Bible says Jesus drove one of those, right?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

Hmm...seems he had one but didn't actually drive it. I just looked him up:
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

theholycow wrote:Hmm...seems he had one but didn't actually drive it. I just looked him up:
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.
So he didn't own it, he had to borrow the car from Pops, Big Deal!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
theholycow wrote:Hmm...seems he had one but didn't actually drive it. I just looked him up:
So he didn't own it, he had to borrow the car from Pops, Big Deal!
We're talkin' about Jesus who lives in Nuevo Laredo, right? With the '69 Chevy SS396 & Muncie Rock-crusher 4-speed. Yeah, he blew the clutch in the Chevy doing burn-outs and had to ask his dad for car keys so he could go on that big date with Maria Magdalene.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

Rope-Pusher wrote:big date with Maria Magdalene.
I heard that she puts out.

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Welcome!
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

theholycow wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:big date with Maria Magdalene.
I heard that she puts out.
i heard she was a virgin, but the dude was smelling his fingers after he came out of her house...

BTW, welcome to the site!!! (i love hondas)
Clutch-Cortez
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Clutch-Cortez »

Haha thanks for the welcome guys!
Clutch-Cortez
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Clutch-Cortez »

Bummmp

Hi! I'm back with a couple interior shots of my spunky little car whom I've dubbed Rubi :). Apologies for the delay; my work often takes up inhuman amounts of my time and apologies for the quality of these particular pics, as my phone camera is absolute rubbish.

Cheers!

I love my interior and I recently installed some new front speakers and a pioneer deck, of which my friend was generous enough to donate. The previous owner ripped the stereo out before selling me the car and I have to have some tunes. Only two things that are broken are the clock (blown fuse I believe) and the upper left horn button. I think I'll be Mr. Ricerroni and replace it with a red button labeled "NOS" XD.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Good to see you're back! Car looks like the PO took pretty good care of her :) . As a matter of fact, my friend who taught me how to drive stick had one of these Accords! He absolutely loved it. He said of all the cars he has owned(which is quite a few), this was by far his favorite.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
Clutch-Cortez
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Clutch-Cortez »

FDSpirit wrote:Good to see you're back! Car looks like the PO took pretty good care of her :) . As a matter of fact, my friend who taught me how to drive stick had one of these Accords! He absolutely loved it. He said of all the cars he has owned(which is quite a few), this was by far his favorite.
Now if only I can quote roppusher and theholycow and get the Christian church to officially state that the Honda Accord was the preferred car of Jesus Christ. ;)

I love it! My favorite out of all the cars I've driven extensively. So you learned on the Accord then? Thats awesome... my mom taught me how to drive on a 5-speed 91' Mazda B2200 with a steering wheel that felt like it was connected to a bucket of cement haha (that was funny passing the driving exam in). When I save up enough, I want to finance a newer car, and I'm seriously considering a Honda Fit or a Civic; does anyone have any recommendations?
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Haha. Nah. He had that car a ways back. He's a little older than me. An arcade amigo. I actually learned on my car. I like my Civic, but I heard the Fit isn't too bad, though. I don't have any experience driving one, so I can't give you any input on it personally.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

Welcome! Wuz good, Cortez?

My brother had an accord similar to that, except it was a 92 I think (slightly different body style I think.) It's still his favorite car ever, though he hasn't had it in fifteen years.